PDA

View Full Version : Indiana Jones

Disneyexpert15
06-11-2008, 02:29 PM
If you have ever rode on the Indiana Jones ride in Disneyland in California, do you think there should be an Indiana Jones ride in Disneyworld?
I would like to know what other users think :mickey:

I think disney should put an Indiana Jones ride in Florida because I really enjoyed the ride in California it would be a good ride to have at disneyworld.

2Epcot
06-11-2008, 04:11 PM
When the Indiana Jones ride opened at Disneyland I wasn't living in CA at the time. I remember my sister and I took a flight from out of state just to be there on opening day of the attraction. The line was very long, but we were not disappointed.

The Indiana Jones Adventure at Disneyland is one of the best themed attractions at any of the Disney parks. It is very well done, and certainly would be well received at Walt Disney World.

The most logical place would be at the Disney Studios, but that park already has the Indiana Jones Stunt Show. Two Indy attractions might be a bit much, but I know many are tired of the old stunt show.

The ride system for Dinosaur came from the Indiana Jones ride, so these attractions are similar from that standpoint, but as overall attractions, I believe the Indiana Jones ride is much better. I'd like to see it at WDW since so many never make it out to the West coast.

SpecJoe Magic
06-12-2008, 02:43 PM
The ride system for Dinosaur came from the Indiana Jones ride, so these attractions are similar from that standpoint, but as overall attractions, I believe the Indiana Jones ride is much better. I'd like to see it at WDW since so many never make it out to the West coast.

I've heard the excuse that one of the reasons Disney doesn't want to put the Indiana Jones Adventure at WDW is because it's so similar to Dinosaur's track and ride system. I'm not sure if that's true or it's just something that someone made up, but I don't buy that excuse either way. By that logic, Pirates of the Caribbean and It's a Small World shouldn't both exist at WDW because they have the same ride system. :crazy:

I'm one of the people that has grown tired of the Indiana Jones stunt show. It's a great show, but I feel that it has had plenty of time to run its course in its 19 years existence. I believe that there is plenty of space to replace the show with the ride, and Hollywood Studios would still have plenty of shows without the Indy show, including Lights, Motors, Action, which is very similar in format to the Indy show.

MickeyandTink
06-12-2008, 03:18 PM
While I enjoyed the Indy stunt show, I agree the ride would be much better.

Also, why don't they put the Roger Rabbit ride at DL in at WDW? He would fit in great at DHS.

Belle619
06-12-2008, 03:44 PM
I agree that the Indy ride should replace the stunt show at DHS. Yes, the ride is similar in nature to Dinosaur, but they would be at different parks and DHS could definitely use more rides.

I really enjoy the ride and I'm more likely to re-ride it every trip, whereas I wouldn't go see the stunt show more than once.

Jasper
06-12-2008, 03:50 PM
I'm one of the people that has grown tired of the Indiana Jones stunt show. It's a great show, but I feel that it has had plenty of time to run its course in its 19 years existence. I believe that there is plenty of space to replace the show with the ride, and Hollywood Studios would still have plenty of shows without the Indy show, including Lights, Motors, Action, which is very similar in format to the Indy show.

I don't disagree that those of us who have been to the Studios many times are tired of the Indy Stunt Show but that doesn't automatically mean that everyone is. We almost always go during the "slow" season and yet the theater is always about 3/4 full which I think is respectable for the "slow"season. Plus, we almost always seem to end up having a conversation with at least one person in line or in the theater that has never seen the show before. So rather than replace this show I would think they could find another park to add the ride to.

Polynesian Dweller
06-12-2008, 04:31 PM
There is no question the the DLR Indy ride is one of the greats and many, many times better than dinosaur. Perhaps they could rehab Dinosaur and turn it into Indy.

brownie
06-13-2008, 08:07 AM
It's a great attraction and I'd like to see it at Disney World, too. I still like the stunt show, though, but I wouldn't have a problem with two Indy attractions at Disney World or even at the same park.

Fryguy
06-13-2008, 08:50 AM
I would have to agree that it would fit in well at DHS, even with the stunt show still there. Since the stunt show only happens a few times a the ride would not impede on the show.

And with the latest Indy out, there is much more that they can do on the ride with regards to characters.