PDA

View Full Version : can i have a little pixie dust? *Update 6/12*

DizNee143
06-09-2008, 08:32 AM
so alittle over two weeks ago..i woke up with this bump kinda under my arm..and then slowly each day for about 5 days..i would wake up with another bump on my upper arms or on the sides of my torso..
i went to my regular doctor..and she bluntly just looked at me and said i have no idea what that is..but gave me some cream to put on them..
about 4-5 days later..i had many more bumps appear..i now have bumps on both sides of me..a little on my upper arms...and right between my legs..
i went to the dermotologist on wednesday..she says its either some kind of viral infection (she said the name but it was way to long to remember..lol) that can take 2-3 months to leave my system! or some form of psarosis..
they are so itchy at times and are redish pinkish raise bumps and are sooooooo annoying..
i just want them to go away already..especially since the doctor isnt entirely sure on what it is i have!
i just hope it goes away and leaves no scars!! im getting married in less than 4 months!! why does this have to happen to me now?!?
so if anyone has any spare pixie dust for these mystery bumps i have..that would be awesome!!!

Mickey'sGirl
06-09-2008, 09:02 AM
I am so sorry Brittany -- especially when you are preparing for your wedding day!

I don't know if it is the same thing or not...but last year my eldest son had what we thought was an allergic rash that started on his back and spread down his trunk and out his arms and legs. The doctors called it Pityriasis rosea, and told us that there was no cause for concern and that there was no treatment available. They also told us that the spots would disappear in a few weeks.

They did and he is unscarred.

:pixie: to stop your worries and a :hug: to get you through!

disneydeb
06-09-2008, 09:28 AM
Mystery bump Pixie Dusst to the rescue!:pixie::pixie::pixie:

daparish
06-09-2008, 10:00 AM
Hope you feel better soon and congratulations on your upcoming wedding.

tinkerbellybutton
06-09-2008, 10:17 AM
Sending more of the mystery bump pixie dust your way :pixie: and a little bit of disappearing pixie dust so it will be gone by your wedding ;) :pixie:

MsMin
06-09-2008, 10:25 AM
Sending plenty of :pixie: If it is a form a psoriasis from what I understand it can get worse with stress :( So think magical thoughts real quick ;)
There is some powerful :pixie: out here so just believe it will get better :magic:

DisneyDog
06-09-2008, 11:29 AM
2 years ago I woke up with a strange rash. I went to the doctor and she said it was something that everyone gets -- but usually in childhood. Don't remember what it was, but it took about a month to go away.

azdisneymom
06-09-2008, 12:21 PM
Here is some pixie dust for you. :pixie: Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. I am sure you will be a beautiful bride.

wdwgrl377
06-09-2008, 01:38 PM
:pixie: headed your way for the mystery bumps to disappear!

ElenitaB
06-09-2008, 07:34 PM
How distressing! You did the right thing by going to the dermatologist but it sounds like you need a second opinion too!

Here's some more anti-mystery bump :pixie: and many, many congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

BronxTigger
06-09-2008, 07:57 PM
Maybe it's scabies?

mrsgaribaldi
06-10-2008, 11:09 AM
:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:on the way.

DizNee143
06-11-2008, 08:12 AM
well i went back to the dermatologist yesterday..and she still isnt sure on what i have..so she took a biopsy of one of the bumps...and i go back next thursday to get the stitches taken out and to hopefully find out what the heck these bumps are!!
thats whats bothering me the most..that she doesnt know what it is!!..

DizNee143
06-12-2008, 03:59 PM
so i got a call from my dermatogolist alittle while ago...she said its some form of allergy..but what im allergic to..i dont know..there are 2 things i can think of at the moment..that i have started using or eating the the pass 4 weeks..i had bought a different detergent..but stopped using it a week ago...and i had started eating a trail mix also..but ill be throwing that away once i get home!
so shes putting me on predisone..she said a side effect is gaining weight..but i really dont care..i rather put on a few pounds then have all these itchy bumps all over my body!!..so im hoping that works and it makes all these itchy bumps go away!!!!