PDA

View Full Version : Anyone live in Clermont?

tmosier
06-12-2008, 09:29 PM
Do any Intercotees live in Clermont, FL? My family is looking to relocate and I'd love to get your opinion of that town. Thanks.

Advnt05
06-13-2008, 07:09 AM
I don't live there but make a point of passing through on my way home from Disney. It has good access to orange groves and good citrus. I know there is a big Ironman triathlon there each year (Ironman Florida) so it must have a big lake. Seems like a nice spot when I pass through but kind of not much to do there but relax and play golf.

BelleLovesTheBeast
06-13-2008, 12:13 PM
I have a close friend who lives there. Her and her family absolutely love it. They have been there for 9 years. They think it's one of the best areas in Orlando to live. A good place to raise a family. I've visited a few times. It's very pretty. I really liked it.

murphy1
06-13-2008, 06:25 PM
This is the area I really love, however some things to consider. The traffic is getting worse in the area. The orange groves got decimated in the 90's when a big frost hit, and there are more and more subdivisions taking over which kind of makes me sad.. Believe it or not there are hills in this area. I would visit and also figure what part of the area you would work in (unless you are retiring, then lucky you!), if it's on the more Northern side of Orlando, it's a tough commute. I fear it's going to be a lot like Orlando in a few years, but I just loved driving through here and staying in the area when I lived there. I think there's only one or two high schools in the area and the elem. schools are getting or ARE already very overcrowded. Insurance is really tough to get in Florida, nothing like what you get where you live now and it's getting more expensive. It is a great time to get a house there, though, many foreclosures. If you have kids check out Longwood and Lake Mary, too, very nice with great schools. We are heading down there to Lake Louisa soon, which is a great State Park area. The Chain of Lakes is in this area, really nice. Good luck!

Another area (since I'm from Tampa) is Tampa! North Tampa is absolutely beautiful, brand new and lots of young families.

Piglet822
06-13-2008, 06:36 PM
I agree with Shari. It's getting ridiculous out there. And what gets me is, there was nothing there when the people started moving in so they complain and now the place is starting to look like Orlando!!!! Ok, off my :soapbox: (Knowing my luck lately I'll fall anyway and sprain the other ankle :blush: )
It is a pretty area though, it's growing but for now still manages to retain some of that "small town" feel to it. Not sure how. If you choose the South Clermont area (closer to 192) it's a short ride to WDW. :mickey:
There are some local papers distributed that focus on Clermont and South Lake County. If you're interested PM me your address and I'll get some of the papers from my Mom. She's lived out there since the late 80's.

tmosier
06-15-2008, 03:36 PM
Another area (since I'm from Tampa) is Tampa! North Tampa is absolutely beautiful, brand new and lots of young families.

Any north Tampa areas in particular?

tmosier
06-15-2008, 03:38 PM
There are some local papers distributed that focus on Clermont and South Lake County. If you're interested PM me your address and I'll get some of the papers from my Mom. She's lived out there since the late 80's.

... uh, what's PM?

Piglet822
06-16-2008, 12:44 AM
... uh, what's PM?

Private Message

I just tried sending you a message but it appears you have that feature disabled. You can email me if you like.