PDA

View Full Version : Kid costumes and MNSSHP

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
06-10-2008, 10:34 PM
We are going for the first time this year to MNSSHP. (Sept 23... anyone else?) Anyway... we live in Northern CT, where Haloween costumes are made to fit over a winter coat.

I am worried about full body costumes on my girls and the heat (THey will be almost 3 and 20 months.)

My youngest has a cheetah print t-shirt and shorts, and cheetah print Mickey ears. I was thinking of just buying some cheetah material and sewing a tail that we could attach by tying around her waist.

For my older daughter, I am thinking of getting her white shorts and a t-shirt... and sewing black spots on it to make her a dalmation. We could get a white baseball had and attach "dog ears" and then make her a tail as well.

Does this sound ok to people? Am I the only crazy Mom who is worried about the heat? I just can't see them in the full body animal suits, or even the long princess dress all night long, tripping trying to get on and off rides, etc...

Any how... How is everyone else dressing their kids? Will you betaking the heat into account?

cal5755
06-11-2008, 11:40 AM
I am definately thinking about the heat when it comes to the costumes. I think both your ideas sound very cute and original!! They will be cool in shorts and t-shirts too.

We are also going for the first time for MNSSHP (sept 16). All the ladies will be dressing as Dorothy through the ages and all the boys (accept one uncle who will also be dorothy) will be nerds.

Hope you have tons of fun!!

Disney Doll
06-11-2008, 02:03 PM
We are definitely considering the heat and the comfort factor of walking around the parks. I had actually planned to do the same thing with a dalmatian outfit for my son. However, I was thinking of a headband instead of a hat. Thanks for giving me another option to consider! I also thought about not even dressing up, but just wearing Halloween t-shirts. That's my back up plan if I can't get a comfy, cool costume to work.

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
06-11-2008, 03:10 PM
THank you! I am glad some people are thinking like I am! My husband thinks I am crazy for planning this far out... BUT IT IS PART OF THE FUN!

I would love to hear what other people have for ideas!

The nerds and Dorthy's sound cute!

Disney Doll if you are going on Sept 23, we will keep an eye out for another dalmation!