PDA

View Full Version : Tie dye cheesecake at Pop Century

McGoofy
06-13-2008, 06:27 PM
When we are talking about lists of favorite CS meals, Pop Century doesn't usually make the list for most people. While it is not my favorite CS either, I just need to say that I just found a new dessert that I like a lot! This tie dye cheesecake (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2375861160101825575ATlEez)was very yummy! The bottom was some type of red velvet cake, and the colored portion was regular cheesecake. The two flavors blended together and tasted wonderful. If you have a chance to eat a dessert at Pop Century, check out the tie dye cheesecake in the Grab and Go section!

mainemajor
06-13-2008, 08:08 PM
When we stayed there a couple of years ago that was the first thing I bought. I had read about it online and was going to have some ASAP. I ended up having three slices before the trip was done.
That is just one more thing that makes POP so much fun

ElenitaB
06-13-2008, 08:47 PM
I saw it in person our last trip and never expected it to be so brightly colored! Glad to hear that it tasted good because it scared me! I just figured that so much food coloring at once might not be good for my system.

mouseketeer mom
06-13-2008, 08:51 PM
Womans World magazine ran the picture and recipe last year. I saved it, but have yet to make it..I agree with ElenitaB, that food coloring is worrisome!!

Bethanymouse
06-13-2008, 11:39 PM
I tried it on our first stay at the POP about 3 years ago. It is delicious!

Jared
06-14-2008, 12:06 AM
It looks so funky and unusual I wonder if I could eat it. I love cheesecake, but cheesecake is definitely not supposed to be that color!

teachvicts
06-14-2008, 07:38 AM
Can a snack credit from the dining plan be used to purchase this must try cheesecake?

Jared
06-14-2008, 09:49 AM
Can a snack credit from the dining plan be used to purchase this must try cheesecake?
Yes.

:)

luvdiznee
06-15-2008, 11:29 AM
Love it, Love it, Love it...:eat::tasty:

ElenitaB
06-15-2008, 04:24 PM
If you're looking for that recipe, you can find it here (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/recipes/tiedyedcheesecake.asp) on InfoCentral.

McGoofy
06-15-2008, 05:25 PM
If you're looking for that recipe, you can find it here (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/recipes/tiedyedcheesecake.asp) on InfoCentral.

I wonder if the recipe has changed? The one posted doesn't seem to make the red velvet cake part. In the picture that I took, if you look at the red part, that is not food coloring. It was cake, not cheesecake. The rest of the colored portions were actually cheesecake.

I agree that is a LOT of food coloring, but that never even crossed my mind when I was eating it! I guess it is no worse than eating birthday cake. It was a vacation splurge!:party:

ElenitaB
06-15-2008, 06:36 PM
The recipe posted is the one from Women's World magazine. They may have changed up the recipe and subbed out red velvet cake for the more typical graham cracker crust.

Mad About Mickey
06-15-2008, 07:50 PM
The tie dye cheese cake was a favorite of my DW and mine the last time we stayed at Pop :eat:. At the end of a long day at the park I would grab a piece from the food court as we returned to our room. Just biting into it would instantly erase any memories of the waiting for the bus and the cramped ride back to Pop. The moment you started chewing the magic was back :pixie: .

disneydrmr
06-16-2008, 09:07 AM
My dh LOVES cheesecake and we will be staying at Pop in November! Is this a 'creamy' cheesecake or more 'powdery'???