PDA

View Full Version : Rant about work

pink
06-12-2008, 07:23 PM
I'm having a hard time lately at work. Granted I have an easy job but the people I have to deal with are impossible. Everyone talks behind each others backs and older men try to date younger girls that are barely legal and it disgusts me. There is one guy in particular who trys to boss me around when he is not even close to a manager position and commands me to do this pointless tasks just to make himself feel more important and it drives me crazy! I have another job starting in about two weeks so I'm going to be working 6 days a week, three of the days are from 8 am to 9 pm and I'm only 18. I can't stand this job anymore but I can't quit because it's my only form of income during the winter and fall months. Sorry but I just had to vent. :mad:

SandmanGStefani24
06-12-2008, 10:41 PM
boy am i glad to see someone else is miserable at work right now! i have been loving my job since i started back in jan, but we got this new loser assistant mgr who is the most condescending (adjective deleted) I have ever met. in two short weeks he has managed to make me go from loving my job to hating even thinking about being there. things were going so well and now i can't fathom being there for any length of time. at least your intercot friends can help you forget your troubles for a while. :rocks:

hang in there, and just know there are many of us who are right there with you. :beer:

pink
06-13-2008, 06:11 PM
Thank you Sandman, I think you and I are in similar boats. I used to love coming to work until about a week ago, now I dread it. I hope things get better for you. :mickey:

Kenny1113
06-13-2008, 06:42 PM
Everyone talks behind each others backs

FYI - You find this EVERYWHERE! I have worked in many different lines of work and I have seen it in all of them. It drives me crazy especially when people are friends to others to their face and then talk junk about them behind their backs.
I currently am going through training in a new position and having to work more hours a week than I am used to and not seeing my kids as often as I would like ...its killing me! I can't wait until the training is done and I can work better hours. Right now I just try to change my attitude. Think positive!

Maybe if you just keep in mind that your there to do a good job and take home a paycheck , and forget about everyone else,. Good luck to you!

DisneyOtaku
06-14-2008, 11:27 AM
Yikes, sounds similar to my job. I work in a movie theater and because I'm over the age of 18, I'm one of the few they can allow to work to closing on weekends--I was at my theater until 1:30 AM last night (got there at 5:30 PM). And now I have to be back there for noon :mad: I tried finding another job, but everyone was done hiring by the time I moved back from school.

And I hear you with the back-talking. I hear it all the time and it's really annoying -_-.

daparish
06-15-2008, 08:05 AM
It's not my job I can't stand but my boss. I previously worked for his brother for 11 years and I have had more disagreements with my current boss in a year and a half than I did with his brother in 11 years. I actually hung up on him last week. I wish I could find another job but I can't walk into another job making what I do at my present job so we are paying off as much debt as possible and hopefully one day I can quit. I know how miserable it is to go to work everyday when you are not happy. Hang in there.

Tink2002
06-15-2008, 01:48 PM
amen.... I'm on my third summer job in the last three years and at every single one it seems to me that a big problem is that the "regulars" are a bit put-off by the college kids that are there during the summer. I've found that it's almost as if certain employees try to boss you around and nit-pick at things so you don't forget that they've been there longer and are more experienced... when it only really leads to resentment. Oh well. I just try to "kill them with kindness" and think about how I really do enjoy the job apart from those types of people.

Jen C.
06-17-2008, 10:19 PM
I think it's important to try to see the positive...you have a job! So many people right now do not. It is unfortunate, but I would just try to do the job, and leave the other garbage at work. However, if someone is being harrassing in nature (people hitting on others, etc), and making you uncomfortable, you do need ot speak up to a superviser.

pink
06-19-2008, 08:22 PM
You're all right, I just had to vent though.

Tink- Your exactly right, this new girl is messing up the other receptionists and myself big time. She asked me the other day if I could cover for her every Saturday morning because every Friday night she parties so hard that she couldn't possibly make it to work until the afternoon the next day. Crazy:confused: Also, I'm going to try your "killing them with kindess" thing, sounds like a great idea.

Jen- You're right too, so many people don't have jobs today and I'm thankful to at least have one!

Daparish- I feel ya, hopefully things will get better soon for you.

DisneyOkatu- Wow, that really stinks. You shouldn't have to work that many hours just because you're older, your manager should lock up not you. By the way, I know what you mean, it's impossible to find a summer job unless you start looking in March because all the college kids take them so fast. Next time you visit home start looking before summer break, maybe that will help. Better luck next time.

Kenny- I'm sorry you're having a bad time at work too. Hopefully you're training ends soon! :mickey:

wickedwitch
06-19-2008, 09:10 PM
boy am i glad to see someone else is miserable at work right now! i have been loving my job since i started back in jan, but we got this new loser assistant mgr who is the most condescending (adjective deleted) I have ever met. in two short weeks he has managed to make me go from loving my job to hating even thinking about being there. things were going so well and now i can't fathom being there for any length of time. at least your intercot friends can help you forget your troubles for a while. :rocks:

hang in there, and just know there are many of us who are right there with you. :beer:

Wow we must work at the same place...my general manager is such a lovely woman!