PDA

View Full Version : Tournament of Attractions!: DHS Quarter-final: Voyage of Mermaid VS Playhouse Disney

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
06-09-2008, 11:03 AM
Hello everybody, and welcome back to the Tournament of Attractions! right here on the Intercot Theme Park forum. Last match was as close as it'll ever get, it saw American Adventure beat out The Seas with Nemo & Friends by a mere ONE vote! Now let's board the bus and hop on over once again to the Disney Hollywood Studios.

TO RECAP:

Epcot quarter-finals:

Spaceship Earth rolled over Mission: Space
Soarin' fly high above Ellen's Energy Adventure
American Adventure narrowly got by The Seas with Nemo & Friends
(1 quarter-final match remains)

DHS quarter-finals:

Rockin' RollerCoaster drove circles around the Great Movie Ride
Star Tours blasted the Back Lot Tour feat. Catastrophe Canyon
(1 quarter-final match remains after this poll)

MK quarter-finals:

The Haunted Mansion creeped out Space Mountain
Splash Mountain flooded the Country Bear Jamboree
(2 quarter-final matches remain)

AK quarter-finals:

Expedition Everest dried up Kali River Rapids
It's Tough To Be A Bug squashed Dinosaur
(2 quarter-final matches remains)

UP NEXT:

Let us continue the quarter-finals, as they'll be wrapping up within a couple of weeks, where we will move to the semi-finals of each region. But first, we have to find out what happens when Playhouse Disney Live takes on Voyage of the Little Mermaid!

WHAT TO DO:

Vote for which attraction you enjoy more.

The next poll (an MK quarter-final) will get posted when this poll moves to the 2nd page of the forum.

Happy voting and as always...have a Disney Day!

Chris :hatter:

Grim Grinning Marathon Runner
06-09-2008, 11:18 AM
Little Mermaid, and.....

* 100% votes for The Voyage of the Little Mermaid!! Whooooohoooo!!

My wife and I really enjoyed this show the first time we saw it, and were a bit disappointed to see that there's now a condensed version showing. We understand though, with attention spans of little ones and everything. Our daughter, when we took her at 2 years old, LOVED this show!

I have to also add that one of the funniest moments my wife and I had at Disney was here, but it was one of those "you had to be there" moments. We were filing into our seats, as was everyone else in the theater. It was a HOT July day, and the overall tone of the crowd was just a bit grouchy and annoyed. People kept trying to sit in the center, kept being forced to move, yadda yadda yadda.

The intro spiel starts, and the crowd quiets down. An older female CM is the "host" on the microphone, and she starts her spiel by saying "good afternoon, and welcome! My name is Dot", and she paused. Nobody reacted for a few seconds, and she still didn't continue. There was a fairly large group from the UK sitting behind us, and one of the men cupped his hands to his mouth and hollered "HEY DOT!" in his English accent. MY wife and I thought it was hysterical, because of what he hollered out, and because nobody else even seemed to notice what he said, including Dot.

To this day, if we're anywhere and I hear the word "Dot", or if I just want to, I holler "HEY DOT!" in my fake English accent, and we both about die laughing.

* 100% votes from "How to Lie with Statistics. At the time of my vote, there was only one voter (me).

RAIDER
06-09-2008, 11:20 AM
No contest on this one its the Little Mermaid :thumbsup:

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
06-09-2008, 11:27 AM
Little Mermaid, and.....

* 100% votes for The Voyage of the Little Mermaid!! Whooooohoooo!!

My wife and I really enjoyed this show the first time we saw it, and were a bit disappointed to see that there's now a condensed version showing. We understand though, with attention spans of little ones and everything. Our daughter, when we took her at 2 years old, LOVED this show!

I have to also add that one of the funniest moments my wife and I had at Disney was here, but it was one of those "you had to be there" moments. We were filing into our seats, as was everyone else in the theater. It was a HOT July day, and the overall tone of the crowd was just a bit grouchy and annoyed. People kept trying to sit in the center, kept being forced to move, yadda yadda yadda.

The intro spiel starts, and the crowd quiets down. An older female CM is the "host" on the microphone, and she starts her spiel by saying "good afternoon, and welcome! My name is Dot", and she paused. Nobody reacted for a few seconds, and she still didn't continue. There was a fairly large group from the UK sitting behind us, and one of the men cupped his hands to his mouth and hollered "HEY DOT!" in his English accent. MY wife and I thought it was hysterical, because of what he hollered out, and because nobody else even seemed to notice what he said, including Dot.

To this day, if we're anywhere and I hear the word "Dot", or if I just want to, I holler "HEY DOT!" in my fake English accent, and we both about die laughing.

* 100% votes from "How to Lie with Statistics. At the time of my vote, there was only one voter (me).

Great story, dot! ;)

CU Tiger
06-09-2008, 12:41 PM
This is a landslide for the little mermaid.

Imagineer1981
06-09-2008, 01:15 PM
Yep...Little Mermaid hands down

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
06-09-2008, 02:34 PM
My goodness..!! (the results so far)

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-09-2008, 03:02 PM
I voted Little Mermaid too...but I'm a bit surprised that no one has voted for Playhouse Disney. I would expect that it is a pretty good show for smaller kids!

avantgardeinker
06-09-2008, 03:32 PM
This was a little hard, because I haven't seen the new Playhouse Disney Live show and Voyage of the Little Mermaid isn't exactly my all-time favorite show. It's not bad... just not something I have to see everytime I'm there. I went ahead and voted for Playhouse Disney Live because of the expectations I have since they've updated the show. I hope I'm not disappointed.

:mickey:

DizneyFreak2002
06-09-2008, 03:34 PM
Blow out!!!! I went with Mermaid...

WDW24
06-09-2008, 04:15 PM
Little Mermaid hands down!:number1: :mickey:

alilprincessmom99
06-09-2008, 04:17 PM
Little Mermaid without a doubt!

Queen Stephanie
06-09-2008, 04:19 PM
No-brainer....Ariel anyday!

GrmGrninGost
06-09-2008, 05:36 PM
Little Mermain for me! :mickey:

Mousemates
06-09-2008, 05:49 PM
votlm > pd

RocknRoller94
06-09-2008, 06:04 PM
Little Mermaid! Not a fan of the PD.

BelleLovesTheBeast
06-09-2008, 07:46 PM
Voyage of the Mermaid!

BritCody
06-10-2008, 07:13 AM
Mermaid in an easy one

NYCGirl2582
06-10-2008, 10:26 AM
My vote goes to Voyage of the Little Mermaid

johnO
06-10-2008, 12:24 PM
Option #1

laward32
06-10-2008, 07:38 PM
We love VOTLM. It is a must see every trip. It never gets old. Haven't seen Playhouse Disney, but I think I would still enjoy VOTLM better.:mickey:

beksy
06-10-2008, 08:33 PM
The Little Mermaid! I love the show and its a great place to relax and cool off on a hot day (I wonder just how many shows my dad has slept through over the years? He likes the show but it never fails that half-way through the darkness and coolness overtake him and he is asleep! Of course the same can be said for CoP, the American Presidents show, and occassionally church :blush:).