PDA

View Full Version : Had to laugh at my co-worker...

DisneyDog
06-12-2008, 11:09 AM
My co-worker is taking her family of 5 to Disney. They are leaving today, as a matter of fact. I've been helping her plan her trip, although she doesn't seem to be much of a planner.

Yesterday I was double checking with her about last minute stuff. I asked her what kind of shoes she was bringing. She said she just bought new sneakers. I started laughing and said "you are bringing brand new shoes to Disney? You do realize your feet are gonna hurt, right?" And she said "yeah, but they are really cute!" OMG! I gave her a look and pretty much ordered her to go straight to Walgreens and pick up a package of moleskin and pre-cut the stuff. I hope she listened!

At Disney, I just don't care how cute my shoes are. They just better be super comfy!

Hair_Razor
06-12-2008, 11:12 AM
Cute :rotfl: Like I wear Crocs cause their cute.

elmjimmlm
06-12-2008, 11:46 AM
How cute will they look with her limping around the parks with blisters all over her feet?:blush:

BMan62
06-12-2008, 12:03 PM
My DW's sister did almost the same thing for our trip in 2005. She got a brand new pair of sneakers, but ones that she had been comfortable around home in. Never thought to wear them for a few days (weeks?) prior to the trip to break them in. She had blisters the first day and was uncomfortable walking the entire week.

dolphinmickey9170
06-12-2008, 12:30 PM
I must be one of a rare breed. I can purchase a brand new pair of Nike sneakers, put them in my suitcase and not wear them until I arrive in WDW. I have never had a blister from them, so I guess I must just be lucky. However, I do swap and wear my sneakers one day and my crocs another.

I must admit though, I wear my crocs all the time in the parks now. The sneaker thing was a few years ago. I wear my crocs at work everyday as well, I have two pair, one for work, one for WDW!!:blush:

dizneynut
06-12-2008, 12:44 PM
Yikes! Wearing new shoes scares me...a few years and trips ago, I had taken a pair of sneakers that I had worn for weeks before the trip. The first day I had a blister so bad it bled through the sneaker. I knew it hurt but didn't realize it was bleeding until my youngest daughter asked me what was on the back of my white sneaker.
Of course as soon as I saw it,it began to hurt even more.:blush::crying:
The entire rest of the trip I had to keep it covered with neosporin and a bandaid. It hurt to walk but I was determined to have fun and not let the blister win. :nope:

That was the first and last time that has happened, but it makes me very cautious!!

I hope your coworker takes you advice and at least takes supplies for blisters! If not, there is always the first aid stations.

Gail

pink
06-12-2008, 07:49 PM
Wow, someone sounds like a Disney newbee. If she didn't listen to you she will have learned her lesson sooner or later. :mickey:

LauraleeH
06-13-2008, 12:09 PM
Even old sneakers can be a pain at Disney. I always wear flip-flops now (And not new ones!).

A couple years ago, I went with my youth group to Night Of Joy and Fort Wilderness. The first night, we decided to walk to the bus stop and go to the Boardwalk. I was wearing my everyday white sneakers (Skechers) and I could feel a blister coming. When we got on a bus to go to Downtown Disney for ice-cream, I noticed blood all over them, so I took them off and my white socks were soaked through. I still have scars on the back of my feet/ankle. Never again.

Tygger7
06-13-2008, 12:16 PM
I have two words of wisdom: Blister Stick

On every trip, I've had problems with blisters...on my heels, on my toes, and even on the bottom of my feet. After hearing about blister sticks here on Intercot, I decided to give it a try. Best decision EVER!!! This was the first time I did not have even one blister. My DH didn't start using the blister stick until after he had blisters, but it was still a life saver and kept them from getting any worse.

BTW, I can't imagine going to WDW with brand new shoes...I don't care how cute they are, they won't be cute if I can't walk after 2 days. :mickey:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-14-2008, 12:55 AM
What's blister sticks? I've never even heard of this.
And wearing brand new shoes anywhere for the first time, I make sure I have a back up pair of shoes with me.
I hope your friend still enjoys her trip.

LauraleeH
06-14-2008, 02:13 AM
I must have really sensitive feet or something. The blister stick never worked for me...but it has worked for my family. I think they need to sell it at Disney if they don't already. I've never seen it, though.

mouseketeer mom
06-14-2008, 08:47 AM
I have the ugliest sneakers. I purchased them 5 years ago for a Disney trip. They are these Nike walker shoes, but they are not these super cute delicate sneakers. They are like boats. Wide and big and I wear them to Disney only pretty much because I can wear them all day without a problem. I save my cute sneaks for home.
I have also worn flip flops to the parks. I know people are against this, but I have never had a problem walking. The problem comes in crowds. I get worried about someone stepping on my feet.
I have not tried crocs., but I do think they look cute. Where do I even get them? Maybe I should get a pair for August. They'd be cooler then my massive sneakers, and safer then my flip flops!

Ian
06-14-2008, 02:31 PM
I must be one of a rare breed. I can purchase a brand new pair of Nike sneakers, put them in my suitcase and not wear them until I arrive in WDW.I'm the same way. I bought a brand new pair of New Balance the day before we left for WDW in May and wore them with no problem.

You can make fun of me if you want to, but there's no way I'd ever wear ugly shoes just because they're "comfy." I own enough pairs of nice looking shoes that don't bother my feet that there's no reason for me to stoop to being seen in public in Crocs or anything like that.

I don't care how comfortable Crocs are. They're the ugliest footwear known to man. I'd rather have blisters. :ack:

Another tip I picked up here that might allow some folks to toss those ugly Crocs ... switch shoes. A lot of times I wear sneakers in the morning and then sandals or flip-flops in the afternoon. I've also switched between different pairs of sneakers and that works, too.

Varying the shoes helps prevent the same spots from rubbing on your feet all day long. Since I've been doing this, I've never had any significant blister or foot pain issues.