PDA

View Full Version : Cutting it to close ???

buzz638
06-12-2008, 08:38 AM
We are arriving at DW on dec.6 late afternoon,and we have a dinner reservation at San Angel inn for 7:00pm.
Then want to watch Illuminations, schedule at 9:30 that night.
With all your experiences,is it enough time to appriciate the meal, and still get a good viewing spot :confused:

Thank you for your help :thumbsup:

Buzz

WorldTraveler
06-12-2008, 08:57 AM
No problem.

I would tell you my favorite viewing place accross from the American Adventure with your back to Spaceship Earth. Go around the planter and you will find the ground sloped towards the water. Even if it looks crowded, go through to the middle and stay back towards the planter. When Illuminations starts, everyone stands up and have a tendence to move foward. If you stay back, you will have great viewing even for small children without needing to be picked up. But I can't because then everyone might know.

But if I could tell you, I would point out that it is very close to Mexico giving you ample time for your plans.

mickeys_princess_mom
06-12-2008, 10:22 AM
You'll be fine. Even if you stay in Mexico, or near the "bridge", you'll still have a great spot. And when the crowd starts to flow out at the end, you have a head start.:thumbsup:

buzz638
06-12-2008, 10:25 AM
Thank you for your feedback :thumbsup:

Buzz

ThanxForNoticin
06-12-2008, 12:34 PM
I agree that you should be fine for time. Typically, that time of December is a little lighter for crowds, too, so the mob of people there for Illuminations should probably be smaller. Have a great trip.