PDA

View Full Version : Tokyo Disney?

asramears
06-09-2008, 01:59 PM
I wasn't sure where to post this question. Sorry if it is in the wrong place. We are going to be in WDW from June 21-28th. We come home and 4 days later head for Japan. The Japan trip is a business trip for my husband and I'm just bumming a ride! We will be staying in Tokyo. My questions is has anyone been to Tokyo Disney? Would it be worth it for me to spend a day there? Would it be a let down after the real "world"? Is it easy to get to since I would be going by myself. Really any info anyone has would be great!!! Thanks.

Jasper
06-09-2008, 02:05 PM
I have never been to Tokyo Disney so I can't specifically answer any of your questions. However, I would think that any true Disney lover would jump at the chance to see any of the parks even in a foreign country. I would definitely give it a try!

alilprincessmom99
06-09-2008, 04:44 PM
I have never been to Tokyo Disneyland, but have done tons of research on it, as I would really love to go some day. I would certainly tell you to go for it. Any true lover of Disney would jump at the chance, as the previous poster stated, and especially in a foreign country. I am actually going to PM you with a website that should prove to be very helpful to you.

Melanie
06-09-2008, 06:00 PM
A waste of time - not a chance! DO IT!

If you only have one day though, go to DisneySea!!! It's INCREDIBLE, and I dare say blows away the Stateside Disney parks.

Any questions you have, I'll be happy to answer. :mickey:

Mufasa
06-10-2008, 03:02 AM
It is definitely worth it and so easy to get to the Tokyo Disney Resort if you have the opportunity. It is only about a 15 minute ride on the JR Keiyo line from Tokyo station out to Maihama and the Tokyo Disney Resort.

If you only have 1 day and 1 park to visit, I strongly agree with Melanears that you should try and hit Tokyo DisneySea- but depending on your husband's schedule you might both consider taking advantage of their starlight or after 6 passports that they sell at the resort.

A starlight passport is 4,700 yen for adults and allows entry after 3pm on Saturdays, Sundays and national holidays while an after 6 passport is available on most weekdays and allows entry after 6pm for 3,100 yen.

The drawback with the starlight or after 6 passports is fastpasses will likely all be distributed well before then.

With a 1 day passport, you can enter either Tokyo Disneyland or Tokyo DisneySea but not both parks (there's no park hopping available except on 3 or 4 day passes, and then only after the 2nd day).

Depending on when you'll be in Tokyo you may just be able to catch the grand opening of the Tokyo Disneyland hotel (opens July 8th).

DisneyLove
06-10-2008, 08:32 AM
When I studied abroad last year in Japan, my family and I went to Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea. I would say if you're there, definately go!! Again, as both previous posters mentioned, if you only have one day, I would do DisneySea- it's very different from WDW parks. The themeing is incredible, although to me it had slightly less of a "pixie dust" feel than I normally associate with Disney (that feeling you get when you walk into Mk for the first time all about the disney magic). But it truly was amazing. Journey Into the Center of the Earth was great!! And, again as already noted, easy to get to using the JR line. If you've got any specific questions, let me know, I'd be happy to answer,

Katie:mickey: