PDA

View Full Version : Dixie landing

chelly4568
06-14-2008, 10:17 AM
okay........
so ive been seeing lately that in peoples signatures there has been a resort(hotel i dont really know) called dixie landing and i've never heard of any resort like that and i was wondering what it really is.

Thanks if you can help (and by the way im sorta new)

:mickey:

sgdisney
06-14-2008, 10:49 AM
Dixie Landings was the original name of Port Orleans Riverside. We stayed there on our first family trip in 2000 and I believe the following year Disney combined it and Port Orleans French Quarter, which at the time was just called Port Orleans, into a combined resort.

Ian
06-14-2008, 02:18 PM
Disney folded Dixie Landings into the Port Orleans Resort some time in the early 2000's. We stayed there in '99 and it was still Dixie Landings.

The name was changed due to the negative connotations that the word "Dixie" carries.

Figment52
06-14-2008, 10:48 PM
Dixie Landings and Port Orleans were created as "sister" resorts. DL is themed as typical Southern antebellum plantation homes, with an additional smaller section called Alligator Bayou - which is sort of like a back country cajun bayou. PO is themed as New Orleans, or to a lesser extent, any city with a traditional french quarter section.

They're located about a mile from each other, connected by a walkway, share a boatride to DTD, and guests who were staying at one resort could use the services at the other.

Seven or eight years ago, they decided to merge them into one large resort, and call the entire resort Port Orleans. The former Dixie Landings is now called Port Orleans Riverside, while the original Port Orleans is called Port Orleans French Quarter.