PDA

View Full Version : Planning a trip this fall to WDW

Ariel56
06-09-2008, 05:43 PM
I was planning on going to disney this fall. When is the best time to go? I was thinking october? What do you think? Thanks again :mickey:

kakn7294
06-09-2008, 06:54 PM
October is supposed to be a great time to go. We haven't been that time of year but we have been in September. The crowds are nice and relatively low and the weather is still warm but not the blistering heat of July and August. It is still hurricane season but you can never predict what will happen with storms. Resort prices are higher at that time of year though - if budget is a factor, you might want to consider the end of September instead.

faline
06-09-2008, 07:23 PM
Years ago, October was an ideal time to go to Disney. It has gottem more popular over time. Many folks also enjoy the Halloween celebrations as well as the Food & Wine Festival that takes place in October. It's still a good time to go but the parks certainly aren't empty. I'd define crowds as moderate but certainly manageable.

busterthebronco
06-09-2008, 09:26 PM
the week after thanksgiving weekend.
perfect!

Polynesian Dweller
06-09-2008, 09:57 PM
Lousy time. Don't go! I want the parks to myself.:D

Seriously, its a very good time to go. The crowds are quite manageable and no real problem except for the Columbus Day weekend. There's lots going on including MNSSHP and the Food and Wine Festival at Epcot. Very much worth trying.

Its warm and has the advantage over November of still having long days before the time change. Definitely recommended and that's why we go October every year.

boysmom
06-10-2008, 08:20 PM
The crowds are quite manageable and no real problem except for the Columbus Day weekend.

So, how bad is Columbus Day weekend? We're trying to decide between a trip just before Columbus Day (leaving Sunday night), and a trip over Halloween (not sure about the kids missing trick or treat at home).

If there are significantly higher crowds around Columbus Day, though, I would definintely do the Halloween thing.

TIA!

tundramom
06-10-2008, 08:34 PM
The week before and after is generally 4-5 level crowds with Columbus Day being 7. This is on a scale from 1-10 with 10 being unbearable. Hope this helps.:mickey: We've gone nearly every week in October and honestly I prefer the first week in Nov. The weather is cooler and crowds are even lower. We've had Oct. trips that were bloody hot!