PDA

View Full Version : Airfare Stress

Marker
06-14-2008, 09:17 AM
I have my trip in September booked, but don't have my transportation booked. I have to admit, I'm a little nervous. I typically find $150 or $160, but it looks like I won't be seeing anything like that.

We're even considering going down on a late flight the day before, that gets in at like 12:50 a.m because it's a less expensive flight. Not sure what we'd do once we got there. Sure, we'd be arriving on the correct date, but I doubt our room would be available at 1:30 a.m., guess we could just hang out and maybe catch some sleep in a lounge chair by the pool.

However, as a glimmer of hope, yesterday Southwest's Ding fares had $90 each way, which came to $201 rt for dates in August. Maybe if I'm patient, they'll have something for September. I've got my fingers crossed.

Ian
06-14-2008, 02:21 PM
We just booked our air for September on Southwest and got $128 r/t.

August DING! fares are just coming out now, so I'd hang in there and wait to see if you can find something reasonable that way.

I find that, if you're willing to be pretty flexible with your flight times, you can normally get inexpensive air on Southwest.

disneydrmr
06-14-2008, 03:08 PM
I just booked with Airtran and got rates for $109 - direct flights. They had layover flights for $97... not sure if they service your area though.

Gottaluvgoof
06-14-2008, 07:53 PM
I am flying out of St. Louis in September, and I was afraid of what fares may get to, so we booked at $200 round trip. I pretty much wanted an early morning flight out and a late as possible flight back, so I booked. If the Ding fare comes up cheaper and I can still get my same flights, I will take the credits and use them for another trip. Good luck Marker! I hope you find a good fare.

Ropachs
06-14-2008, 08:49 PM
Wow, you all are doing great. I booked for October a couple weeks and thought $250 RT was a good deal given the gas prices, etc.

Dopey's Girl
06-15-2008, 05:22 PM
I booked my October flight about a month ago on Airtran. Our flights were about $275 roundtrip, and now they are about $370. I'm really, really glad I booked when I did. If I hadn't, the trip wouldn't be happening. It's just such a gamble now...good luck getting something great!