PDA

View Full Version : One more ? and then I am done

nemo'smom
06-12-2008, 01:42 PM
What can I video while I am at the parks? Can I actually video the show and everything or how does that work. because if it up to me I would video everything there is

mouse-logic
06-12-2008, 01:45 PM
I was able to video pretty much everything....including the dark rides. But you can't use any video lighting.

The only time I got "shutdown" by a CM was during Stitch (I know it ***** anyway) and the HM.

SpecJoe Magic
06-12-2008, 02:52 PM
You can video anything at WDW unless Disney or common sense dictates otherwise.

RBrooksC
06-12-2008, 03:01 PM
I tried to video certain things but I found that I spent more time paying attention to the filming and not the ride or attraction. Second, in the rides, it is usually too dark to see anything without a light and a light would be too distracting to the other guests. When I tried to film some of the rides, I couldn't see a darn thing. The sound was great but the picture was basically dark.

Gator
06-12-2008, 03:15 PM
I had a CM tell me I couldn't video RockinRollerCoaster. I was suprised. Also, I couldn't video the Nemo show, but I think that's because it hadn't been officially openned.

nemo'smom
06-12-2008, 03:57 PM
Wow good I was hoping that I would be able to take my camcorder in with me. I just got one and I want to make sure I get alot from our vacation for everyone to be able to see. KWIM

KylesMom
06-12-2008, 04:15 PM
Even while looking through my viewfinder & not the open screen - and without external video lighting - I have been reprimanded many times by CMs when I've tried to tape certain attractions. They've actually come on the loudspeaker to tell me to quit videotaping PotC! Other rides include HM, RnRC, PP, Mickey's Philharmagic and Carousel of Progress. It's quite embarrassing, especially since I wasn't bothering anyone by looking through the viewfinder. They obviously don't want these attractions to be videotaped! :(

Polynesian Dweller
06-12-2008, 04:37 PM
There are usually announcements made or signs about attractions that can't be videotaped and/or photographed. Likely has to do with licensing of images and intellectual property rights. Johnny Depp likely has a contract with Disney specifying the use of his image on POTC for instance, his face is how he makes his money.

PetefromRI
06-12-2008, 05:21 PM
Now I get to rant a little.Last month my wife and I took our Grand Daughter into PlayHouse Live,which is an awesome show for the little ones.Everyone has to sit on the floor Indian style at this attraction so that the kids can see the action.Well this man in front of us decides to film the entire show and decides to get on his knees and my wife and I can't even see the show.When I tapped him on the shoulder he just gave me the face and shifted over an inch or two.He also had what I call the cell phone pose where they stick there left arm way out to the side and blocked every ones view.Listen,I'm at Disney,and the last thing I want is a confrontation with some rude SOB that only cares about himself,so I just had to let it go,but I wish that people would be a little bit more considerate of others when they filmed.
Now I can get off of my:soapbox:Box.

nemo'smom
06-12-2008, 08:01 PM
Just so you know I really hate it when people do that to me and my son so if someone taped me on the shoulder I would move out of the way or even stop what I was doing so that the other people could see

TracyL
06-12-2008, 10:32 PM
It has always been my understanding that dark rides and shows are not supposed to be videotaped. And you should never use the camera's light when it could cause a safety issue for performers or detract from other guests' experience.

I've seen a lot of people, at Disney and elsewhere, get so absorbed in taking photos or video of everything that they actually end up missing the experience itself. My advice is to videotape some choice moments of your family enjoying something, like the resort pool, a play area, or a character meet and greet, and get plenty of pictures you can use for scrapbooks or other keepsakes. Consider setting the camera aside for the rides, shows, and experiences that are (a) not unique to your own visit, and (b) really worth experiencing directly without the lens between you and them. Chances are your video of dark rides or fireworks shows won't turn out as well as you hope, and meanwhile you'll miss seeing it in person. My $0.02 - worth easily half that.... :)

Taja
06-13-2008, 03:02 PM
Now I get to rant a little.Last month my wife and I took our Grand Daughter into PlayHouse Live,which is an awesome show for the little ones.Everyone has to sit on the floor Indian style at this attraction so that the kids can see the action.Well this man in front of us decides to film the entire show and decides to get on his knees and my wife and I can't even see the show.When I tapped him on the shoulder he just gave me the face and shifted over an inch or two.He also had what I call the cell phone pose where they stick there left arm way out to the side and blocked every ones view.Listen,I'm at Disney,and the last thing I want is a confrontation with some rude SOB that only cares about himself,so I just had to let it go,but I wish that people would be a little bit more considerate of others when they filmed.

That happened to me during SpectroMagic one year. I waited for a good hour at an optimal spot so I could take some good photographs. So what happens? Some huge--at least 6'6" (have a few of those in the family, so I'm familiar with the height!) gets right next to me on the parade approach side and consistently blocks my view the entire parade. Every time I mentioned it, he would be careful for about two seconds, then stick his arm out again. *sigh*

snerd475
06-13-2008, 04:18 PM
That happened to me during SpectroMagic one year. I waited for a good hour at an optimal spot so I could take some good photographs. So what happens? Some huge--at least 6'6" (have a few of those in the family, so I'm familiar with the height!) gets right next to me on the parade approach side and consistently blocks my view the entire parade. Every time I mentioned it, he would be careful for about two seconds, then stick his arm out again. *sigh*

Happened to me during Wishes in May. We had a nice spot to the right of the Castle, and there was just a guy and his wife with a stroller in front of us. He kept getting up to take video and get something from the stroller, then take pics, and he was kinda hunching over trying to stay out of the way, to no avail, and was very apologetic when I said (I was a little cranky by now) "Can you possibly be a little MORE in the way?" - hey, I had a moment. Good thing they were nice. Still, it's irritating. SIT DOWN, EVERYBODY!

Also, the ride/show/fireworks videos really do not capture the experience as it was meant to be. It's so much better to be in the moment. You can always look them up on a video-sharing website that someone else took and missed out on the moment.

tjstrike
06-14-2008, 12:02 AM
Yeah, not a good thing to video during dark shows, even if you're not using the light, the video screen is very distracting to the people behind you. I had to get on to some guy in the little mermaid show last year for videoing.

DisneyOtaku
06-14-2008, 11:13 AM
I am a HUGE HUGE fan of taking video footage at the parks, but the only ride I actually ever videotaped was the teacups (and let me say, that's FUN to watch on tape with all the spinning :sick: lol). If I want to get more of an attraction, I'll get us standing in the line. Like RnRC, I'll get someone else's launch sequence through the fence. That way, you can enjoy the ride AND get some video footage.

As for shows, I only really get video footage of Beauty and the Beast because that's my favorite.

gerald72
06-14-2008, 06:28 PM

Can you still say Indian-style? Isn't that offensive to native americans? I got this from another website of offensive terms:
'Indian Style'
I often hear teachers use this term when
telling their young students to sit cross
legged. Native people did not invent
the cross legged sitting style, so the next
time you tell your students to sit cross
legged, just say "criss-cross applesauce"!

PetefromRI
06-15-2008, 09:14 PM
It's actually not taken from native American Indians but from people from India,as in snake charmers,that's the way they sit.