PDA

View Full Version : Do you dress in Disney gear?

RaRaRoundTheWorld
06-13-2008, 03:43 PM
I'm not a big one for logos on my or my family's clothing, but after our first family trip, I must admit that I started cruising the Disney store for Disney Wear (t-shirts, shorts, flip-flops, etc). On our second trip, I let my kids wear some the of the logo wear I purchased. Strangely, now that I was paying attention, I didn't notice a lot of people in Disney "Wear". I think it's oddly sweet when I see "grown-ups" in Disney gear - something I never thought I would feel.

So, I guess my questions are - do you wear "Disney" clothing in the world? Do you have special festive outfits that you save to wear in the world? Do you wear Disney gear all year round?

wdwfan
06-13-2008, 04:02 PM
I always wear Disney t-shirts when I'm in WDW. I never leave my house without something Disney on. Ring, earrings, just something.

The only time I don't wear Disney apparel is for dinners at Cal. Grill, Jiko's, & places like these, but I always have my jewelry on! :mickey:

Taja
06-13-2008, 04:11 PM
No, but I rarely wear RTW clothing. It doesn't fit well and I detest alterations! *LOL*

However, I now own a pari of 14K hoop earrings with Mickey heads, courtesy of my BFF, and a Mickey watch, courtesy of me. My watch battery died at WDW last year and it was the first time I forgot to pack a second watch! *LOL*

Jasper
06-13-2008, 04:12 PM
I often have some type of Disney clothing on. I even have Disney on sometimes when I am dressed up in my good clothes for church and things like that because my wife found some Grumpy boxers one year when we were at Disney World. So I often wear those to church because I get a kick out of having something Disney on even when I am all dressed up!

KineGirl
06-13-2008, 04:14 PM
I do! I actually dont wear alot of Disney clothes per say other than PJs but I do have several of the plush character back packs that I totally sport in the World (along with my loaded lanyard & Tigger ears). My favorite is a Tigger that was only sold during the Millenium Celebration :tigger: but I also love my new Yeti bag. My daughter has several Disney shirts that she sports in the World (at home too). Her favorites are the "I like my boyfriend but I LOVE Mickey" and a few of the Pirate baby T's and "tattoo "shirts. My DH also has a couple of cool Disney Ts.

If its Disney, it goes in the suitcase!

indytraveler
06-13-2008, 04:16 PM
Yes I have a Mickey Mouse sweatshirt that I wear in the winter time. I also have a WDW t-shirt I wear as well. I didn't want WDW / Mickey gear a few years ago but I felt I could get over it if someone gave me grief. I just reply that Mickey is worth more than some of the other "sport" brands.

kakn7294
06-13-2008, 04:19 PM
I almost always wear either Disney or sports t's (Steelers, Pirates, Penguins, or Pitt). I always wear an Ariel charm necklace and my Mickey hair clip. Much of my other jewelry is Disney as well and my watch (I have many) is usually Disney. Even my shoes are often Disney - Crocs and flip-flops! I also have several Disney purses.

Septbride2002
06-13-2008, 04:31 PM
Not really - I have a couple of things but I find that Disney clothes don't fit my body type well. My daughter on the other hand is typically in Disney stuff throughout the trip.

~Amanda

baby minnie's mommy
06-13-2008, 07:29 PM
DH, DD, and I usually wear Disney shirts at least one day of the trip. :mickey: We wear them at home also, around town.

BelleLovesTheBeast
06-13-2008, 07:29 PM
I wear Disney shirts at home or at WDW. I have some with characters, some AK shirts with animals and ones from the countries in the WS. I wear them at the parks as long as it is cool enough to do so. Most of the time I wear tank tops.

DH has a Mickey shirt and an AK one with a tiger. He gets compliments on them all the time. Most of the time from people who you would never in a million years expect it from.

dolphinmickey9170
06-13-2008, 09:38 PM
I have disney t-shirts, tanks, sweatshirts, pants, capris, shorts, handbags, tote bags, wallet, suitcases, jewelry, watch, jammies, crocs, scrubs, hats, license plate frame, steering wheel cover, dishes, blankets.....I know there is more to this list, but this was all I could think of. I think I'm an addict. I wear disney stuff everywhere, work, home, store, doctor appts, whatever!! I know, I'm crazy!!:mickey: For Disney.:blush:

