PDA

View Full Version : Most Intense

speedmouse93
06-11-2008, 03:09 PM
I love intense rides and was just wondering which ride is the most intense.

Hull-onian
06-11-2008, 03:12 PM
I'll say two rides are intense.

Hollywood Tower of Terror. :hide:

RRC :coaster:

TheRustyScupper
06-11-2008, 03:14 PM
Bus back to the resort with whining kids and sweaty passengers, after a day at the parks .

Tygger7
06-11-2008, 03:33 PM
Bus back to the resort with whining kids and sweaty passengers, after a day at the parks .

:rotfl::funny::rotfl::funny: Amen.

However, if you're looking for attractions that are actually intended to be rides, my votes would be (in no particular order):

Expedition Everest
Tower of Terror
Rock n Roller Coaster
Mission Space (:ack: version)

Happy riding!

lockedoutlogic
06-11-2008, 03:45 PM
to be honest...only mission space is intense.....

none of the others mentioned...tower...rock n roller coaster....everest....are anywhere near as intense as any large scaled ride built in the early 90's in your average Six Flags, Cedar Point, Busch Gardens, or Paramount Park.....

not that those rides aren't great...they are....but i don't think they can be called "intense"....except to those who have no idea what intense is....

i would say space mountain would be the second most "intense"....as it's 30+ years old and is not designed well for it's speeds and bumps.....but is still alot of fun...

Big Thunder Mountain might be the least intense rollercoaster in history......i'm not kidding....

Test Track has a little bit of edge....when it's working....:mickey:

elmjimmlm
06-11-2008, 03:52 PM
SM for me...I am not a thrill rider...:secret:

EJS-Houston
06-11-2008, 03:59 PM
I think "Mission Space" wins the intense sweepstakes hands down...with Tower of Terror coming in 2nd.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
06-11-2008, 04:13 PM
I'm sorry, but a ride that goes a max speed of 20 mph is not considered intense for me.

The original, opening day version of MS. Easily the most intense ride. It's been toned down about 5 times since then.

Other than that, I say most rides are fairly tame.

Although Small World is pretty intense.

Gator
06-11-2008, 04:57 PM
I'd have to go with Dinosaur. It's not real fast, but the theming, darkness, and large animals create an intense primal fear that no other ride has ever done. And I'll be on it again this December. :fresh: Crazy.

Minniefan68
06-11-2008, 05:04 PM
DH and I took our 6 year old on RRC last October. I am a lover of roller coasters and have been on some pretty crazy ones at Six Flags, Bush Gardens etc....BUT something about RRC was too much for me. It was fast, LOUD and in the dark. I got off and thought I would pass out. That is not like me at all.

My son wants to go on again in November, he can go with his dad, I'll pass on that.

But go figure, I can do TOT 10 times and still want more.

Cheryl :minnie2:

pdrlkr
06-11-2008, 05:36 PM
Mission Space! :thumbsup:

Gottaluvgoof
06-11-2008, 05:43 PM
I would have to agree with Mission Space. I have been on RNRC and to be honest with you, the first time I rode it, I was kind of disappointed. It is over so quickly and we have a Mr. Freeze here at our local Six Flags that is waaaaaaay more intense. I guess I was used to that one, so RNRC was a piece of cake.

AlliMo
06-11-2008, 11:10 PM
I would have to say Dinosaur as well. It's the only ride that I still scream on.
I was also thinking that the American Adventure would be the most emotionally intense. I'm sure people would laugh at me for that but I lose it in there every time. You'd think by now that I would remember tissues...

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
06-11-2008, 11:15 PM
For me it is the intense Mission: Space (only ride EVER that has made me feel queasy), along with Dinosaur...just because of how rough it is. Just make sure you hold on!! It's a wild ride.

Chris :hatter:

andreallybadeggs
06-12-2008, 12:10 AM
Agree w/ other posters that attractions at many other parks are considerably more intense than anything you'll encounter in WDW.
The old Alien attraction got to me a bit...Stitch just irritates me. :mad:
One time on MS was enough for me; I didn't use the airsick bag but came close.:sick:
Depending on who rides with me and the sequence of the drops, TNT still gives me a jolt but the fun kind. It is our favorite ride since we're never sure quite what to expect.:thumbsup:

MickeyMousse
06-12-2008, 10:08 AM
I was going to say Expedition Everest, but I'd go on that again and again.

For me, the most intense ride has to be Mission Space. So much so that I have to talk myself into it, psych myself out and every time I walk out saying "never again!!!"

bruin1344
06-12-2008, 01:12 PM
Mission Space is the only one that gives me occasionally nausea so i guess thats the most intense

lockedoutlogic
06-12-2008, 01:29 PM
I look at it this way......when you get off of an intense ride.....you feel...at a minimum...a little disoriented and a headcrunch.....

the queasy stomach follows that.....

Mission space is the only thing at WDW to to do that to me.....unless i was suffering from moderate heat fatigue when it was 98.....

the rest are all fairly tame.....

rock and roller coaster is amazingly comfortable.....that's why i love it....

Everest is as well....

Big Thunder Mountain stinks.....did i mention that?:secret:

ntelgoof
06-12-2008, 01:56 PM
I would consider one ride that hasn't been mentioned yet to be much worse that TOT or RNC. That would be Primeval Whirl in AK. If your definition of intense is "being sore when you get off", do not ride Primeval Whirl.

Ntel

Tigerinvestigator
06-13-2008, 11:34 AM
Another vote for Mission Space!:thumbsup:

cinderellagrl
06-13-2008, 12:08 PM
I would say that the regular version of mission space is the most intense ride in the "world". When you are lifting off into space you can really feel it.... every time I ride the pressure on my chest really surprises me!

illini
06-14-2008, 12:27 AM

Oh man, I just woke up all the kids.

I was going to say Mission: Space, but now I'm changing my mind and going with Rusty.

LudwigVonDrake
06-14-2008, 07:41 AM
Mission: Space :number1:

Mousemates
06-14-2008, 11:44 AM
Another vote for mission space...we road it just after it opened and while I was okay for the first time, we doubled it up pretty quick and the second time through left me a bit :sick: for the rest of the evening. I don't think I have ridden it again...the thought of it just about makes me :ack:. Thou after hearing it has been toned down multiple time I might give it another try.

My number two most intense ride is the tea cups....it takes all my powers of concetration to keep it together (and my food down) when I ride with my "too eager to spin" teenage son.:mickey:

IDreamofEeyore
06-14-2008, 12:01 PM
Definitely Mission Space is the most intense ride in my opinion. I rode it not too long after it opened and that was enough for me! I can ride anything else at WDW with no problem (although I skip the teacups...not a big fan of spinning obviously), but I cannot convince myself to give MS another try.

GrmGrninGost
06-14-2008, 11:30 PM
For me, it's the Tower of Terror! No doubt.

eeyoresbest
06-16-2008, 11:49 AM
Mission Space i would say. TOT i dont think is to bad but you have to ride it!! RRC is kinda intense but fun!:coaster:

alilprincessmom99
06-16-2008, 12:15 PM
For me it would be Mission Space and Dinosaur.

CU Tiger
06-16-2008, 12:29 PM
I put ToT first with Mission space and then RnR. :mickey:

joonyer
06-17-2008, 06:57 PM
It depends on how you define Intense. For me, intense and scary or sickening are not necessarily the same thing. For instance, I get pretty nauseous on the teacups but would never think of them as intense.

For me I would vote Rock 'n Roller Coaster as the most intense, because it starts out at top speed, and stays fast loud and pretty much disorients you in the dark until its over. There is no slow buildup or any slack period of time, unlike ToT or EE. That being said, I love to ride them all.

EvilQueen2006
06-17-2008, 08:55 PM
Mission:Space:thumbsup:

followed by Tower of Terror then RnRC.

steamboatwilly
06-17-2008, 09:20 PM
The Tea Cups!!

katzctkpt
06-17-2008, 09:28 PM
I would vote that MS is the most intense for me since, it makes me kinda woozie feeling :sick: As far as a thrill I love RRC & EE.

Jodileigh
06-18-2008, 08:54 AM
I would have to say without a doubt, Mission Space. I've never seen so many people hurl in my life!:ack: I swear everytime I come off it there is a circle of people around the trash can! GEEZ!!

Jodi

Coach48
06-18-2008, 09:12 AM
The word intense is a subjective thing to me.ToT is in the dark and the drops and all that,RNRC is fast and loud,but that all pales in comparison to Kingda Ka at 6 Flags in New Jersey.That ride is the definition of intense.I will ride any ride made(unless it just spins in circles)and that ride is #1 in my book.Period.That said,no other theme park can hold a candle to Disney,but imo,if you want to talk intense,nothing at Disney has me holding on for dear life.

crazykids
06-18-2008, 09:15 AM
Maybe I'm in the minority, but I don't think Mission Space is that bad. DH was actually a little dissapointed in it because he didn't think it was intense at all! I think it all comes down to individual preferences, TOT is the most intense ride I've been on at WDW. I've yet to ride RNR, it's been down every time I've visited.

MushuGrl
06-19-2008, 04:40 PM
I thought Dinosaur was pretty gnarly. Maybe because I rode it right after EE, but I felt a little queasy from all the bumping and jarring.

That and I hate T-Rex's and ONE ALMOST ATE ME!

Marceline
06-19-2008, 05:15 PM
I agree with others who say it all depends on how you measure intensity personally. I don't think intensity has anything to do with nausea, for me the intensity is about anticipation, the mood the theming puts you in and the feeling of complete immersion into another world....that's Disney style intensity....never to be compared with....PAH:humph: amusement park rides. :razz:

That said.....I think Expedition Everest has a nice intensity built in, Dinosaur as well has an intense feeling carried throughout....but the King of intensity, immersion and suspense is....Tower of Terror....totally!:thumbsup:

mom2morgan
06-19-2008, 08:22 PM
My husband likes the BIG coasters, so he'd say nothing at Disney is "intense" enough. He liked Kraken at Seaworld plenty - and he wants to go to Universal this time around. That said - his vote would be Tower of Terror. He said that Mission Space isn't "intense" unless your idea of a good time is morning sickness or something ;-)