PDA

View Full Version : Where is the ring?

Dyanna
06-10-2008, 01:11 PM
Where would I find the ring as I exit the ToT ride? I tried looking for it last time I was there but was unable to locate it.

JERSEYDISFAN
06-10-2008, 01:25 PM
The ring is not at the TOT ride. It's at the HM ride. As you exit the ride you will walk under two stone archways. Look directly under the archway on the right and you'll see the "ring" embedded in the stone. Some say it looks like a recepticle for a gate latch but we all know it's really the ring mentioned in the back story!

thecotos
06-10-2008, 01:41 PM
Actually, the ring isn't there at all anymore. We asked a CM to show it to us on our last trip and were told they paved over it.

azcavalier
06-10-2008, 02:07 PM
So THAT'S why my DW and I couldn't find it when we were there in April. We wandered around the exit and couldn't see it. I figured that we had just missed it.

TKDONALD
06-10-2008, 03:14 PM
YEP IT IS GONE. EVERY TRIP I TAKE I CAN STILL CATCH MYSELF LOOKING FOR IT. :mickey:

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
06-10-2008, 03:18 PM
Why would they take something like that out?

Chris :hatter:

RBrooksC
06-10-2008, 03:19 PM
Why would they take something like that out?

Because it really wasn't "the ring." It was nothing more than some sort of fitting that was in the asphalt and wasn't needed anymore.

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
06-10-2008, 03:22 PM
Because it really wasn't "the ring." It was nothing more than some sort of fitting that was in the asphalt and wasn't needed anymore.

Interesting...thanks!

RBrooksC
06-10-2008, 03:27 PM
Interesting...thanks!

From what I understand, a guest saw it in the pavement and asked a CM about it. The CM, thinking on the fly, said it was the wedding ring that related to the story in the HM. Well, as these things go, that guest told somebody, who told somebody, etc and it gained a life of its own. It soon became fact just because so many people had heard the story.

Take a look at ToT. There used to be letters in the lobby display that had fallen to the bottom of the cabinet that said, EVL TWR U R Doomd. Or something like that... It was removed because a CM actually did that. People saw it, and thought it was a part of the set. However, the Imagineers never did that and when there was a refurb done it was removed.

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
06-10-2008, 03:34 PM
From what I understand, a guest saw it in the pavement and asked a CM about it. The CM, thinking on the fly, said it was the wedding ring that related to the story in the HM. Well, as these things go, that guest told somebody, who told somebody, etc and it gained a life of its own. It soon became fact just because so many people had heard the story.

Take a look at ToT. There used to be letters in the lobby display that had fallen to the bottom of the cabinet that said, EVL TWR U R Doomd. Or something like that... It was removed because a CM actually did that. People saw it, and thought it was a part of the set. However, the Imagineers never did that and when there was a refurb done it was removed.

Wow, thats cool. I remember looking in May and September last year for the letters that had fallen in the sign...but there wasn't any. I guess this is why!

disneymom15
06-10-2008, 03:55 PM
On the subject of things not there anymore, how many of you saw the yellow Live Strong bracelet of the surfer boy in It's A Small World.

Young@Heart
06-10-2008, 08:08 PM
We never found the ring. :( DH and I looked for it each time we'd exit HM, but could never find it. Guess it's too late, now.

Altair
06-10-2008, 09:38 PM
Instead of paving it over, I would have promoted the CM that came up with the story to Head of Imagineering.:mickey:

Anyway, it was gone for a while, then returned. But it was gone again in January.:(

Gator
06-11-2008, 12:24 AM
As the story goes, a young Hobbit found the ring and flung it into the depths of Mount Doom. One ring to rule them all.:cool:

Marceline
06-11-2008, 12:45 AM
As the story goes, a young Hobbit found the ring and flung it into the depths of Mount Doom. One ring to rule them all.:cool:

:rotfl: Haw haw