PDA

View Full Version : Crowds in May vs. Sept. - Help!

the other micki
06-13-2008, 12:36 PM
My DH just gave me the go-ahead for a WDW trip for 2009! :cloud9: So, now I must decide...early May or mid-Sept. Does anyone know how the crowd level compares with these two times? We went in mid-May 2006 and did not have much trouble with crowds at all. It was very nice! I know Sept. is also usually low crowds, but I'm wondering if free dining has increased them and to what degree. I'm thinking that the weather would be a little more pleasant in May. Although the highs may be similar, it seems that May mornings and evenings are a little cooler? Of course, there's also the possiblity they may offer free dining next year which would save us $900! Opinions needed please!:mickey:

PlutoLover
06-13-2008, 05:19 PM
I am also planning but I have no choice it is early May, probably the first week. I was wondering about how early May is down there.

I went Sept 21-30, 2006 with free dining....I thought there were a lot of people there, more than I expected, but I did not feel the pressure of the July/August crowds I have experienced. We pretty much walked onto most rides, like space mountain. I think the most we waited was for Spalsh Mountain and EE maybe 30-45 mins, definitely take advantage of FP. I guess it's all in how you hit them. As for weather it was hotter than I expected too, definitely short shorts and tank tops were a necessity. It could have been unseasonably warm in 2006 because I don't ever remember reading it was that hot down there at that time. I did enjoy going in September and would definitely do it again. I have no idea if now the free dining has caused a huge upswing in guests at this point.

Good Luck and Happy Planning

scootch713
06-13-2008, 07:01 PM
I would pick May..(although when is Easter next year)>....Sept is hurricane season and has been free dining the past few years(which would add to crowd levels)

faline
06-14-2008, 04:39 PM
I prefer early May. Crowds in early May are generally low. The weather in both May and September is usually hot and humid though May tends to be the drier of the two. Crowds in September are certainly manageable though the free dining that has been offered does drive up attendance a bit.

rnin02
06-16-2008, 11:25 PM
We've only gone in September, and while free dining has increased the crowds some, its still very manageable. Its a very nice time of the year to go, and I think this year the Halloween party at MK is starting mid-September, and that's always fun to go to.

the other micki
06-18-2008, 05:10 PM
I am leaning toward May (for one reason, it's sooner!) Anybody else have input?