PDA

View Full Version : What is in the kitchen?

chefmickey3
06-11-2008, 05:59 PM
Newbie here wants to know what cooking supplies are in the kitchen in a 1 bedroom? Also, are there any small appliances (i.e. toaster/microwave)? Trying to plan what we can make in the room and what won't work. Thanks for your help! :mickey:

wendy*darling
06-11-2008, 06:50 PM
In the VWL, this is straight from the DVC website:

Kitchen:

Refrigerator
Electric stove/oven
Microwave oven
Sink with disposal
Coffee maker and starter pack
Toaster
Electric blender
Dishware, glasses, coffee cups and flatware service for eight (service for 12 in three-bedroom Vacation Homes)
Serving platter, vegetable bowls, salad serving bowl, sugar bowl, pitcher and cream server
Eight-piece cookware set (pots, pans and lids)
Casserole dishes, measuring cups and spoons, colander, cutting board and cookie sheet
Paring knife, cook's knife, tongs, serving spoon, serving fork, can opener, bottle opener and corkscrew
Teakettle
Dish towel
Sponge
Potholders
You can get a list of everything in each room of the various Villas right on the DVC site.

TracyL
07-18-2008, 11:17 AM
What about consumables, like paper towels or napkins, coffee filters, salt/pepper/sugar packets, or anything else like that? I would not expect a whole lot of that sort of thing, but I've never stayed in a villa before (not a DVC member, just staying in a villa to accommodate our huge group this time) and want to make sure I cover all the bases without duplicating effort.

thumperbug
07-20-2008, 08:19 PM
There is a roll of paper towels as well as a few dishtowls and scruber/sponge to clean pots. There is a coffee maker along with the standard hotel coffee kits with the coffee in the filters and powdered milk.

No salt, pepper, sugar....we only stay at villas so from experience we usually bring our own napkins, some antibacterial counter wipes, and you can usually get salt, pepper, etc at the counter service food area at the resort.