PDA

View Full Version : Keys to the Kingdom Tour ?

DisneyLove
06-11-2008, 12:57 PM
Hi all!

I leave in a few weeks and have reservations for the keys to the kingdom tour and was wondering if lunch is included in the tour, or if we should plan on doing lunch right after. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Katie

JERSEYDISFAN
06-11-2008, 01:02 PM
Lunch is included as a part of the KTTK tour. When you sign-in next to City Hall they will give you a menu of choices for lunch. Mid-way through the tour you will stop at the Columbia Harbor House where you will have a private dining space reserved for your group upstairs. It's a great tour, enjoy!

DDuck66
06-11-2008, 01:42 PM
That was our first experience with the Columbia Harbo House and now it is one of our preferred CS restaurants at the MK. Make sure to take advantage of the break and drink lots. We went about 3 years ago in May and were beat by the time we finished the tour.

DisneyLove
06-11-2008, 02:20 PM
Thank you very much! Just the answer I was looking for!

joanakaylene
06-11-2008, 03:45 PM
Lunch was one of the best parts of our tour because our cast member guide sat down at our table and we talked about all things disney!

have fun on the tour..if your guide is anything like ours you'll have a fantastic time!

BriarRose0708
06-12-2008, 01:15 PM
Yes, lunch is included. Definately take advantage of the breaks and try to drink lots of water. The tour goes by quickly, but you do a lot of walking at the same time. It was very crowded and hot when I went on my tour thr other day, and we were so tired by the end of it. I hope you will have Brick as your tour guide, he rocks! :number1:

andreallybadeggs
06-12-2008, 04:46 PM
Agreed, lunch was great. My DD got to ask all her questions about becoming a CM...a year and a half later and that's exactly what she is doing!!:mickey:
The tour is so much fun. I'm sure all the guides are wonderful but can't imagine anyone being better than Matt. We were on an emotional roller coaster...laughing till our sides hurt and tearing up at some very poignant stories he shared. He was very open and honest; no question was off limits.
We did walk a lot but the time absolutely flew by.
I'm sure you'll have a blast. :thumbsup:

WonderlandsMostWanted
06-14-2008, 08:37 AM
Interesting notes on booking the KTTK tour... (I appologize if the backstory is a bit long, but hopefuly you'll understand why! :) )

I called Disney tours to ask about this a few months back for my upcoming December trip. the CM I talked to was ready to book it for me then, but I had to confirm with the rest of my party first, so I told her I'd call back. A few weeks later, I called again to book, and the CM I spoke with then told me I had to call at the 180 day mark, so I hung up and have been anxiously waiting for the last few months for the day to arrive (Father's Day was the 180 day mark, so I was giving it to dad for his Father's Day pressent, he's so excited! :cloud9: OK, back on topic)

Today marked 180 days from my resort check in date, so I hoped that meant I could book with the 180+10 rule. I called Disney tours and asked the CM I spoke with if that was alright... "Oh of course" she says. "We book that tour any time through the end of they year!" You do NOT need to wait for the 180 day mark to book the KTTK tour. You can book for a December trip in March if you want to! I apparantly spoke to a somewhat uninformed CM when I last called.

So, I initially panicked that they'd be all booked up, but there was still plenty of space in all 3 time slots, whew! :cloud9:

Long story short, for the rest of you compulsive planners, if you weren't already aware of the option to book before the 180 day mark, now you know!

Also, if you're thinking of booking, it may be helpful to know that A) You must pay for the tour at the time of booking, and they WILL charge the credit card NOW, not just hold the reservation with the number like they do with some other reservations that hold a credit card to book. And B), they offer a 15% AAA discount for the tour as well, which will currently save you $9.00 per person.

On a personal note, I am SO excited!!! Call me silly, but I can't WAIT to see the backstage stuff! Utilidors, here I come! :D:cloud9::mickey: