PDA

View Full Version : Bistro de Paris

LaurenNJ
06-12-2008, 10:38 AM
I have made an ADR for 4 adults at Bistro de Paris for our upcoming 9/08 F&WF trip. Having eaten at Chefs de France several times in the past I was wondering what the main differences were between the two restaurants, if any? Which do you prefer?

Scar
06-12-2008, 12:59 PM
I've never eaten at Chef's but I can tell you that the Bistro is best dinning experience I've had at WDW, and possibly ever. The food was great, the service was better than great, and the check reflected it.

KineGirl
06-12-2008, 01:05 PM
I def prefer Bistro over Chefs - not that Chefs isnt good but I have to agree with the PP that the Bistro is an amazing dining experience with fantastic food. The atmosphere is quieter & more elegant. The service top notch. The food more French. There are usually no children also. It can be expensive but the times Ive eaten there I have never regretted it. It used to be my favorite before Jikos came along. Now that Im thinking about it - it might be a tie between to the two. ;)

LaurenNJ
06-12-2008, 03:26 PM
Well, that is excellent news. Thank you both for taking the time to respond. I am getting very excited for Sept.

StillSimbaGirl
06-12-2008, 03:49 PM
I love the Bistro - ate there twice last time (left DD at the kids club). The restaurant is NOT on the Dining Plan, which frankly was a huge draw for me - cuts down on the masses during free dining. There's a steak dish that comes with the most amazing potatoes EVER!!! Bon apetit!

busterthebronco
06-12-2008, 06:23 PM
the bistro has stuff on fire!
now thats kewl!!:cool:

Pirate Granny
06-12-2008, 10:23 PM
Can I use my Disney Dining Experience Card there? I'm waiting for my 30 day window to book...
Just checking as Yak & Yeti were on the dining plan, but you couldn't use DDE there...

:pirate:

TheRustyScupper
06-13-2008, 12:18 AM
1) We eat at ONLY five restaurants in WDW.
2) Bistro is one of them.
3) You will like the experience
. . . subdued atmosphere
. . . usually children-free, since no kid's menus
. . . they don't take DDP, so the clientèle is different
. . . very typical French service
. . . excellent cuisine

NOTE: It is really nice to enjoy a pretty much Adult Dining Experience in WDW. We are particular in picking our dining, and want good value for our money. Bistro gives this to us.

mouseketeer mom
06-13-2008, 06:38 AM
Why no kids? Kids go to Jiko, Cali Grill, etc..? Is this the only TS that won't have kids in the establishment?

Advnt05
06-13-2008, 07:12 AM
I think that kids are welcome. Families usually don't take them to Bistro due to them not having a kid's menu. A lot of families won't pay the adult price for a kid's meal.

DisneyCouture
06-13-2008, 08:17 AM
Bistro is one of our favorite restaurants. I have been to France and the cuisine and service are very much alike. French cuisine is a fave and hopefully you are willing to try some of their exotic entrees. Enjoy!

LaurenNJ
06-13-2008, 02:11 PM
Thanks so much everyone for all your reply's. I'm excited now to eat at Bistro de Paris. My husband and I meet his best friend and his wife in Disney for the Food & Wine Festival. For four adults in our mid and late 30's, who don't have children yet, it's nice to find some more adult dining experiences. We tend to make late ADR's for that reason. We don't do the DDP, don't know too much about it. It seems to be geared more towards families with children. If we were travelling with kids I'm sure it would make more sense for us. Hopefully someday. :-)

Jared
06-13-2008, 02:32 PM
Why no kids? Kids go to Jiko, Cali Grill, etc..? Is this the only TS that won't have kids in the establishment?
Bistro de Paris has no children's menu, which scares away most families, especially considering Les Chefs de France downstairs is very accommodating for kids.

Bistro de Paris is one of the most elegant and quality restaurants in Disney, and it's perfect for couples looking for a romantic dinner. I think you will leave with a new favorite restaurant in the France pavilion of World Showcase.

:tasty:

SBETigg
06-13-2008, 03:45 PM
Bistro is more traditional French fare, old-school specialties, interesting sauces, excellent fine dining.

Chefs is more casual, family-oriented, with emphasis on a more nouveau style cuisine, lighter sauces, emphasis on bringing out the taste of fresh ingredients. Both are good, but Bistro is the more special of the dining experiences