GrmGrninGost
06-13-2008, 10:31 PM
My whole family dresses in Disney quite often! When at WDW, we ALWAYS wear Disney! I myself have many, many t-shirts, sweatshirts, shorts, robe, pajamas, wallet, hats and watches. We eat off Mickey plates and drink from Mickey glasses. Our silverware has the Mickey cut-out. My mousepad has Sorcerer Mickey! We have several stickers, magnets, antenna topper and license plate frame on our mini-van. We read everything we can find Disney! Birnbaum is like the Holy Grail here! We have Mickey suitcases! We have Disney fanny packs! We collect Disney items, including pins! DW and DD have several pieces of Disney jewelry each, which they wear often! If it is Disney, we probably have it or want it! We are Disney nuts, and proud of it! :mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-13-2008, 10:55 PM
It's rather funny...we don't wear tons of Disney wear while at Disney (although we always make personalized t-shirts for a couple days of the trip), but we quite often wear Disney stuff at home. :confused: While at the parks DH wears as much "Canadian stuff" as he can...anything with a Mapleleaf is good in his books. :thumbsup:

I have some Disney jewellery, and I wear it a lot, both at home and at Disney.

kakn7294
06-13-2008, 11:00 PM
I know, I'm crazy!!:mickey: For Disney.:blush:That's why I love you!

SgtTigger
06-13-2008, 11:08 PM
I wear Disney wear all the time....

Disney
DVC
and now Castaway Cay........

T-shirts
jackets
muscle shirts
polo shirts

I love them......

:cop: :tigger:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-14-2008, 12:48 AM
I wear Disney stuff all the time. I even have a Disney charm bracelet that I've started. And a few Disney watches.

Tinkerfreak
06-14-2008, 06:34 AM
I have several Disney T-shirts, 3 zip up sweatshirts and my favorite item my blue jean jacket with Tinkerbell on the back. I wear the shirts on a regular basis all year but the jacket and sweatshirts I wear in the winter. I have several Disney tank tops I wear in summer and Disney flip flops. I also have Disney watches and tote bags. My car is decked out in Tinkerbell and Tigger stuff etc.
I actually do tend to wear my Disney stuff at home more than at the parks but I think that is because I don't have as much Disney summer stuff and when we go it is usually too hot to wear T-shirts.

Ropachs
06-14-2008, 08:31 AM
Love to wear Disney wear at the parks! At home, I tone it down a bit, but do like to frequently wear my jewelry from QVC - earrings, bracelets, necklaces. And I always have my Mickey Jibblitz on my Crocs!

mouseketeer mom
06-14-2008, 08:56 AM
My purse is always a Disney one. Right now its a tan handbag with a gold outline of Mickey on the front. I wear Disney earrings every day. I have about, OH, 30 pairs or so..:blush: I'm not kidding, I really do. Its my thing. I don't like alot of other jewelry, but I love my Disney earrings. They are all purchased at WDW. I have some bracelets and necklaces. I wear my Disney shirts at home once in a while. I'm not a huge t shirt person, but I have some cute ones that fit good. My car is all done up with Tink decals, my Mickey Moms club magnet., my Disney familt with ears decals...My SUV is gold and we call it my "Tink Tank"!

DisneyOtaku
06-14-2008, 11:20 AM
I own multiple Disney shirts and I certainly don't leave home without at least two when I go to WDW. My favorites are a Stitch shirt (which I actually bought for a Sadies Hawkins' dance :thumbsup:) and a gray shirt that has the symbols *Peace, Love, Mickey Mouse*

I also wear these shirts all the time in the "real" world. I don't hide my love for Disney :mickey:

pink
06-14-2008, 12:03 PM
I never wore Disney themed shirts when I was older but when I was much younger I think my mom would dress me up in them. However, for my next trip I already bought a blue Minnie Mouse shirt that says Ms. Fabulous on it, it looks kind of vintage. I can't wait to wear it! My DBF is also considering buying a Mickey Mouse shirt for his first trip in September. :mickey:

jrkcr
06-14-2008, 12:34 PM
Yep! I've got a few sweatshirts, t-shirts, watch, earrings(that I never wear),hats, purses that I only use on Disney trips, and soon I will have something :mickey2: on all the time-a tattoo! :blush: :secret:

I really love my Disneyland t -shirts,I bought them at the Paradise Pier Resort, and they are very "beachy"!! :dolphin::surfing::diver::boat:
I hope to collect a few more this year!!

