PDA

View Full Version : I Received a PIN Code!

kakn7294
06-11-2008, 06:57 AM
Based on a thread on another site, I recently requested another WDW Vacation DVD and yesterday received an e-mail from Disney Destinations with a PIN code good for parts of August through December with a number of block-out dates. Unfortunately, it's only for 20% - the same thing I already have booked with a AAA room rate so I can't use it, but maybe some of the rest of you will get one as well. Request another DVD and mark that you won't be traveling until next year and hope for the best! I marked that I'm interested in traveling in March or April because DD's HS band has a trip planned for then. I didn't mention that I already have a trip planned for August. Good luck!

CanadianWDWFan
06-11-2008, 08:48 AM
Thanks for the heads up!:thumbsup:

Von-Drake
06-12-2008, 07:57 AM
Thanks! Just requested my new Disney Vacation Planner DVD.

Donalds Duckie
06-12-2008, 09:23 AM
I received a PIN code yesterday too and I haven't ordered anything from WDW.

I got CBR for $99/night.:mickey:

TIGGER17179
06-12-2008, 09:27 AM
Where are you getting the code if you didn't request anything? I'm trying to make reservations now for August and was wondering.. I did get an email but it was for the Value resorts, well actually it said it was for all but when you call it's only the Sports... :secret:

DisneyorBust
06-12-2008, 10:54 AM
That's great news Kathy! Too bad you can't use it. Hopefully you will get one for that spring trip.:thumbsup:

Donalds Duckie
06-13-2008, 06:47 AM
Where are you getting the code if you didn't request anything? I'm trying to make reservations now for August and was wondering.. I did get an email but it was for the Value resorts, well actually it said it was for all but when you call it's only the Sports... :secret:

I received a postcard style flyer in my mailbox from Disney Destinations with a PIN code without ordering any vacation planning CD.

My flyer also said it was for Value Resorts and to check on other Resorts for other savings. I called, gave the CM my PIN code and asked if this was only good for Values. The CM told me she could answer that as soon as she input my PIN. She did then she told me there was availability for my PIN at ALL resorts. I asked her if I could apply this PIN discount to my existing CBR reservation Aug 30-Sept. 1and she said "absolutely" did it.

My PIN rate is $99/night plus tax, which is $20/night less than the AAA rate I already had booked for the same dates.

The only difference I can see is my flyer was good Aug. 3 to Sept. 27, 2008, but may have gotten me a bette discount. Also, when I told the CM "I received a postcard with a PIN code in the mail today." Her immediate response was "Oh, those are the good ones!"

All I know is, I saved $50/night off rack rate and $20/night off my existing AAA rate so I'm HAPPY!

Good luck everyone, hope you get a Postcard PIN soon.

Bethanymouse
06-13-2008, 05:15 PM
I am so glad you were able to use the pin code. We received on for the values as well for 59 dollars a night, it sounds similiar to the ones above, but we were told there was no more availability in the POP for our stay. We already have a reservation there. I am so upset they wont just apply the code! Help intercot friends, what can i do?:(

MNNHFLTX
06-13-2008, 07:30 PM
We just got a flyer today with an offer for a studio villa at either Saratoga Springs or Old Key West for $165/night for August 3--September 27. Of course there was the standard wording that other resorts might have availability with that offer too. Too bad we're not in the market to go. :shrug:

I must mention that this is the second offer in the last year or so that has come to us in my husband's name and his only connection with Disney World is a lapsed seasonal pass from when were Florida Residents.

MNNHFLTX
06-13-2008, 07:35 PM
I am so glad you were able to use the pin code. We received on for the values as well for 59 dollars a night, it sounds similiar to the ones above, but we were told there was no more availability in the POP for our stay. We already have a reservation there. I am so upset they wont just apply the code! Help intercot friends, what can i do?:(
Unfortunately there really is nothing you can do, as there is limited number of rooms available under each offer. Once they're gone, they're gone. Did you ask if there were discounted rooms available at any of the other value resorts or is your heart set on Pop Century?

BelleLovesTheBeast
06-13-2008, 07:40 PM
I never have received one of these. I order the DVD about every 6 months and regularly update my info on their site. My father received one last year and he's only been to WDW twice. I think it is random how they pick these. I've done everything that people recommend to do to increase you chance of getting one but never have. Maybe one day!

Congratulations on getting one!

Crow
06-13-2008, 07:58 PM
Congrats!
heres hoping for some my way..
i think the only time i remember is just getting back from a WDW trip & getting a card.

Bethanymouse
06-13-2008, 07:59 PM
Unfortunately there really is nothing you can do, as there is limited number of rooms available under each offer. Once they're gone, they're gone. Did you ask if there were discounted rooms available at any of the other value resorts or is your heart set on Pop Century?

I was open to all of the other moderates and even reached out to deluxes as well. The only places available were Boardwalk suite, CBR, and Wilderness Lodge Villas. I almost felt like it was a scam to try to get me to upgrade and spend more money......What do you think? We just got the postcard today. I called as soon as the mail came and already sold out?:confused:

illini
06-14-2008, 12:01 AM
I was open to all of the other moderates and even reached out to deluxes as well. The only places available were Boardwalk suite, CBR, and Wilderness Lodge Villas. I almost felt like it was a scam to try to get me to upgrade and spend more money......What do you think? We just got the postcard today. I called as soon as the mail came and already sold out?:confused:

There may well have not been any discounted availability ever at the other resorts. If they were already at the magic capacity, then no discounts would be made available even with a PIN code.
I don't think it's a scam at all. Depending on the rates, you may be able to upgrade for very little-- or even no-- extra $$ over what you're paying on a current reservation.

eas423
06-14-2008, 01:26 PM
I also got a PIN in the mail yesterday, do you think I can apply it to my existing reservation with free dining in Sept at the Poly?

Bethanymouse
06-15-2008, 12:13 AM
There may well have not been any discounted availability ever at the other resorts. If they were already at the magic capacity, then no discounts would be made available even with a PIN code.
I don't think it's a scam at all. Depending on the rates, you may be able to upgrade for very little-- or even no-- extra $$ over what you're paying on a current reservation.

Thanks for your input. I was just so disappointed. I tried to upgrade to POLY, WL, or Contemporary but nothing was available except WL villas. Should I try back a few times to see if anything opens up?

Mrs Bus Driver
06-15-2008, 01:24 PM
My DD received the pin code and she didn't do anything to get it. I'm the one who makes reservations and orders the vacation videos, her name is simply added to reservations because she is staying in the room. So I think it is just a random mailing and you don't have to do anything special to get it. Just have your name in the system. That said I could only apply the discount to one day of our trip, sorry to say I can't change the dates we are going. :(

KathyMJ
06-15-2008, 07:39 PM
I also got a PIN in the mail yesterday, do you think I can apply it to my existing reservation with free dining in Sept at the Poly?

No, you can not stack discounts. Disney only allows one at a time:mickey: The best thing is to do the math and find out which deal is most cost effective for you.

TIGGER17179
06-16-2008, 10:58 AM
Thanks! I got the email right after this post and called about the Value Resort and I got Port Orleans Riverside for $99.00 a night the first week in August it's usually $150.00! We've never stayed at a moderate resort before so I'm excited! It's only 17.00 more a day than the Pop where we were going to stay...:thumbsup:

tmosier
06-17-2008, 03:27 PM
Maybe the information below will be useful to someone. I recently contacted Disney, asking if there were any PIN numbers attached to my name and address (somewhere I read it was worth a try to do this every once in awhile). This was Disney's reply---

"...we appreciate your interest. At this time, we found no sort of Pin Number associated with your household.

As you may be aware, the Walt Disney World Resort periodically offers special resort programs as a courtesy to our guests; however, some specific promotions also require a special PIN number to access. These PIN numbers are mailed to randomly selected guests chosen from our mailing lists. If you would like to be considered for future
promotions, you may update your member account on the My Disney Vacation
page on Disneyworld.com.If you are already registered and logged in, then please proceed:

1. Click on Update Your Information
2. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on Edit
3. Click on the section that mentions occasional updates and/or the Disney Insider.
4. Click on Update

Please note that special programs are offered on a first-come, first-served basis and are subject to availability. This does not guarantee future mailings."

WonderlandsMostWanted
06-18-2008, 01:16 PM
I got a PIN CODE too!!! I'm absolutely flipping out!!! I just e-mailed Kathy at MJ to see what it means for my upcoming December vacation!!

AHHHH! I was starting to think these were the things of Disney Urban Legend! Even if I can't use it for this trip, I feel pixie dusted nonetheless!:D:cloud9:

WonderlandsMostWanted
06-18-2008, 03:14 PM
Awe boo, it wasn't any better than my AAA discount. Oh well, at least I've actually seen one with my own eyes now! :mickey: