PDA

View Full Version : Boma & Cape May Cafe

AvonleaCF
06-12-2008, 08:13 PM
I decided not to use the dining plan on my next trip. Last year I got it for free, but this year I'm not eligible for that and I decided, with the changes, it wasn't worth it. So I cancelled all my ADRs, except for my dinners at Boma and Cape May Cafe.

But...are they worth $26.99? I know Boma is. I've been there twice before. I've been to the Cape May for dinner once, and I liked it a lot, but for $26.99? I like buffets (I'm a solo traveler and it cuts out the sitting and waiting alone), and this is one of the few dinner buffets without characters and that isn't in a park (I don't like being tied to a certain park just for an ADR).

I'm debating canceling it and only having one ADR for my trip, but I do like this buffet. Such a tough call! And it'll be a nice break from counter service meals...

Opinions?

DizneyFreak2002
06-12-2008, 08:33 PM
I think the buffet's are a little over priced... but, it is Disney... I had Cape May Cafe once for breakfast and liked it...

Jared
06-12-2008, 08:53 PM
Cape May Cafe is spotty and probably not worth the money. I had dinner there on May 25 and was disappointed, though I've had two wonderful experiences in the past. I can't pinpoint exactly what was different this time, but the overall food quality was worse than I remembered. The salads and soups are good, but the main dishes were mediocre, including the signature shellfish.

Boma - Flavors of Africa is the only consistent buffet for both meals. I strongly recommend keeping that reservation.

:tasty:

SBETigg
06-12-2008, 09:06 PM
I think $26.99 is a real bargain for a full meal. That's about the going price around here for nicer buffet meals, so why not at WDW? I guess it depends on your dining habits. I'm not a huge buffet fan, but they are cost-effective compared to a lot of TS meals at WDW and I do love Boma. It's vacation. I can't imagine not having a few special meals on vacation, two at the very least.

Pirate Granny
06-12-2008, 09:55 PM
We ate at Cape May for the first time over the Memorial Weekend...we weren't overly impressed...actually, my DH thought it was overpriced for the buffet...only one fish dish and it's suppose to be a seafood buffet? We really enjoyed Boma and liked the food and the atmosphere...I agree with the others...don't cancel Boma...reconsider Cape May...
:pirate:

Hammer
06-13-2008, 12:00 AM
As many know, I've had two mediocre meals at the Cape May Café for dinner, so you won't be getting a recommendation from me. I do think, however, you should treat yourself to more than 1 table service meal on your trip. Might I suggest you take a boat from the Wilderness Lodge to Trail's End buffet at Ft. Wilderness (it is a short walk from the boat dock)? I'm pretty sure you can still get an ADR there and it cost less than $20 for dinner (to the best of my knowledge, the price is still $17.99, non-alcoholic beverage included, for dinner).