PDA

View Full Version : For All The September Travelers

Gottaluvgoof
06-09-2008, 10:23 AM
I'm just wondering, if the Free Dining wasn't offered in September, would you still choose that time of year to go, or would you maybe go a different time? This September will be our 4th September in a row, and I have to admit, we were drawn to it by the free dining. I love it now and probably would still choose September. What do all you September guests think?

tinkgirl07
06-09-2008, 12:02 PM
September is a great time for my family and I to go. We chose this time not even aware of the free dining. We are going to be there at the very end of September and into the beginning of October. I am done with college (finally) so I can go during the fall and my sister is still quite young and taking her out of school isn't that much of an issue for us. This will be the first time we go in the fall and I am unsure of what to expect as far as the weather, crowds, etc. But we're just happy to be going again!

DisneyDudet
06-09-2008, 12:07 PM
Honestly, we wouldn't be going on this extra trip at all. We are already scheduled for January, but we thought, why not! Since the food is paid for, it was a cheaper trip, so it didn't hurt the bank as much.

MickeyMomof2
06-09-2008, 12:27 PM
I prefer cooler temps, so I wouldn't choose September without free dining.

Gottaluvgoof
06-09-2008, 12:46 PM
September is a great time for my family and I to go. We chose this time not even aware of the free dining. We are going to be there at the very end of September and into the beginning of October. I am done with college (finally) so I can go during the fall and my sister is still quite young and taking her out of school isn't that much of an issue for us. This will be the first time we go in the fall and I am unsure of what to expect as far as the weather, crowds, etc. But we're just happy to be going again!

I take my kids out every year for it. The weather is still pretty hot, but the crowds are very manageable. That is mostly what I enjoy about it. We had gone in peak summer previously, and honestly, I didn't enjoy it at all. The crowds were just overwhelming. I would love to go when it is cooler, but if that means bigger crowds, than I prefer September.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-09-2008, 02:59 PM
The free dining was definitely a draw. The crowds weren't too bad last year. It got hot but not as bad as July when we've gone the most. But I still love going in December.

Dragongirlx
06-09-2008, 03:02 PM
we don't use the free dining and we'd still go in September its the perfect time of year for us

MickeyandTink
06-09-2008, 04:56 PM
Since we are very budget driven, if it wasn't for free dining (or a similar discount) we likely wouldn't go in September and probably wouldn't be going at all this year :sad:

Thank goodness there is free dining :eat:

drhama
06-09-2008, 06:04 PM
No kids to worry about so some of my favorite times of year are late September & early October and early December. September is great, free dining or not.

BMan62
06-09-2008, 06:51 PM
Absolutely. We made our first trip before there was an offer of free dining plan for anyone and loved it then. Since that trip, we went once, in September, with DSIL and DBIL. We figured after that trip that we would try other slow times and went mid-Feb. one trip and late-Nov. another, but now we are back to September.

Feb. was so-so with weird weather - hot and dry two days, cold and misty the next two. Nov. was nice for weather and we really enjoyed the Christmas decorations and shows, but a little busy for us. Sept. has been just about perfect for us -- low crowd levels, good weather, few rehabs.

With or without the free dining plan offer, we would still be most inclined to visit in the second half of September.

cal5755
06-10-2008, 12:48 PM
Absolutely. We made our first trip before there was an offer of free dining plan for anyone and loved it then.
. Sept. has been just about perfect for us -- low crowd levels, good weather, few rehabs.

With or without the free dining plan offer, we would still be most inclined to visit in the second half of September.

That is exactly how I think about September too!!

Stickey
06-10-2008, 04:01 PM
We have gone to WDW in September the last four years. We had the DDP the last two years.
Crowd levels have been increasing each year and September is now far from being a "slow" season. The Free DDP is now a reason to avoid September.

BelleLovesTheBeast
06-10-2008, 04:19 PM
We go in Sept because we celebrate our anniversary - we had our honeymoon in Disney. We loved going in Sept because it was cooler than the summer months and there were a lot less people. It's not the case anymore. I'd say there are twice as many people going now because of the free DDP than there were in 2003. I like it better before. There was rarely a wait longer than 10 mins. Now some are at 45 mins or so. If we didn't go to celebrate our anniversary I don't think we'd go in Sept anymore because of the crowds.

tinksmom02
06-10-2008, 10:41 PM
The only reason we're heading back to the world again is because of the Free Dining. I like Sept, though...still hot but at least you know what clothes to pack. Jan/Feb 2007 had us bringing everything from shorts to winter coats. Don't think I'd ever go back during that time again.

I would really like to go at the beginning of November, or the earliest you can go to see the Christmas decorations.

DisneyorBust
06-11-2008, 10:03 AM
Free dining was the main reason that we decided to go to WDW this September. We prefer going during the cooler months.
We also want to attend MNSSHP again, so that in conjunction with free dining sealed the deal for us.

MatterhornMiss
06-11-2008, 10:21 AM
Sept is a great month because of the lower crowd volumes. I also think it is still hot enough to enjoy the water parks and water rides (I've been in Jan/early Feb when crowds are also down, and felt--to me at least--it was too cool to be wet for a substantial amount of time). I know some people think it is too humid still in September (and maybe it is if you go earlier in the month), but I know I notice it a lot more when I've gone in June and the crowds are pressing in on all sides. Sept is also part of the "value" season for resort rooms, and even without free dining, there are usually better discounts during that time, either with AAA or through Disney itself.