Young@Heart
06-15-2008, 01:13 AM
We all have special Disney things we wear at home. I have an Alice shirt w/ crystals that I got at DHS last trip-expensive but worth every penny. DH buys a new jersey from the sporting goods store each year. DS's and DD all have Disney tee's. \

For our trips, we do custom outfits for DD, and a few sets of custom family shirts. I'm actually working on some for our DHS and Epcot days.

mickeyfan2001
06-15-2008, 02:59 AM
I'm always wearing something Disney, I have a Mickey Mouse tattoo on my left leg :mickey2:. I often wear Disney in the parks and in the "real" world weather its clothing, crocs, jewelry, or purses. I also have Disney in my car. :mickey:.

SpecJoe Magic
06-15-2008, 03:23 AM
I have several WDW shirts. I usually only wear them at WDW, but I occasionally wear them to other places as well. My favorite is what I call my "billboard shirt." It's basically a Hawaiian-style shirt that's covered in a collage of various WDW landmarks.

Dickson Thunder
06-15-2008, 07:19 PM
I have a couple of Disney T-shirts I wear when I'm there and I wear them at home from time to time. My favorite is a picture of Mickey with the "Big Cheese" caption on it.

;)

Marker
06-15-2008, 08:28 PM
I felt I could get over it if someone gave me grief.

If anyone wants to give me grief about wearing anything Disney, or any other reason for that matter, I say bring it on. If they don't like it, that's their issue not mine.

My office at work is full of Disney stuff. My car is definitely "Disney-fied" with chrome Mickey icon on the back, a "Been There, Done That, Going Back" license frame, a dangly Sorcerer Mickey, etc. My office at home is definitely Disney. There are some Disney items all over the house, salt and pepper ginders, picture frames, Mickey hand spoon rest, etc. So if my wearing Disney clothes surprises anyone, they're just not paying attention.

Actually, I find my Disney shirts often spark up conversation about WDW. So yeah, I wear Disney stuff. I have polo shirts for work, and t-shirts for other times. I typically by 2 or 3 shirts each trip. As a matter of fact, I'm wearing an '08 WDW shirt right now.

Although, while I'm at WDW, you'll often find me in some KC stuff. It's fun to connect with someone from home when you are away. But if I'm not wearing KC stuff, I'm likely in a Disney shirt. And if anyone has a issue it, I guess I just don't really care.

PlutoToo
06-15-2008, 09:55 PM
Yup. I wear Disney shirts all the time at home, work, and Disney. My husband has even asked for Disney shirts, a t shirt and a Hawaiian shirt. And he wears them.:thumbsup:

SurferStitch
06-15-2008, 10:14 PM
I'm not a tee shirt wearer, but I do have a lot that I wear to lounge around the house. I've also gotten quite a few pair of the ladies Disney jeans from the DS.

I have a fully loaded Disney charm bracelet I wear a lot, and also a Tink charm bracelet. Both get worn at WDW and at home. I almost always wear a Disney watch of some sort. I also just got the most beautiful Swarovski Mickey earrings and necklace. They are so classy, and get worn on a very regular basis.

I have some Disney hoodies that I love, and wear them at home and at WDW. I love that they are starting to make more fitted ladies hoodies since I'm not one to wear my clothing very loose or baggy.

I have a plush Stitch backpack that travels to WDW with me on every trip since 2004 (when I bought him at WoD in NYC). I use him all the time there. I also have a plush Mike Wazowski backpack, but I hardly ever use him.

I also have a Swarovski Stitch pin, and a Swarovski Donald pin. I like to wear them at home and at WDW. I always try to work one in, even at our fanciest dinner. The Stitch pin usually finds a home on my handbag, or in a not-so-obvious place on my evening dress or top. It's my little bit of formal Disney attire.

brownie
06-16-2008, 09:05 AM
I wear hats and some polo shirts. I wore out most of the t-shirts I had.

mickeys_princess_mom
06-16-2008, 11:29 AM
ALL the time. The last day of school I even wore my new Sleeping Beauty tiara, just cause I needed to. The kids didn't bat an eye, cause they know me--just smiled and said they liked it. Only one foolish mortal grownup inquired, and he was quickly set straight by my friends. :mickey:

grumpyguy
06-16-2008, 12:21 PM
when at the world,my wife and i actually have specific first day of the trip shirts and last day of the trip shirts.the other days are up to us but i have to sport something "grumpy" always:thumbsup:

Disney Doll
06-16-2008, 01:21 PM
I usually do wear Disney tees in the parks. I don't really wear Disney stuff at home so I have to take advantage of my park time.

Nut4DW
06-16-2008, 01:42 PM
My DH and I always wear our Disney shirts - both at the World and in the world. Be careful though - I wore one with Winnie the Pooh on it at the Animal Kingdom once and was stopped by cast members twice to let me know I had pooh on my shirt - they thought they were so funny.:D

I also have a Disney bag I carry around with me to all the sports events. Not ashamed of the Disney nut I am!

