PDA

View Full Version : Check-In at the Wilderness Lodge Villas

AvonleaCF
06-12-2008, 08:03 PM
Hi!

I'm staying at the Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge in September. I know I take the general Wilderness Lodge bus from the airport (using Magical Express), but is there a separate check-in for the Villas? Do I get off the bus and go to the Villas section, or go to the main Lodge?

Also what amenities are at the Villas? I know there is a separate pool and there's a fitness center, but are there any eateries? Or do you just walk over to the main Lodge and grab food at Roaring Forks?

And one more question (sorry!). The main bus stop is between the main Lodge and the Villas, right? I was looking at a map and the bus stop seems equidistant between the two properties, but the boat launch to the Magic Kingdom looks really far. Is it really that far or does it just look that way on the map?

Thanks! :mickey:

Pirate Granny
06-12-2008, 09:51 PM
I can't answer the check-in question...but there is no food at the Villa's you need to eat either at your room (you have kitchen facilities) or over at WL...the bus is between both the Villa's and the Lodge...but the walk over to the boats really isn't as far if you walk through your pool area around the main lodge and to the docks...it's a pretty ride and a good alternative to the bus.
I've only stayed at WL...but love the pool over at the Villas especially during the day when the children are quite loud at the main pool...actually your hot tub is larger although only one than the two at the WL...
enjoy your stay...I think it would be so peaceful to stay at the Villa's.
:pirate:

AirlineGuy07
06-12-2008, 09:58 PM
You check-in at the main lodge not the Villas. Yes the bus stop in between the main lodge and the villas which isn't far at all, nor is the boat lunch to the Magic Kingdom.

Maleficent's Dad
06-13-2008, 07:31 AM
but is there a separate check-in for the Villas? Do I get off the bus and go to the Villas section, or go to the main Lodge?
When you get off the bus, go into the main lodge building; check in is the same for villas or the regular resort.

Also what amenities are at the Villas? I know there is a separate pool and there's a fitness center, but are there any eateries? Or do you just walk over to the main Lodge and grab food at Roaring Forks?
In the villas you will find a laundry room (free of charge for those staying at the villas), the aforementioned fitness center (Sturdy Branches), and a very pleasant quiet room with some of Walt's original railroad cars (Iron Spike Room). There is no place to purchase food within the villas themselves. If you're in a 1BR or larger, you'll have a full kitchen. You are a short walk (via covered walkway) to the main building where you can purchase food items, or visit one of the three eateries.

The main bus stop is between the main Lodge and the Villas, right? I was looking at a map and the bus stop seems equidistant between the two properties, but the boat launch to the Magic Kingdom looks really far. Is it really that far or does it just look that way on the map?
One bus stop serves both villas and resort.
The walk to the boat is not bad at all - you can choose to walk entirely outside - going around the main pool area, or you can walk through the main lodge and then out towards the boat. It's not very far, but admittedly, further for those staying in the villas than it is for those in the resort.

AvonleaCF
06-14-2008, 09:20 AM
Thanks all! I was fairly certain of all the answers except for check-in; I would have definitely gone in the wrong direction.

AvonleaCF
06-14-2008, 10:13 PM
In the villas you will find a laundry room (free of charge for those staying at the villas)

I was under the impression that there'd be a washer/dryer directly in the unit (I'm staying in a one-bedroom).

Tigger&Stitch
06-15-2008, 02:34 AM
I was under the impression that there'd be a washer/dryer directly in the unit (I'm staying in a one-bedroom).

Yes - there is a washer/dryer in the one-bedroom villas.