PDA

View Full Version : Tournament of Attractions!: MK Quarter-final: Big Thunder Mtn. VS Peter Pan's Flight

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
06-11-2008, 07:01 PM
HOWDY FOLKS! From a quarter-final match that made the difference of ONE vote, to the next where an attraction only HAD ONE vote, good evening and welcome back to the Tournament of Attractions! here on the Intercot Theme Park Forum. Let's move along for our third stop in The Magic Kingdom!

TO RECAP:

Epcot quarter-finals:

Spaceship Earth rolled over Mission: Space
Soarin' fly high above Ellen's Energy Adventure
American Adventure narrowly got by The Seas with Nemo & Friends
(1 quarter-final match remains)

DHS quarter-finals:
Rockin' RollerCoaster drove circles around the Great Movie Ride
Star Tours blasted the Back Lot Tour feat. Catastrophe Canyon
Voyage of the Little Mermaid sent Playhouse Disney for a refurbishment!
(1 quarter-final match remains)

MK quarter-finals:

The Haunted Mansion creeped out Space Mountain
Splash Mountain flooded the Country Bear Jamboree
(1 quarter-final match remains after this poll)

AK quarter-finals:

Expedition Everest dried up Kali River Rapids
It's Tough To Be A Bug squashed Dinosaur
(2 quarter-final matches remains)

UP NEXT:

This is bound to be a good one, as both attractions are dubbed as classics, though one is clearly more of a thrillride than the other. Do Peter Pan and Tink have what it takes to collapse a mountain? Does the mountain have enough support to stay standing? We're about to find out as Peter Pan's Flight takes on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad!

WHAT TO DO:

Vote for which attraction you enjoy more.

The next poll will be posted when this one gets moved to the second page of this forum.

Happy voting and what ever you may be doing tonight...may all your dreams come true!

Chris :hatter:

barnaby
06-11-2008, 07:06 PM
Tough one.
But to me, Peter Pan embodies WDW - never growing up.

dfamasb
06-11-2008, 07:08 PM
BTM, I remember riding it my first trip to WDW and it remains one of my very favorite rides.

Polynesian Dweller
06-11-2008, 07:25 PM
BTMR is always a must do:thumbsup:

Eric87
06-11-2008, 08:48 PM
I chose Peter Pan, but BTM is tough to beat in the evening :mickey:

snerd475
06-11-2008, 09:01 PM
Ooh, tough one! I had to go with Peter Pan, though, 'cause it gets me choked up every time.

You can fly, you can fly, you can fly, you can fly!
:tink:

RBrooksC
06-11-2008, 09:33 PM
I would have to say Peter Pan's Flight. That is a classic I remember from 1976.

KineGirl
06-11-2008, 10:13 PM
I LOVE Peter Pan!! I love everything about this rideventure! - the scenes, the flying pirate ships, the music ... cloud9:

Mad About Mickey
06-11-2008, 10:48 PM
Wow, this was a tough pick, as much as I enjoy BTMR:train:, I have a nostalgic love of PPF :peter:.

beksy
06-12-2008, 12:54 AM
Wow, two of my all-time favorites and on my to-be-repeated-as-often-as-possible list! I love them both equally but went with BTMRR. It was my sister's first roller coaster and still her favorite. She could ride it all day (and probably would if I didn't drag her away!) so in this one I went with her favorite.

Dragongirlx
06-12-2008, 03:52 AM
this was really hard as I really like BTMR but I had to go with Peter Pans Flight because it is just so magical

RAIDER
06-12-2008, 03:59 AM
Big Thunder is one of my all time favourites :thumbsup:

BritCody
06-12-2008, 06:59 AM
This one is really tough, but I have to go with Peter Pan

avantgardeinker
06-12-2008, 10:08 AM
I had to go with Peter Pan's Flight on this one. I love BTMR, but I love the idea of being inside the story or Peter Pan even more.

:mickey:

laward32
06-12-2008, 10:15 AM
This one is way too tough. I had to think about it for a while. I love BTMRR and so do my two DD's. But PP is a classic and we love the movie, we watch it all the time. I had to go with PP for the nostalgia factor. I hate having to choose between the two.:mickey:

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
06-12-2008, 10:41 AM
Can I vote twice? This is probably been the toughest of all them so far. I went with PP but changed my mind back and forth about 100 times. I can't imagine going to DW and not riding both os these rides. Must do's!

DDuck66
06-12-2008, 10:42 AM
While I have always enjoyed BTMR, I think PPF is such a classic that I just had to put my faith and trust in pixie dust. Vote for Peter!!!

NYCGirl2582
06-12-2008, 11:09 AM
Peter Pan's Flight

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
06-12-2008, 11:52 AM
I hate having to choose between the two.:mickey:

Just wait until we get to the semi-finals, and even the regional finals!

I agree, this was a tough one for a quarter-final match.

Chris :hatter:

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-12-2008, 12:13 PM
I had to choose Peter Pan, there is something so magical about that ride, and it is DD's favourite :thumbsup:

bruin1344
06-12-2008, 01:07 PM
Thunder Mountain is great rollercoaster plus I like the theming

Peter Pan is a good classic ride and my favorite in fantasyland but not as good as thunder mountain

mouselover93
06-12-2008, 05:57 PM
i picked peter pans flight because i think it's all of walt idea in one area.one of those ideas are that everyone has 1 area that they can stay a child forever :magic::pixie::tink: ( i like going crazy with the smiles and stuff )

GrmGrninGost
06-12-2008, 06:10 PM
Two of the best rides at MK! :tink: I had to go with PPF, soaring over the city of London is one of the high lights of a WDW visit!

Bobby T
06-12-2008, 11:05 PM
I knew this was going to be a close one before I voted...(I chose Peter Pan btw) and then I see the results. 40-39 BTMR.

iheartfigment
06-13-2008, 01:08 PM
It was extremly hard to choose between the two, but I picked Peter Pan 'cause there's something exciting about flying over Neverland in your own ship.