PDA

View Full Version : Finding Nemo Musical?

tink03
06-12-2008, 08:53 AM
For my past couple of trips I missed out on the Finding Nemo Musical and I really want to see it. Does anyone know what time I should actually arrive at Animal Kingdom to catch this, last year I saw a sign that read please line up 1 hour prior to the show?

Sept 08 POR
Sept 07 CBR
June 06 POR
June 04 CBR
June 85 offsite

CaptainJessicaSparrow
06-12-2008, 10:07 AM
I've never shown up more than 15-20 minutes before the show and gotten decent seats. But I am only one person.

I prefer not being right up front in the Orchestra area. I like being in the second level, where the performers come out.

mickeys_princess_mom
06-12-2008, 10:30 AM
For my past couple of trips I missed out on the Finding Nemo Musical and I really want to see it.
We thought we had "missed out" too, and then we went......Didn't love it. Won't do it again.
:twocents::down:

NotaGeek
06-12-2008, 10:56 AM
We thought we had "missed out" too, and then we went......Didn't love it. Won't do it again.

Well, it's clear Disney can't please everyone. :offtopic:

Since this thread isn't intended to give our personal critiques, I will try to stay on topic! The show is AMAZING ... and a true feat for Disney to put so much in a short Park production in a great smaller venue. Me and my group showed up between 15-30 minutes early (on multiple occasions) and got great seats. Do try to get the 2nd level as close to the front/middle as possible. You will love it!

Disney Doll
06-12-2008, 01:49 PM

:jaw: Really? Different strokes for different folks I guess, but I LOVED the Nemo show. In fact I thought it was one of the best shows in WDW. I definitely recommend that you try it for yourself. The show is set up in such a way that you don't have to be first in the door to get a good seat. We sat in the second level and had a great view. People do line up early, but I wouldn't wait in line more than 30 minutes because you'll still have a good seat.

SpaceMtn101
06-12-2008, 01:59 PM
when u line up is depending on how busy the park is ...my bf used to work nemo musical and on a really busy day if you didnt show up at least 45 min to an hour before you wouldnt get in for that show. They also stop letting people in about 5 min before the show starts and only let in if there are seats in one area ... it really depends on the crowds

andreallybadeggs
06-12-2008, 04:37 PM
We were there on a pretty busy day so we took snacks and got in line earlier than we had planned. We didn't line up for an hour...think about 40 minutes but our seats were fine and lots of people there well after us got in too. DH wasn't overwhelmed but DD and I loved the show. If you are Nemo fans, you'll like it.

Disneyexpert15
06-12-2008, 04:40 PM
I saw this my most recent trip in late May and early June 2007. It was a pretty busy day. It was hot outside too. Thank goodness I had a water bottle in line with me. ;)
When i went inside the theatre the fans were on which was a good thing. :mickey:

LudwigVonDrake
06-12-2008, 05:11 PM
Last July I waited about 15 minutes and was pleasantly surprised with the show. I will go back and see it again! :thumbsup:

joanna71985
06-12-2008, 06:24 PM
I absolutely LOVE Finding Nemo (it is tied with FOTLK for my favorite shows on property). It is really good. My favorite spot to watch is in the lower-right corner (I like being close to the stage).

AllDisney
06-12-2008, 07:45 PM
We LOVE this show. We usually show up 30 minutes early and have always had great seats:thumbsup:

mickeys_princess_mom
06-12-2008, 08:50 PM
:tiptoe:
Didn't mean to ruffle so many fins! I stand corrected as far as getting off topic. Sorry--it just kind of spilled out of me, and I gave that no thought. Seems to be going on in some other posts here (opinions..)
Let's try again. We pretty much walked up just as they were starting to seat for the Nemo show, so our waiting was inside, which was hot, but at least we were sitting instead of standing outside waiting for the-show-which-didn't-happen-to-be-my-cup-of-tea-or-DD's-because-because-I'm-not-a-puppet-girl-even-though-I-generally-love-musicals-and-am-a-big-fan-of-the-movie-and-the-ride. Whew!
Perhaps parents with little ones would want to bring something to entertain them during the wait even once you're inside....
Just keep swimming...

Mammabruski
06-12-2008, 09:31 PM
We'll be going in November with a group of 10 adults and two toddlers. . . can one or two people wait in line while the others do something else, or is this frowned upon?

mickeys_princess_mom
06-12-2008, 10:05 PM
We'll be going in November with a group of 10 adults and two toddlers. . . can one or two people wait in line while the others do something else, or is this frowned upon?
I don't know if there are any official rules on this, but you may encounter "a lack of enthusiasm" from others who are waiting in line. :mickey:

Young@Heart
06-13-2008, 12:00 AM

In general, this is not a good idea for any ride/attraction/show at WDW. We often send a runner for FP's at one ride and head off to another to get in line, but we never actually get in line until the runner is back w/ the group. Until then, we wait off to the side. It's not fair for all the people who had everyone in their group there when they arrived at the attraction.

Of course, if DD (who is only 5) was in a line for almost an hour and needed a potty break, I would excuse us and politely tell the people behind us that DD and I needed to leave for an emergency and DH and DS's were going to hold our spots. :thumbsup:

tjstrike
06-13-2008, 03:26 AM
I thought the show was awesome. We were the first row in the upper section, perfect seats for the performers coming out. We went in Feb. and there was no line at all.

Mary M
06-13-2008, 10:08 AM
the-show-which-didn't-happen-to-be-my-cup-of-tea-or-DD's-because-because-I'm-not-a-puppet-girl-
even-though-I-generally-love-musicals-and-am-a-
big-fan-of-the-movie-and-the-ride.

:funny: Hee!

:drama: Yes, you're not allowed to not like things that the rest of us like. Please remember for the future. ;)

joanna71985
06-13-2008, 06:17 PM

Oh this will definitely be more then frowned upon. It's not right at all.

italiangrl.08
06-13-2008, 06:55 PM
You definitely don't need to be there an hour before, just see what time it starts and then head in that direction about 20 till!

Hate to be a bit :offtopic:, but sorry mickeys_princess_mom, i loved the show, it was very cute, especially for little ones, no not Broadway material but hey, your in Disney if the kids are happy you should be too. right!
:mickey:

tys_mommy
06-16-2008, 12:59 PM
When we go back in August this show is my one must do for AK. We saw it in April and I loved it - the kids loved it too - hubby isn't impressed by basically anything so he was his normal neutral self. We didn't wait in line at all. As we were walking through to go to EE we saw they were letting people in the theater so we jumped in line and had no problem at all securing seats for our family of 5 - in fact we actually got to move closer before they shut the door.

Imagineer1981
06-16-2008, 02:18 PM
we had to stand in the very back once because we got there too late. The next time we arrived 45 minutes early and had some of the best seats

chrisb26
06-16-2008, 02:25 PM
I have seen the show a couple times and really like it.

Its very strange the way the theater sometimes fills up and others it seems not to fill up fast. I think it might depend on the time of year you go but from your signature it looks like September so you should be fine.

We arrived about 45 minutes before the show last trip and got great seats although people were coming in 15 minutes before and still got good seats. However the trip before that we had to sit in the very last row and had come in about 20 minutes before the show.

So maybe it more depends on which viewing of the show you go to that has less people.

FenwayGirl
06-17-2008, 03:25 PM
We go first thing in the morning while everyone else is lining up for EE. EE is just over the bridge, so you can send someone for Fast passes while you wait for the show. We loved it!

TinkerbellT421
06-17-2008, 03:39 PM
Well, DBF and I have only been once (AND LOVED IT!!! So Worth it, one of my favs besides the Flights of Wonder show), but we arrived about twenty minutes (thats pushing it too it might have been 15) and we got great seats, we were first row actually...Though now that I think about it, second level would have been better (with the characters coming out and stuff, we are going to have to aim towards that for the next time) but we could have sat anywhere because there were plenty of empty seats (This was during the second week of January when its the "off-season" for Disney) it wasnt until about five minutes before the show till it was PACKED with people. I wonder if the "time of the year" like peak and off-peak times are considerable in time frames of when people can arrive there and be able to sit anywhere. We didnt go until I think it was the 1:20pm show....