PDA

View Full Version : Waht to wear to the signature restaurts?

faberj
06-10-2008, 12:09 PM
We have several Sig dining booked for our upcoming trip in December (Cali Grill Narcoossee's, Aritist Point, Flying Fish) what should we wear? I am planning on maybe a casual dress or skit and top, but DH wants to wear shorts, will they even allow that? If not what should he wear?

SurferStitch
06-10-2008, 12:24 PM
Hey there, fellow Stitch lover!!

Well, they will allow nice dress shorts, but I know that DH never wears them. He always wears khakis or dress pants. The dress code is business casual, but I know that where I work (a very relaxed atmosphere), shorts are definitely not allowed. At WDW, they are.

You'll see people there that don't adhere to the dress code at all, and they are still allowed in. The only place I've EVER seen anyone turned away was V&A.

You'll be fine in a casual dress or skirt/top. I like to dress up a lot, but then there are times when I'll just wear dressy capris, a very dressy evening top, and heels to places like Narc's, Citricos or Fulton's. I also wear fancy cocktail type dresses sometimes, and always wear an evening dress of some sort to V&A.

Seasonscraps
06-10-2008, 01:02 PM
The restaurants would prefer you don't wear pool/beach attire to the signature restaurants.

Attire not permitted by this dress code is:
• Hats
• Swimsuits
• Swimsuit cover-up's
• Tank tops
• Torn clothing
• Flip-flops

Everything else is permitted so your DH is fine to wear shorts if he likes although it can be cool in the evenings in December so a pants option might be good.

Polynesian Dweller
06-10-2008, 01:23 PM
Going to a signature restaurant does mean you are going to a higher quality restaurant and should dress accordingly. You don't have to dress up in suits or anything but Resort/business casual is the standard. Dinner at one of the Sig restaurant is a special evening for most who are there so being a bit dressy is the right thing to do IMHO.

In terms of shorts, cut-offs and the like definitely not OK. Dress/khaki shorts with a golf shirt would be fine for your DH. I wear shorts on hotter days though typically I will wear long pants.

ChristineC68 has laid things out fairly well though I have always had a hat and they don't mind.

dolphinmickey9170
06-10-2008, 04:40 PM
My DH wears his khaki cargo shorts with either a polo shirt or a hawaiian shirt. I wear a pair of capris with some type of spaghetti strap cami or a sparkle top. We both wear our crocs.

Kairi_7378
06-10-2008, 05:31 PM
Well, they will allow nice dress shorts, but I know that DH never wears them. He always wears khakis or dress pants. The dress code is business casual, but I know that where I work (a very relaxed atmosphere), shorts are definitely not allowed. At WDW, they are.

You'll see people there that don't adhere to the dress code at all, and they are still allowed in. The only place I've EVER seen anyone turned away was V&A.

You'll be fine in a casual dress or skirt/top. I like to dress up a lot, but then there are times when I'll just wear dressy capris, a very dressy evening top, and heels to places like Narc's, Citricos or Fulton's. I also wear fancy cocktail type dresses sometimes, and always wear an evening dress of some sort to V&A.

This summarizes how my husband and I dress for the Signature restaurants. (Well, we haven't don't V and A's yet, but someday!) Because they are nicer restaurants we like to dress accordingly.

brewcrew26
06-10-2008, 10:12 PM
We saw everything from suits and very nice dresses to shorts and some people in t-shirts at Artist Point. I thought it was a little too casual but I didn't see people getting turned away.

Mostly, it was the business casual attire. I wore a white skirt and a blouse while DH wore docker khakis and a polo. We don't get dressed up much, so we wanted to get a little dressier.

I think "business casual" is all in the eyes of the beholder. At my work, we can't even wear capris or go without pantyhose, we always have to have our shoulders covered - no tank tops or cropped shirts. But at my radio station job, business casual is a polo shirt and shorts and even jeans are fine. It all depends, so that's why I think you see a wide-range of attire in the restaurants.

mouseketeer mom
06-11-2008, 06:20 AM
I wear a sundress mostly, and give up my flip flops for a cuter sandal. My husband almost always wears nice khakis and a white button down shirt. I put my son in nicer shorts with a button down short sleeve summery shirt or a 3 button polo. My girls wear sundresses/or summer skirts and tops.

Natazu
06-12-2008, 03:21 AM
I wear shorts to CG all the time. For a long time, I was a stickler for dress codes at Disney. Now I just make sure I'm comfortable and noone is staring.

Mfarquar
06-12-2008, 09:36 AM
I definitely feel that these restaurants require a little bit more than your average theme park attire. However, these are in no way black-tie affairs.

Coming from the NYC area, Disney restaurants demand nothing even close to some of NYC's even more casual upscale dining locations.

That said, I think the goal is to appear as though you haven't been traipsing through a theme park all day. I'd stay away from anything that looks like a bathing suit cover-up, t-shirts, flip flops, beat-up sneakers, baseball caps, ratty jeans, torn shorts, etc.

I usually wear a skirt and top or a sundress (too hot for capris when we go in Sept.). My husband usually wears nice shorts (sometimes cotton, but not jeans) and a polo shirt or button down short-sleeve shirt (something with a collar). We NEVER wear flip flops. This way, we can enjoy the parks after our meal because we are still comfortable, but we don't feel sloppy while dining in a nicer restaurant.

It never seems like a big deal to us, in fact during the less crowded times of year (less time in the sun) we sometimes don't even go back to our hotel - we'll just keep our nicer clothes in a locker with some essentials (deodorant, perfume, baby wipes), and get changed in the park.

BelleLovesTheBeast
06-12-2008, 02:14 PM
I'm so glad to hear what everyone else wears. I know the dress code but wasn't sure what most people wore. The only signature restaurants we've been to has been Artist Pointe in 2003. I wore a nice dress and DH wore dress slacks, shirt and tie.

This time we'll be spending the day in the park and some of the restaurants we'll be heading right to. I'm glad to hear that many men wear khaki shorts/polos and anything from capris to skirts for women. I didn't want to be under dressed.