PDA

View Full Version : Maya Grill

PetefromRI
06-11-2008, 02:29 PM
Has any one eaten at the Maya Grill?Give me a review or a link to one and I'll be forever grateful.We're staying there in Sept. on the free dining and it may be my answer on where to go after Cirque in DTD.

wendy*darling
06-11-2008, 06:39 PM
We stayed at CSR a couple of years ago and had one breakfast and one dinner at Maya.

The breakfast was fine, but I thought dinner there was one of the least favorable experiences we have had at WDW.
I didn't like their menu- not at all "Mayan" or anything special. The service was OK, the food was OK, but the bill was outrageous for what we got.

I am in no hurry to return.

After Cirque- I would just stay in DTD and pick one of the many places to dine there- Raglan Road for a nice TS, Earl of Sandwich for a quick meal- lots of others as well.

Gator
06-11-2008, 08:20 PM
I don't know if I'd stay at DTD to eat like the PP said. I've never had good food there. I would try the Pepper Market. It has tons of choices that are super tasty. The prices are between counter service and table service prices. On the Dining Plan, it only counts as a CS, which is a good deal for all the good food you get there.

Texas Tinkerbell Too
06-12-2008, 11:18 AM
We ate a the Maya Grill last Sept on the free dining plan. We all really enjoyed it. My husband had a platter with ribs, fish, and I think a piece of fillet. I dont normally eat ribs but I tried some from my DH's plate. Oh my...they were so good! I had the fillet mignon, which was also cooked just right. Our boys had fried shrimp, which ironically was actually why I chose to eat here. I was looking for kids menus that had things besides mac n cheese, PB &J, burgers, and pizza. The kids absolutley loved their shrimp. We also had the best creme brulee here. It was better than the creme brulee we had in France at Epcot's WS.

So, I would recommend it. I almost wish we were going again this Sept...but we need to try other new places. Hope this helps!

laprana
06-12-2008, 01:40 PM
We just ate at the Maya Grill last week and everyone in our group really enjoyed it! 3 of us had the filet and we all had them cooked differently (one med., one med.-well, and one well done), but every one was cooked perfectly. The sauce that is on the steak was wonderful and gave it a really nice flavor! My DBf had the combination platter with the ribs, filet, and fish, and he really liked all 3. The bread they serve is really good and our desserts were delicious! We had excellent service and our waiter was friendly, helpful, and quick to refill drinks and clear plates. I would recommend it! :thumbsup:

Disdad13
06-12-2008, 04:05 PM
We had dinner at Maya Grill last September and really enjoyed it! I was reluctant to go at first because I had read quite a few bad reviews here, but we wanted to see the resort and try something different, so we decided to try it anyway. We were glad we did! The resort is neat, the atmosphere was nice, service was good, and the food was great! And the children's menu was a lot better than most - there was a steak meal and a shrimp meal, if I remember right. We were there during free dining, so we didn't pay much attention to price, but the food was great ( I know some on this site won't like this, but I thought it was better than LeCellier!) I say go for it!