PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else from West Virginia?

pdrlkr
06-09-2008, 12:21 PM
We are traveling back home to WV in a couple weeks and I was wondering if anyone else on INTERCOT is from WV. :thumbsup:

TheDuckRocks
06-10-2008, 09:02 AM
I'm from Martinsburg! We've lived here 5 years now and absolutely love it, even with having to put up with all the "dumb bubba" jokes.:thumbsup:

jrpersinger
06-10-2008, 10:26 AM
Charleston here! Other then a few minor detours the Army sent us on while DH was active, I have been here all my life.

Strmchsr
06-10-2008, 10:53 AM
Don't live in WV now, but I was born in Berkley Springs.

r4kids
06-10-2008, 08:23 PM
We have lived in Charles Town, WV for 4.5 years. We love it. If we could just pay our teachers, police officers, fire fighters and so on more I would be delighted. They are really struggling, please write you local congress person and speak out! I know TOTALLY off the subject :thumbsup:

katzctkpt
06-11-2008, 10:29 PM
From the southern part of WV really close to Bluestone Lake.

MaryPoppinsFan
06-12-2008, 11:02 AM
I was born in Wheeling and spent the first 5 years of my life on Wheeling Island. we moved to Michigan for a better job for my Dad. I'm actually heading home (I still refer to it as home) on Saturday for a week long visit. First time I've spent a week there with my kids so it will be nice to show them around a bit :)

sgdisney
06-12-2008, 11:28 AM
Charleston here! Other then a few minor detours the Army sent us on while DH was active, I have been here all my life.

Right next to you in South Charleston. Born, raised and still here after 53 years!

PDRLKR, what part of WV will you be visiting?

elmjimmlm
06-12-2008, 11:42 AM
We are from Hinton...We are about 45 minutes from Beckley and Princeton...
I hope that everyone doesnt think that we are typical West Virginians that have Cheneys on both sides...:blush:

sgdisney
06-12-2008, 11:50 AM
We are from Hinton...We are about 45 minutes from Beckley and Princeton...
I hope that everyone doesnt think that we are typical West Virginians that have Cheneys on both sides...:blush:

Now THAT was funny! My DH makes frequent trips to your area. His family has a little camp about 5 miles below the dam and he loves to fish!

elmjimmlm
06-12-2008, 08:24 PM
Now THAT was funny! My DH makes frequent trips to your area. His family has a little camp about 5 miles below the dam and he loves to fish!
Its a small Intercot world...We live about 2 miles from the dam...:mickey:

pdrlkr
06-12-2008, 09:08 PM
We will be visiting my family (where I grew up). It's a little town about 20 miles south of Huntington call Fort Gay. But I will be in South Charleston one day to visit one of my friends who owns a BMW repair shop called Sports Car Works.