PDA

View Full Version : We're going to Pop Century! advice please

buzz638
06-09-2008, 12:58 PM
Yeahhh !:mickey: It's ofiicially booked since yesterday, we're going to Disney in the holiday period for the first time, Dec.6th to 13 at the Pop Century, another first, on the dining plan...another first !

180 days was today, spent almost 1 hour waiting for ADR, but was worth it, got everything we wanted.

Now since it's our first time at Pop, standard room, can you tell me wich section would be best for us. Especcialy for the buses

Thank you for all your help:thumbsup:

Buzz

hunnyluvsthemouse
06-09-2008, 02:57 PM
We have stayed at Pop Century twice, and we find that the 50's section in a room overlooking the bowling pin shaped pool is a great location. It is a short walk to the main building, bus stop, and main pool. It is nice to have the bowling pin pool right outside your door.

They have a great food court and store. Have a great time. Christmas time is a wonderful time to visit the World.

pox24
06-09-2008, 03:26 PM
The 1100 bldg. in the 50's section is very close to everything. Actually its not a bad walk from anywhere. Not like the All Stars. Holidays are a very special time at the world. I hope you have a great time.

kadesha
06-09-2008, 03:41 PM
I asked this question last year when we were making our reservations. I was told the 50's section, so that is what I requested. However, we were put in a room on the backside of the building, overlooking the lake. It was such a long walk to the main building and the buses. It was terrible. If you request the 50's section, you should request a room overlooking the pool, as those are the closest to the main building and buses. My 2nd choice would be the 70's section.

MickeyandTink
06-09-2008, 03:45 PM
We stayed in the 70's section last year and had a 1st floor room almost on the corner. It was right near the squirting fountain play area. Not the most scenic view, but it was really close to the bus stop and restaurant.

gnomelady
06-09-2008, 04:18 PM
In April we stayed at the POP in the 50's section room 1148 corner room, ground floor. Great area.Request a room in section 1101-1472. This is the closest walk to the Classic Hall. It is the bowling pins. Section 3101-3472 is back by Hourglass Lake.
If you go a search you can find a map of the POP Century.
I am looking at a map I got when I was there and this looks like the closest area.

Hope this helps.

WonderlandsMostWanted
06-09-2008, 04:47 PM
We were in the 70's section last December, and found it to be VERY close the bus stops, just around the outside walkway along the edge of the parking lot. We requested the 50's section, but it wasn't available. We weren't disapointed in our location at all though. We overlooked the courtyard between our building and I think one of the 80's buildings. It was very quiet, and a short walk to everywhere we wanted to be.

mickeynminnie08
06-09-2008, 06:36 PM
I have a question about rooms also, and thought this would be good place for it.

This is also my first trip to Pop, and I am wondering if there is actually any section you would avoid staying at all costs?

Taja
06-09-2008, 08:49 PM
Everyone is different and has different preferences.

I dislike being near the pools or other noisy areas, so I like to be on the lake side of the 50s.

My BFF and travel buddy (yeah, we have lot's of jokes about the travel buddy network!) likes--don't know if the 70s or 80s, but toward the back of the resort overlooking trees. Not my favourite spot, as it's a bit of a hike to Centennial Hall and the bus stop. But if you're driving, parking is nearby.

Just a matter of preferences! :)

Young@Heart
06-10-2008, 12:31 AM
I would not want to be on the far side, near hourglass lake. It's beautiful there, and nice to take a stroll now and then, but it'd be way too far from everything for us. I love being close to the Hippie Dippie pool and Everything POP! :mickey:

We just pay the extra for preferred. It's worth it for us to spend a little extra to ensure a closer location, since I've learned requests (such as room location) can't always be granted.

buzz638
06-10-2008, 07:55 AM
Thank you all for your great advice :thumbsup:
It definetly helps

Buzz

johnO
06-10-2008, 12:50 PM
We stayed on the far side of the 90's building. it was about as far away as you could get..

Crow
06-10-2008, 07:28 PM
50s for me also. all my stays have been in that section. the only bad time was on 1 side just parking lot view. i actually prefer upper floors w lake/Epcot views.

DizneyFreak2002
06-10-2008, 07:32 PM
We have stayed at Pop Century twice, and we find that the 50's section in a room overlooking the bowling pin shaped pool is a great location. It is a short walk to the main building, bus stop, and main pool. It is nice to have the bowling pin pool right outside your door.

I have to agree with this location... The first time I stayed at Pop I had a room over looking the pool... I loved it... I also love the 50's music playing in the background...

TIGGER17179
06-12-2008, 10:24 AM
We usually get put in the 50's over looking the lake which is fine with us.. It's nice at night because you can stand on your balcony or just look out your window and watch the fireworks at Epcot. It is a little walk to the bus but since your going to be walking all day anyway what's a few more steps? It is very quiet.
Being when you are going you probably will not have a lot of noise comming from the pool area. We stayed in the 80's right by the pool and kids were out there way pass the time they were supposed to be out of the pool- sometime around 1 in the morning!! and we didn't sleep well at all!

momof3+twins
06-12-2008, 04:16 PM
My only advice is to check out the dates of Pop Warner. I think it is around the time you are going. And I have heard it affects the Value resorts.

WonderlandsMostWanted
06-13-2008, 12:25 AM
My only advice is to check out the dates of Pop Warner. I think it is around the time you are going. And I have heard it affects the Value resorts.

Don't worry, Pop Warner doesn't stay at POP, they stay at a few of the All Stars. We were at Pop Century during the whole of Pop Warner last year, and had no problems.

BigRedDad
06-13-2008, 02:32 AM
We were there in April. The walk is not terribly bad from anywhere. If you learn the shortest routes while you are there, it is easily manageable. Enjoy your stay and have fun. I was very apprehensive staying there, but had absolutely no doubts after being there. It is fun and we will do it again.

DisneyOtaku
06-13-2008, 10:20 AM
Last Decemeber two friends and I stayed at the POP for the first time. We were in the very back of one of the 60s buldings and we still had no problem getting to the bus stop.

We also really enjoyed our stay there and thought the food court was excellent. I hope you have fun! :thumbsup:

phillychief
06-13-2008, 10:57 AM
Stayed at Pop 50's in December '06. Had a ground floor room in the building nearest the main building. The room was ok, the location was great. One bit of advice...give yourself plenty of time to get where you're going. The bus transp system can be slowed by the "scooter brigade". I'm sure many of you know what I mean. BTW: My family is staying at Poly the same time frame as you. Have fun!

andreallybadeggs
06-13-2008, 12:28 PM
Room location isn't that important to us-- seems wherever Disney has put us there have been some positive aspects. Just wanted to say that we really enjoyed Pop. The "over the top" theming was fun, the staff was very friendly, and the food court was much better than we had anticipated. Have a great trip! :mickey:

BriarRose0708
06-13-2008, 03:03 PM
I just spent a week at Pop in the 50's section room 1152. It was the best location I've had so far. I had been at Pop twice before in the 50's section but on the other side of the Tramp building overlooking the lake. Those rooms were a little farther away, but it really didn'tmake a difference. You can fax in a request to the resort 10 days before check in. While it's not always guaranteed, you can try. Have a great trip!

Tinksmom
06-13-2008, 06:10 PM
I'll be at POP same time as you and hopefully in the 50's building. I hope we all have great weather and a wonderful time!!!:santa: