PDA

View Full Version : V&A Chef's Table

LaurenNJ
06-11-2008, 03:29 PM
For those who have had the pleasure of dining at the Chef's Table in Victoria & Alberts, how in the world did you get your reservation?? LOL. My fingers were poised on the phone the moment the reservation lines opened for 4 days straight trying to get the table for 4 adults for this September. I started to feel like close friends with the reservationists since I would talk to the same two ladies each morning. :-) Someone from V&A did call me back and we are wait-listed for 4 nights. Anyone have any success on the wait list?

pox24
06-11-2008, 03:58 PM
My wife and I dined there a couple of years ago in October and I think we first called in June or July. It took a couple of weeks to finally set our reservation.

Natazu
06-12-2008, 03:12 AM
One word: concierge room

lockedoutlogic
06-12-2008, 09:28 AM
One word: concierge room

that doesn't get you a better chance of getting anything.....but let's keep the myth going....

anyway.....the best thing to do is go in the off-season......

never fails....

hlkeck
06-12-2008, 12:53 PM
I got the chef's table last September. I called at 7 am 180 days before and got it on the first call. The CM was incredulous and said that she'd only been able to book it 3 times in 4 years that she'd worked there. It was the first ADR I asked for (even over CRT) and got it for the first night I asked.

It was the most amazing dinner and night ever. I was sad to go back and eat cheeseburgers, rotisserie chicken, and pizza for the rest of the trip (all of which I usually love, but after the delicate delicious offerings of V&As...well...):cloud9:

LaurenNJ
06-13-2008, 02:38 PM
Thanks for the replies. I guess luck in combination with off-season timing seems to be the trick. I don't hold out much hope for the wait list so we made a reservation off property at Norman's in Orlando. I think it's Orlando. Dining is our biggest expenditure during our stay since we specifically come for the Food & Wine Festival.