PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about Citricos

mouseketeer mom
06-10-2008, 06:10 PM
Always looking for new places. This is a signature that we haven't tried. We are trying Narcoosees and Flying Fish in August..and have Jiko for November. Thinking about adding Citricos. I'd love to hear! Our family is myself, my DH and kids, 14, 12 and 9 by November.

mouseketeer mom
06-10-2008, 09:26 PM
Hoping a Mod can move this! How did my post end up in accomodations? Yikes! This extreme heat the Northeast is having must be getting to me!

sillyolbear
06-11-2008, 08:20 AM
Citricos is one of our favorites. My wife's favorite dish anywhere on the planet is their Gateau of Crab appetizer.

On our last visit I had one of the best steaks I've can remember in a long time. I've also enjoyed a number of their fish entrées.

We've always had friendly and professional servers and also like their wine list.

Hope you enjoy your meal!

eam
06-11-2008, 08:43 AM
Citrico's is our absolute favorite place to eat (Earl of Sandwich being second). We have 3 ADR's for Citrico's for our October trip. I also have the filet each time, and make sure you have the lemon cheesecake for dessert. It is the bomb! Enjoy!

Natazu
06-12-2008, 03:19 AM
I love Citricos. Gateau of Crab, creative Tuscan entrees, and one of the largest wine selections in Central Florida. Chef Phillip has elevated the level of quality at Citrico's to put it on par with California Grill and Flying Fish and that's saying something. In the immortal words of Jack Wagner, "experience the casual elegance of Citrico's, Mediterranean dining with a distinct Tuscan Flair".

Cathy S
06-12-2008, 09:18 AM
Another hooray far the crab gateau! This is one of our favorites. Its understated elegance and delightfully prepared food mkes it a great dining experience. I am sure you will enjoy it.

lockedoutlogic
06-12-2008, 09:23 AM
Best Restaurant:

V &A's

Most Underated:

Artist's Point
JIko
Citrico's
Brown Derby
Chefs De France
Ohana

Most Overated:

California Grill
Flying Fish
Le Cellier
CRT
Narcoosee's

that's how i see it.....citrico's is in the top 5 at all times

LaurenNJ
06-12-2008, 10:32 AM
I must say after hearing wonderful things about Citricos my entire party of 4 was disappointed. Perhaps the kitchen was having an "off" night or my perception was skewed by the Cabernet the server spilled on my husbands blazer and down the back of his chair. The restaurant is lovely though and I would be happy to give it another shot.

mainemajor
06-13-2008, 08:16 PM
This was the highlight of our last trip for my son and his girlfriend. They both dressed up and had a night on the town so to speak. He still talks about the dinner they had. :thumbsup:

cinderellagrl
06-13-2008, 10:49 PM
My family and I made our first visit to Citricos last summer.... WE LOVED IT! The food was excellent, and the service was excellent! Our waiter explained everything on the menu! My parents ordered a bottle of Champagne (New Year's Day) and the waiter brought the non-21 year olds champagne glasses of vernors.... so kind! I especially remember the dessert! I ordered a tiramisu, just beautiful and delicious!