MickeyandTink
06-16-2008, 03:48 PM
DW bought me my first Mickey shirt (and a couple of more) before our trip last year. Since that time, my wardrobe has expanded to where I will probably be wearing a Disney shirt every day during our trip this year.

Outside of the world, I will occassionally wear one of my Disney Tees, but I do wear my watch from WOD frequently to work. As a matter of fact, I'm wearing it right now.:D

Bethis26fan
06-16-2008, 05:00 PM
I do atleast a couple of days in the trip.

brertosh
06-16-2008, 06:55 PM
My son and I have matching MIckey shirts and my wife and daughter have matching Minnie shirts that we will be wearing a week from today as we fly into the World!!

Hull-onian
06-16-2008, 07:22 PM
So, I guess my questions are - do you wear "Disney" clothing in the world? Do you have special festive outfits that you save to wear in the world? Do you wear Disney gear all year round?

We have Mickey and Minnie Sport socks. I have a Mickey and a Tinker Bell zip up hooded sweatshirt. DH has classic Mickey sweatshirt in grey and a nice navy blue Disneyworld sweatshirt. I have my Tinkerbell handbag. Then we have t-shirts. All sorts with all sorts of logos on them. They are great. We wear em with pride. In the parks we wear a park of the day t-shirt. It's great. We're lovin it.:thumbsup:

thatkindofday
06-16-2008, 07:29 PM
Haha, I wear Disney shirts all the time. In fact, most of the shirts I have other than my work outfits are disney shirts. Last year when we went to the world, I wore nothing but Disney shirts the whole week.

pixiesmimi
06-16-2008, 09:52 PM
I love wearing Disney clothes, jewelry and shoes but feel a little strange being a Grandmother wearing these things. I love them though! I definately wear them at the parks and wear them around home. I am getting braver wearing them out. I get strange looks sometimes from people who think I'm trying to act younger than my age but I also get compliments on my earrings and watch. My favorite shirt has a magic wand on it with "Fairy Grandmother" on it. It got a lot of comments from the CMs last year. DH has Mickey and Grumpy shirts and ties and likes to wear his :mickey: ties to church. He isn't bashful about it. :) He picks out Disney things for me in the store and surprised me with my :mickey: watch for my birthday. So sweet! :)

I have a Disney Princess antenna topper with a Princess tag on the front of my car and Mickey ears and my Moms Club magnet on the back. It is a princess wagon. :)

disneydeb
06-16-2008, 10:46 PM
I teach in an elementary school and I wear Disney things all the time.:mickey:

princessjojo
06-17-2008, 04:33 PM
Out of the 7 days we've been here so far, I've had on something Disney about 5 of them. I have to admit though, that I usually wear something new on every trip. Then bring the older shirts with us also. During our August trip, I'll probably wear something Disney every day, including our incoming day. It's fun for me...

IloveDisney71
06-17-2008, 08:58 PM
I don't wear Disney clothing every day of my Disney vacation but I do at least 2 or 3 times during each trip. I ALWAYS wear my Mickey earrings during each day of my trip.
I wear Disney shirts on a regular basis at home (at least once a week). I bought a small pair of Mickey earrings for my second piercing during my last trip. I've worn them every day since I bought them.
Everyone that knows me, knows I'm a Disney addict. :mickey: I see a lot more people wearing Disney things lately.

RBrooksC
06-18-2008, 07:29 AM
Actually, my family and I do wear Disney gear when in Disney. I have two Star Wars Weekends Disney shirts, a couple of Disney camp shirts, and several tee shirts.

When we went to Disney on our Honeymoon, the night we got there we went to World of Disney and found a Dopey shirt that said I am with Grumpy and a Grumpy shirt that said I am with Dopey. We wore those our first day at the MK and got more compliments than with anything else I have ever worn in Disney.

While when I look at it from a distance, it does seem rather surreal and a little strange to wear a Disney shirt in Disney, I will still do it each time I am there.

mickey&missy
06-18-2008, 10:40 AM
I not at big tee shirt person, so I don't have many disney tees. I do have a really cute white one with a big rhinestone outline of mickey that I where at WDW and every once in a while at home. I have several WDW sweatshirts I wear at home when I want to be comfy and happy! I have a 2 hats I got at WDW that I'll wear on a bad hair day or a day I get up late. I also have 2 pairs of crocs with Disney jibitz. I also have a collection of mickey watches. I have 2 in particular that I wear. I also have a mickey bracelet that I wear almost everyday! I've loved mickey for as long as I can remember. It's only natural that he's always around!

