PDA

View Full Version : Costume Advice for MNSSHP???

cal5755
06-10-2008, 01:06 PM
Hello everyone.... first let me say that I am totally bummin because my computer crashed!! It is at the pc doctor right now and I am using Dad's computer. I can't have as much access as I want so this stinks... I have missed intercot for 3 days and I need a fix lol...

Anyway I have a costume idea but I am wondering if part of it is something Disney would frown upon.

Ok the guys (dh, ds, ds-friend, Uncle K and Uncle N) we were planning on having them all be NERDS - short sleeve button up shirts with pockets and pens, too high khaki shorts, sandles with tube socks and of course thick glasses with tape.

Now for the ladies we are all planning on being Dorothy from the Wizard of OZ... kind of like through the ages (5 - 96) There would be 5yrs, 9 yrs, 30ish, 40ish, 50ish, 50ish, 90ish..... now for the hmmmm part. My uncle bobby has always done crazy things and I asked him if he would dress as Dorothy too. Of course he said yes! (thus far he has dressed as minnie mouse, a bride, a witch and one of those french maids). I am wondering if anyone thinks Disney would have a problem with my Unlce dressing as Dorothy? I am planning on packing a nerd outfit for him too in case someone makes him take it off. Oh he would be 40ish too.

So do you think our idea of Dorothy through the ages would work? I know Aunt Apple would look great in some long grey braids :mickey:

NJGIRL
06-10-2008, 03:49 PM
I don't think this would be a problem. I can't see how they would be able to stop him. I would think it would be discrimination. Anyway maybe they will think he's just a really ugly Dorothy:)

Nut4DW
06-10-2008, 03:59 PM
We were there for MNSSHP in 2006 and I saw a older woman dressed as a fairy - and she shouldn't have been....so I think your uncle as Dorothy will be fine.

cal5755
06-11-2008, 11:45 AM
Thanks for your opinions... I was thinking it would be ok but I thought I would throw the idea out there and see what fellow Disney people would think .... the last thing we want to do is make people feel uncomfortable.