PDA

View Full Version : 1900 Park Fare Breakfast Review

#1disneyfan
06-11-2008, 07:34 PM
We had ressies for here on our last day for the Character Breakfast and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised.

Originally I had been trying for Chef Mickey's or O'Hana's for breakfast but was unable to secure reservations. This was the only availability outside of the parks. We took an 11am ressie which worked out perfectly for us.

There was carved ham, omelet station, hot and cold cereals, eggs, bacon, sausage, fresh fruit, assorted pastries, pancakes, waffles, french toast, eggs benedict, bread pudding, yogurt and toppings, and even ice cream. I know that I am missing some items, but there was tons of food and all fresh and tasty.

The characters included, Pooh and Tigger, Alice in Wonderland, Mad Hatter, and Mary Poppins.

We even celebrated my nephew's birthday there and Mary Poppins sang him a little song.

Overall the food was of high quality and the wait staff and characters were great.

Gator
06-11-2008, 08:14 PM
I'm so glad to read this. My DD loves Mary Poppins, and so we decided to go to ParkFaire. I hadn't heard anything about this. The only experience people shared was the dinner there (because Cinderella is there). I just reserved my spot there for December, and I can't wait. It sounds like it will be a lot of fun.

tinksmom02
06-11-2008, 08:59 PM
We were there in jan 07 and really enjoyed it. It was the best breakfast we had from that trip...and the characters seemed to be especially attentive.

Actually, we liked the breakfast there better than the dinner.

Niecyboo
06-12-2008, 08:40 AM
This is my favorite breakfast in all WDW! The food just seems to be a step above other breakfasts. My absolute favorite is the strawberry soup, and last time we were there, they had something called Lobster Eggs Benedict. Not something you would see on your average breakfast buffet.

I also love the character interaction here. The Mad Hatter is hilarious, and unlike any other character. And the mix works well for both boys and girls. That being said, even if the characters weren't there, I'd probably go for the food.

Mickey'sGirl
06-12-2008, 09:00 AM
That's terrific. We ate there in October and it was one of the highlights of our holiday. Great food and terrific character interaction. We also ate late and got lots of special attention from the characters. Thanks for sharing.

Nurse Kim
06-12-2008, 12:35 PM
We were there in jan 07 and really enjoyed it. It was the best breakfast we had from that trip...and the characters seemed to be especially attentive.

Actually, we liked the breakfast there better than the dinner.

I am glad to hear this because we were thinking of doing breakfaste here but we weren't impressed with the dinner either.

Disneyexpert15
06-12-2008, 05:14 PM
When I went to the character breakast here Pooh, Tigger, Alice, Mad Hatter, and Mary Poppins were there. That was so cool!!! I really liked the breakfast buffet:)

Figment52
06-13-2008, 10:25 AM
We were very pleased with the breakfast here as well, though it was *quite* some time ago. DD has always been a huge Mary Poppins fan, so for her 18th birthday, I booked it.

I remember the food being excellent, and since this was way before the DDP, it wasn't overly crowed. I remember the characters came over quite a bit - especially Alice. In fact, we had a pretty lengthy conversation with her, as she'd already been to all the tables with small children more than once.

Glad to see it hasn't changed much in the 10+ years since we've been. Maybe we'll book it for this trip, too :mickey:

Marilyn Michetti
06-13-2008, 11:04 AM
1900 is one of our "must do's" for breakfast. DH especially likes it that the characters actually talk, and if it's a little slow, they will share REAL information - not just their script.
Last trip, DH and Mad Hatter had a brief conversation about the care of the landscaping. It was obvious that MH was very knowledgable, and it's one of DH's passions.

NEAT !:)

Figment52
06-13-2008, 11:21 AM
DH especially likes it that the characters actually talk, and if it's a little slow, they will share REAL information - not just their script.

Yes exactly! DD and I were talking to Alice about her costume, especially her hair. I believe we also got to talking about her real age. It was funny because at first she said "why, I'm 12 years old, of course!" with a cheeky smile, or however old Alice is supposed to be. Though not really near a table with little kids, we did hush our voices in case. Would hate to ruin the magic for the kiddies!

TBY2225
06-13-2008, 02:37 PM
Thanks for the review. We will be eating there for the first time in September!

jonahbear2006
06-13-2008, 08:16 PM
we loved park fare. we went in feb 08 after I researched all the menus in "the world" thoroughly and Royal table was our only sad meal. This, however, was one of our favorites. The mad hatter and Alice are a wonderful addition to their motley of characters in "the world." They are very refreshing and lively. Mary Poppins is a fantastic actress and does her job "quite well, If I do say." hee hee. she was very tender with my boy, who is very shy of the pretty ladies in wdw. The array of food was why we made this selection. Some of the buffets are same cost or close to it and have a much smaller variety of foods.

longing4magic
06-15-2008, 12:25 PM
So happy hear the good reviews. We are eating breakfast here with our 3 yr old daughter while her brother attends the pirate adventure.