PDA

View Full Version : Spoodles or (your suggestion)?

AmBo
06-12-2008, 10:40 AM
I've never stayed at the Boardwalk so for one of our dinners I have an ADR for Spoodles. However, due to the close proximity to Epcot, I'm thinking maybe of just doing a dinner there?

We will already have eaten at Tutto and San Angel and Le Cellier is booked for the entire week :(

Anyone else have any great suggestions? It'll be for me and my girlfriend. :cool:

Thanks!!

AmBo
06-12-2008, 10:49 AM
Maybe Coral Reef? I've read so many mixed reviews on this though... hmmmm why is dining like the most important part of my vacation hahah :blush:

Advnt05
06-12-2008, 11:09 AM
Spoodles has always been hit or miss for me. Last week, it was pretty good so it worked out. I've heard the Flying Fish cafe is good but have not eaten there. There is also a microbrew burger place on the Boardwalk that is good for a lunch or so. If you want a cheap breakfast, walk on over to the Dolphin and check out Tubby's Buffeteria. Not fancy but you can get in and out fast.
Overall, I still prefer the Epcot places if you are going into the park. If you have a park hopper, you are also within walking distance (or boat) to Hollywood studios so those places are an option (Brown Derby, Mama Melrose). Don't forget, if you have time on your hands, you can take a bus from Boardwalk to the Transportation center and hit up any of the restaurants at the Animal Kingdom Lodge (Boma), or any of the other hotels (Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Contemporary).

I love eating.

AmBo
06-12-2008, 11:21 AM
Thanks for the tips!!!

I loooove eating too! We're actually going to be on the DDP so I'm trying to stay within the DDP restaurants. Flying Fish uses 2 credits so that's a no go :(

So far I've two ADRs for Spoodles and Wolfgang Puck Cafe. I don't know which to choose now!! :confused: hahah

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
06-12-2008, 11:24 AM
I agree the food inside Epcot is hard to beat. I would try Coral Reef or Teppan Edo. If you wanted to leave you could also try the clam bake at Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club.

AmBo
06-12-2008, 11:46 AM
I love Teppan Edo, but it wouldn't be very personal for just me and the girlfriend. We'd be sat with a group and my luck, someone annoying hahah

I'm limited to Epcot, Boardwalk or DTD at the moment. Corral Reef is an option...

But of Spoodles or WGP, what's everyone's choice here?

Advnt05
06-12-2008, 02:03 PM
I haven't been to Wolfgang Puck's place. It's hard to be the convenience of Spoodles since you are on boardwalk. If you are tired at the end of the day, you can walk right up from where you are staying. Enjoy the candy shop next door after your meal. I love the sour cherry balls but always seem to pay $100 for a small bag.

Natazu
06-12-2008, 05:01 PM
First of all, there is nothing wrong with dining being the most important part of your trip.

The best restaurant in the area is Flying Fish by far, but that's out, so the runner-ups are Marrakesh, Le Cellier, & Coral Reef. Truth is, if you haven't tried Marrakesh, that's the place to go (as long as your girlfriend won't be insulted by the belly dancer).

On your original question, Spoodle's is good, certainly not a bad choice. They have great appetizers and desserts but they've taken off the sirloin in favor of kabobs... big misteak. (get it, misteak... the jokes don't get any better folks) The only truly great entrée they have now is the Cornish Game Hen. The Snapper is pretty good. Frankly, I'm surprised they have the audacity to serve any kind or snapper next door to Flying Fish. I mean that's brave.

AmBo
06-12-2008, 07:10 PM
Thank you so much for your input! I'm going to run Marrakesh by her. I've eaten there a few times! Loooved it! Le Cellier and Coral are all booked :(

Tigerinvestigator
06-13-2008, 12:28 AM
Marrakesh is my DW's favorite!:thumbsup:

brownie
06-13-2008, 09:16 AM
We had a good dinner at Spoodles when we ate there. I'd like to go back again, so I think it's a good choice. The Coral Reef or Rose & Crown would be some options inside Epcot.

AmBo
06-13-2008, 01:39 PM
Never been to the Rose and Crown...hmmmm...menu looks a tad "bland"?

alex61821
06-13-2008, 01:57 PM
the pub for illuminations is the way to go. the food was excellent and then when it was time for illuminations we moved down to an area by the water and watched the show with a great view. when we went back to our table we had dessert and lounged until the crowd cleared out, couldnt have been better.

Cathy S
06-14-2008, 02:59 PM
Why is Flying Fish a no go? It is well worth the 2 ts you have to spend just for the experience of eating there. The Coral Reef is also a Signature Dining expierence and IMHO comes no where close fo the FF. You could easily grab a OOP meal and use those 2 ts credits to try this super classy restaurant. If you like seafood this is the place.

Natazu
06-15-2008, 12:58 AM
Why is Flying Fish a no go? It is well worth the 2 ts you have to spend just for the experience of eating there. The Coral Reef is also a Signature Dining expierence and IMHO comes no where close fo the FF. You could easily grab a OOP meal and use those 2 ts credits to try this super classy restaurant. If you like seafood this is the place.
Coral Reef has changed to non-signature and is only 1TS credit now.

HeidiGW
06-15-2008, 09:18 PM
we have always managed to pass on Spoodles in the past, but went over Christmas. We are very fussy at times and it was our best meal of the trip!!!
I don't even like Greek-type salads and theirs was to die for. Everything was really good.