Dsnygirl
06-18-2008, 04:56 PM
:mickey: Yup - we wear it! My girls wear something Disney probably every day while we're there, whereas my DH and I vary it... we have a few t-shirts, and have "acquired" a few more since our last trip... :blush: ... so next time, I'm sure we'll be a bit more "disney" than we were before. And we've all got Disney pj's... :thumbsup:

As far as at home, my girls have "outgrown" wearing their princess t-shirts, but love to wear the fairies and HM or HSM stuff... I wear my Mickey t-shirts and tanks quite often, and my DH wears his once in awhile. Funny, though, a friend at work commented that I seem to always have "disney" on... (I'm a nurse at night and wear scrubs, so always have a t-shirt or tank on under them to keep warm, even in the summer) So I thought about it, and between the fact that I wear an (understated) Mickey ring 24/7, have lots of socks from WDW and often wear my Mickey tanks or t's to work, I think she was pretty close to right! :blush:

Wish they could pay me for advertising.... ;)

mickeys_princess_mom
06-18-2008, 10:15 PM
:mickey: Wish they could pay me for advertising.... ;)

If they would, we could both go to the World more often, right?! :high5:

dolphinmickey9170
06-19-2008, 11:38 AM
Thanks, Kathy.....I love you too!

If Under Armour would start a Disney line, they would sell even more Disney gear for all of us. I emailed them last year posing this suggestion, but never heard another thing about it. Too bad.

tomatoe pie
06-20-2008, 04:50 PM
i don't hide my love of disney either. i wear disney tee shirts and sweatshirts, and sweatsuits for outdoor wear at home and at disney. i am never without a disney (mickey :mickey:mouse) watch. i think the watch love goes all the way back to childhood when i wanted one of the originals.

and quess what! i am a grandmother!;)

amd780
06-24-2008, 08:50 PM
I have two particular favorites - a sweatshirt that I bought in WDW on my 2007 trip and white canvas sneakers with Mickey embroidered on the outside of each in blue (purchased last Jan. in WDW). I love Disney - and I'm proud of it!!!! :mickey:

LizLovesDiz
06-24-2008, 09:43 PM
As I sit here writing this post,I am wearing my mickey shirt,mickey earrings,and just took off my Disney crocs,I have lots of Disney gear that I have collected through the years,and know that I will buy more! Oh yeah,i am 44 years old,LOL! :blush:

Disney Baby
06-24-2008, 11:30 PM
Okay - I had to respond. My three girls always match and wear Disney outfits each day we are in WDW with matching hairbows - they get a lot of attention from the Characters and cast members. I actually do it to make the pictures look uniform and it makes it easier to keep track of them!!!! - the attention is just a bonus!

jilwil
06-25-2008, 10:45 AM
a new Mickey shirt at the Disney Store, specifically to wear while on our trip, but I have already been wearing it here at home! I also just purchased my first Intercot gear! :rocks: The t-shirt and cap combo should be on its way! I will wear the t-shirt and DH will wear the cap! We love wearing Disney gear while at the World! :mickey: I think some of our desire to wear Disney gear at WDW may be subliminal brain-washing from watching the Disney Vacation Planning DVD one too many times! :D The people on there ALWAYS wear their Disney gear!

Thumper03
06-28-2008, 10:47 AM
The two of us and DD(9) will wear Disney anytime & anywhere.:mickey: DS (12) on the other hand...only at WDW. He's too cool to wear the Mouse around friends at home. :secret:

Soul_Power
06-28-2008, 01:08 PM
I don't really wear the Disney gear in the parks, but I do wear it at home. My favorite sweater is a zip-up hoodie with "2007" on the back that I got from WDW last year. I also have Disney (cuties) PJ pants that I love! I wear a Mickey necklace every once in a while, and I also love carrying Disney tote bags!

mdhiggin
06-28-2008, 05:19 PM
DH has Tshirts aplenty, but he is almost always in one of his two Disney Tshirts if he's off work. Our last trip, he bought a collared shirt that he can wear to work with Disney '08 on it.
I watch What Not To Wear and recently saw a woman with an Alice in Wonderland purse. It had to be thrown away, according to the hosts. So sad, especially since I have a Bambi one that it reminded me of. I still use mine, though, along with my Disney watch that I wear daily.

mrsgaribaldi
06-30-2008, 11:53 PM
I don't usually in the parks. My ID holder for work has Mickey on it and so does the blue jacket I wear to work;)