PDA

View Full Version : Best room at POFQ

Giselle
06-10-2008, 02:48 PM
Where is the best room at POFQ and why? It will be me, DH 4yoDD:princess: going in Sep. and I have never stayed there before. Any pointers and info from past guests would be greatly appreciated.

CleveRocks
06-10-2008, 03:18 PM
It depends what your definition of "best" is.

Nearest the food court and bus stop?

Nearest the pool?

A view of the pool or the river?

A quiet and secluded corner of the resort?

Nearest an elevator?

The good news is, the resort is so pleasantly compact that there's no such thing as an inconvenient or far away room.

Quick story ...

I'd never been there before. I requested a room near the food court and bus stop (you have to walk past the food court to get to the bus stop). We checked in very late at night after a long day, and were given a room at the very far end of Building 2, which on the map looked a million miles away. So with 2 tired parents (us) and 2 exhausted kids, we trudged in the dark to our room.

I timed the walk, and we weren't racing.

The walk from the front desk (which is the same as the walk from the food court), INCLUDING our elevator ride up to the 3rd floor of our building, took exactly 2 MINUTES!

What looked like a long way on the map was quite literally a 2 minute walk. I later timed the farthest walk, from the far corner of Building 1 to the food court doors ... 3 minutes 20 seconds.

So like I said, it's a pleasantly compact resort and there's no such thing as an inconvenient room.

Here's a link to a map of the resort:
http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/portorleans.jpg

Please post again if you have any further questions about my favorite resort!

tinksmom02
06-10-2008, 09:43 PM
Like CleveRocks says, the buildings are all pretty close together. I think buildings 1 and 7 are the "furthest" away. Last September we splurged for a waterview room and were rewarded with a 3rd floor room in Building 5 with a view of the river. It was absolutely lovely.

This time around, there were no waterview rooms avaiable for our time frame, so I requested bulding 4. It is literally steps away from the food court. We'll see if my request is honored in Sept.

DizneyDoug
06-10-2008, 10:02 PM
In my humble opinion the best is building 4, first floor. It is very near the food court and the closest to the bus stop. Like everyone else has said the resort is not large and it's not a long walk anywhere but it sure is nice to have the shortest walk possible from the bus stop to the room after a long day of walking.

Figment52
06-11-2008, 12:41 AM
We've stayed at POFQ twice and love it! The first time, it was over in building four, six, or seven - I can't remember. Last time, I'm pretty sure it was building two. Either case, the walk was virtually non-existant to the main building.

One of the things we really liked about this resort was that it was so compact, and after walking around the parks all day, it's nice to be able to get to your room quickly once off the bus.

Your DD will probably like the bright color and whimsical "props" in the food court, as well as the pool area. And if you want to go to DTD, there is a boat you can take instead of the bus. If I remember correctly, it drops you off right near the Rainforest Cafe in DTD. I'm not sure if there still is, but there used to be a walkway that connected the FQ with Riverside (former Dixie Landings). Might be a nice walk to check out the other half of the resort. The boat may also go up that way, as well.

mrsgaribaldi
06-11-2008, 01:26 AM
We never really ask for a specific building. The only thing I like is the top floor. We've never had a bad room, at any resort really:thumbsup:

Dyanna
06-11-2008, 09:02 AM
When we went last Oct we requested a room close to the bus stop & food court as well. Low & behold they gave us a ground floor room only 7 doors away:thumbsup: