PDA

View Full Version : Dining Dilemma - Buffets and picky kid

snerd475
06-14-2008, 08:17 AM
Ok, I've made all my ADRs for the first week of December (and 11/30). My dd will turn 10 in August and she's never interested in eating - at all! Just wants to play.

I have dinner at Chef Mickey's, and wondering if I should change, since I see it's like $30 for 10+. She will NEVER eat that much food. I don't suppose it's possible to still get a child buffet for her, is it? I'm NOT trying to cheat, as I would never lie and say she's younger than she is (I believe in Karma, babee!), but I'm wondering if we should skip any buffets because of this rule. We only have the CP early breakfast as another buffet. I don't think I even want to change that, just to be in MK almost alone!

I'd like to dine in one of the monorail resorts on 11/30 before heading to the MVMCP. Any non-buffet suggestions if I opt out of Chef Mickey's? We already have dinner at CG and breakfast at Kona scheduled.

Thanks! You are all so helpful all the time!

bicker
06-14-2008, 09:00 AM
Given your circumstances you are definitely right in thinking you should avoid buffets. That's the best solution to your quandary, if you want to ensure you get the best value for your money, as your highest priority.

I would recommend Kona Cafe for your pre-MVMCP meal.

snerd475
06-14-2008, 09:04 AM
Thanks! You read my mind! The Kona really looks good to me, and as long as there are chicken strips or pizza somewhere, she's happy. Hate to miss out on CM's, but it's just not worth it!

Calling as soon as I can!

TheRustyScupper
06-14-2008, 09:53 AM
1) Absolutely avoid the buffets.
2) Ordering ala carte will suit her appetite.
3) And better suit your wallet.

Jared
06-14-2008, 10:45 AM
I know you already have a reservation at Kona Cafe for breakfast, but it also serves a wonderful traditional table service dinner I'm sure you and your daughter would enjoy. Also consider the Grand Floridian Cafe, which is on the monorail line and often overlooked.

snerd475
06-14-2008, 10:53 AM
I know you already have a reservation at Kona Cafe for breakfast, but it also serves a wonderful traditional table service dinner I'm sure you and your daughter would enjoy. Also consider the Grand Floridian Cafe, which is on the monorail line and often overlooked.

Thanks! I JUST got off the phone to book Kona for 5:10, cancelled CM's (maybe someday...sigh). I did look at GFC, but liked the looks of the menu at Kona, and they have chicken strips!

Thank you all for your advice. I think I made the right choice.

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
06-14-2008, 02:39 PM
I feel your pain on this one. My DD is on her last year as a child for DW. I dread having to pay full adult price for her because she eats little to nothing. The DDP is definitely out after this next trip until she starts eating more food.

snerd475
06-14-2008, 03:17 PM
I feel your pain on this one. My DD is on her last year as a child for DW. I dread having to pay full adult price for her because she eats little to nothing. The DDP is definitely out after this next trip until she starts eating more food.

Yeah, when I called to cancel Chef Mickey's, the CM said "Oh,that's too bad because it's such fun!" Yeah, thanks a bunch...
This 62 lb (but sturdy as a brick, uh, house) child will be happy with her chicken fingers and fries for $7 or so, and I will not be spending $60on dinner alone, less tax and tip.
Maybe, someday.

I'm not giving up my CP 8:05 breakfast, however! She and I like Mickey and friends better than Pooh, but thankfully, she's not into the characters that much.

Can't wait for my solo trip! still unplanned....