PDA

View Full Version : YOAMD ears came in the mail today!!!

mouseketeer mom
06-13-2008, 03:19 PM
Wowie Kazowy! Can you tell I'm happy? Today the postman delivered my very own Year of a Million Dreams mouse ears from a postcard I sent in to the sweepstakes!!!!!
I am so excited! I have them on my dashboard. From the inside of the car you can see the YOAMD logo, and from the outside of the car you can see the back of the ears and it says "Live Your Dream". Woo Hoo!!

SgtTigger
06-13-2008, 07:47 PM
Very Very cool......................:thumbsup:

:cop: :tigger:

MauiMouse
06-13-2008, 10:32 PM
Good to hear that someone is getting something from mailing in post cards. I've mailed about 20 or 25 at least and so far nothing, zip, nada. :(

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-13-2008, 10:52 PM
Congrats! We won a pair of ears last year, and it was so cool getting them in the mail :mickey:

scottgr
06-13-2008, 11:54 PM
sweet :thumbsup:

DizRunner
06-14-2008, 09:46 AM
Congratulations! That's great.

When I was at WDW in January I was fortunate enough to win a pin lanyard when I exited the HM.

Since January I've been sending a postcard every weekday in hopes to win either ears or a big prize. Deep down what I'd like is a pin lanyard that came from Disneyland, if that's possible.

Does anyone know if someone has won a pin lanyard from the postcard drawings?

Don't get me wrong...I'm very thankful for my prize from WDW. It's still in the package and in my box on the dresser. Already a very good 'disney' friend has told her kids when their here to "go upstairs and get the box". :mickey:

KineGirl
06-14-2008, 01:38 PM
Wow!! So cool! :mickey: What an awesome surprise! Are you going to sport them in the World on your upcoming trip? (I would!!)

I KNEW I shouldve sent in a postcard!!

Gottaluvgoof
06-14-2008, 07:56 PM
What post cards???? I never heard of this and wondering what exactly this was. :confused:

DisneyorBust
06-14-2008, 08:58 PM
Congratulations!
My wife won YOAMD mouse ears last year. She did the post cards too!

BMan62
06-14-2008, 09:36 PM
So far, 3 sets of WDW YOAMD Dream Ears from postcards - 2 sets for me (came on same day) and one set for DW.

We've been sending postcards almost every day sine 1/2/08.

We'll be in the parks in Sept. for the third time since this promotion began and hopefully this time we'll at least get to see someone win something, even if we don't.

DizRunner
06-14-2008, 09:51 PM
To Gottaluvgoof...

You can mail a postcard (one a day) for a chance to win a dream. Don't know how often they draw for prizes. And from what I've read, it seems that the only prizes are YOMD mouseears. I've yet to read of somone winning a pin lanyard or some other prize. Here are the instructions...

"Also, starting on December 19, 2007, eligible participants can enter without being present in a Disney Property by hand-writing their full name, complete mailing address (including postal code), daytime telephone number (including area code), and date of birth on a piece of paper or postcard and sending it with proper postage affixed to: P.O. Box 8650, Elmhurst, IL 60126, USA or if a legal resident of the UK: 2008 Disney Dreams Giveaway,483 Green Lanes, Suite 200, London N13 4BS, England. Limit one mail-in entry per person per day during the Giveaway Period. All mail-in entries must be mailed separately, postmarked on or between December 19, 2007 and December 31, 2008 and received by January 14, 2009 or they will be void."

Young@Heart
06-15-2008, 01:15 AM
So cool-congrats!!!
I always intended to mail in a postcard, but then I would forget. :blush:

mouseketeer mom
06-15-2008, 09:19 AM
I read on another site that someone won a DVC membership from the postcards!

Gottaluvgoof
06-15-2008, 08:22 PM
To Gottaluvgoof...

You can mail a postcard (one a day) for a chance to win a dream. Don't know how often they draw for prizes. And from what I've read, it seems that the only prizes are YOMD mouseears. I've yet to read of somone winning a pin lanyard or some other prize. Here are the instructions...

"Also, starting on December 19, 2007, eligible participants can enter without being present in a Disney Property by hand-writing their full name, complete mailing address (including postal code), daytime telephone number (including area code), and date of birth on a piece of paper or postcard and sending it with proper postage affixed to: P.O. Box 8650, Elmhurst, IL 60126, USA or if a legal resident of the UK: 2008 Disney Dreams Giveaway,483 Green Lanes, Suite 200, London N13 4BS, England. Limit one mail-in entry per person per day during the Giveaway Period. All mail-in entries must be mailed separately, postmarked on or between December 19, 2007 and December 31, 2008 and received by January 14, 2009 or they will be void."

:thanks: I just might have to get me some postcards. :mickey: