PDA

View Full Version : Reservations character dining?

daan8810
06-10-2008, 04:14 PM
I was thinking to myself...

Is it necesairy to make reservations for the 'character-restaurants' or do they have enough place to just go over there or to reserve the same day..

Thanks!

Daniel

wdwfansince75
06-10-2008, 04:35 PM
Some of the character meals fill up far ahead of time. As an example, I tried to get an ADR for Liberty Tree Tavern for June 27 about 2 weeks ago, and it was fully booked. I think you may have trouble getting into most of the character meal locations if you wait until the last minute.

However, if the actual location or timing doesn't matter to you, the lobby concierge at your hotel would probably be able to get you in somewhere with just a little lead time. We have managed walk ups at Crystal Palace (with about 45 minutes wait time) and at Liberty Tree Tavern (with about the same wait time) on prior visits, but both were before the current dining plan.

We really have enjoyed the character meals over the years. It adds to the magic. We have done 1900 Park Faire (my personal favorite), Chef Mickey's, Crystal Palace, O'hana's, Garden Grill, Liberty Tree, Hollywood and Vine, and Breakfastasaurus. Always had great food, and a fun time. We could not envision WDW without one or more character meals.

yjgirl715
06-10-2008, 04:39 PM
I agree with wdwfansince75- it might be pretty hard to get into a character dining at the last minute. The only one that I have been to that I would imgaine might have room is Chef Mickey's. It was quite large- but again it would all depend on the times you would like your meal and the season in which your going. Good luck!

CaptainJessicaSparrow
06-10-2008, 04:40 PM
Last year for MNSSHP, we walked right up to LTT and were able to get in around 5. Sometimes there are no shows and cancellations, so they can sometimes fit you in. Keep trying for an ADR, and if you can't get one, try the front desk at your resort and the restaurant itself.

KylesMom
06-11-2008, 11:43 AM
If you're inquiring about your upcoming trip in July, I would say that advanced reservations are quite important based our our experiences during summertime hours. We've never been successful walking up to a character dining locations, including Chef Mickey's (staying at CR), Garden Grill or Crystal Palace. Unfortunately ADRs are pretty much a way of life at Disney, especially during the summertime and holiday periods, and character meals are very popular.

jpH/keD
06-16-2008, 11:06 AM
We went at Thanksgiving 07. DW was crazy busy!! We had done all our ADRs 180 days out. However, the ones we made for LTT for Thanksgiving night were not suitable. (Due to the fact that our teenagers decided to go w/ us at the LAST minute! :mad:) We needed a bigger table!!!( Dont get me started on that!)
BUT I went by LTT everyday til our date(4 days in a row) and told my sob story. The folks at the front desk at the restaurant would not committ to anything but when we walked in on Thanksgiving Day no less, they KNEW us and were happy to fix our problem! We only had to wait about 10 minutes and were seated close together!! It was so nice! Have faith and I would go to the restaurant at least once before you need to eat and tell your story. They will bend over backwards to help you out! Keep trying on the phone tho! Good luck!

joanna71985
06-16-2008, 01:01 PM
Some character meals are easier to walk-up to then others. For example, I've been able to walk up to GG and P&D.

However, many will need ADRs (including 1900 Park Fare dinner, CRT, and CM).