PDA

View Full Version : Le Cellier booked solid!

wilcat
06-11-2008, 12:50 PM
I tried to make reservations at Le Cellier today for sometime during the week of Dec 7-13. They are booked solid for all lunchs and dinners. :( This is a real bummer for me because it was the only dining reservation I was going to make for the enire week. Does anyone have any tips on how to maybe score a reservation? I think I may try on 6-23 because that is when they will start to reserve the Candlelight Processional packages, but was told that also goes fast. Any ideas?:confused:

mickeys_princess_mom
06-11-2008, 12:54 PM
You still might get lucky on the actual day. Be there when they open, and be open to any time. I've seen people just walk up at opening, ask, and get in. Keep trying--something might very well open up ahead, which, of course, would be ideal. Good luck! :wave:

Jared
06-11-2008, 01:13 PM
You still have a few months before the trip, so somebody might cancel. Keep calling, and you may get lucky! Groups drop reservations all the time, even at Le Cellier Steakhouse. Don't give up just because everything is booked solid now.

:tasty:

bruin1344
06-11-2008, 01:14 PM
we tried to book lecellier very early for our trip in august but that was booked solid

dolphinmickey9170
06-11-2008, 02:04 PM
I suggest booking at CP dinner. It is well worth every cent to be able to enjoy such a fabulous dinner and the show. LeCellier is more than likely holding ressies for the CP, that is why they are completely booked in December. Don't give up, keep trying.:mickey:

LaurenNJ
06-11-2008, 02:09 PM
I was also snubbed on the Le Cellier dinner rezzi for my upcoming trip for the F&WF in September. Very disappointing since in all my dozens of trips to Disney that is the one Epcot restaurant we have not eaten at. I also heard that some folks don't make their reservations so it doesnt hurt to try a walk in.

Maleficent's Dad
06-11-2008, 02:10 PM
Everyone above has given great advice.

1. Keep calling hoping for a cancellation
2. Book the CP package anyways - you can always cancel (ahead of time) if you decide against it - be sure to book AS SOON AS it goes on sale at 7 AM.
3. If all else fails, do go there at 11:20 or sooner (officially opens at 11:30 AM) and see if you can get in for lunch.

Now I very much enjoy LeCellier, but it's just plain CRAZY how popular that place has gotten!!! :crazy: :crazy:

Dopey's Girl
06-11-2008, 02:52 PM
I made my ressie for October at exactly 180 days, and got close to what I was looking for. I called the next day, to change my time by 1 hour, and they were booked.

It's crazy that this place fills up so fast! It's just too yummy for everyone to resist!

Keep calling. People cancel all of the time, you might get lucky!

elmjimmlm
06-11-2008, 03:59 PM
We are also wanting to book this for our CP dinner...Our dates are Dec.8-Jan. 3 so Im keeping my :fingers:...

wendy*darling
06-11-2008, 06:10 PM
We are also wanting to book this for our CP dinner...Our dates are Dec.8-Jan. 3 so Im keeping my :fingers:...
I guess if you have a whole MONTH at WDW- you should be able to eat there at some point!

We also enjoy LeCellier, but didn't even bother trying for our Fall 08 trip. There are so many other terrific places to eat- we let someone else get our ADR. ;)

crazeedizneefinatic
06-11-2008, 06:18 PM
As everyone has said keep trying. If a good steak is what draws you here try coral reef. I actually prefer their food better. Le Cellier IMHO is way over rated (sorry!). The food is good but nothing to fret over. I wonder what makes people so drawn to eat here? It would be interesting to know. For us we usually book since we run out of options of places to eat. We are there for 10 days and I travel with pickey eaters (meat and potatoes kinda guys). We have lunch scheduled for this coming September. Good luck, I hope you get in, keep trying.

"SULLEY "RULES!!
06-11-2008, 08:56 PM
My husband and I got our reservations at Le Cellier for December 1st at 7:25PM at our 180 day for 5 people. They wanted to give us an earlier time but it would have been for two tables and we didn't want to split up. Our relatives are going for the first time to Disney and we wanted them to try the restaurant out. Which I know they'll LOVE!!!:thumbsup:

DebK
06-11-2008, 09:22 PM
Try calling on the actual 180th day out as they may open up more tables. So tomorrow, on June 12th, try for December 9th. And then on Friday the 13th, try for December 10th and so on.....Good luck!

bigbabyblues
06-11-2008, 09:52 PM
Did you ask for lunch? We had lunch there at 11:30 last year in May, and it was good.

Gator
06-12-2008, 01:33 AM
I called at 4am (west coast time) yesterday and got a 7:55 sitting. Pretty late, I thought. I'm starting my trip the same day. I think that because we started our trip on Sunday and so many start their trip on Saturday that they got all the bookings a day before us. It's amazing that Le Cellier has become that popular.