PDA

View Full Version : Im going to be a real life Godmother!!

KineGirl
06-09-2008, 02:50 AM
Im so excited! My SIL is expecting her second child - a girl, and my MIL called us this evening and asked us about getting a letter from our church! So we havent officially been asked yet but she said when we go to Chicago on Labor Day my B&SIL are going to ask my husband and myself! :D My husband was very happy too but he was also like "oh no".. he knows that Im a spoiler with love and material things when it comes to kids in his family and my little God daughter is going to be rotten. ;) Im an only child of an only child so no nieces or nephews or cousins on my side which has always made me feel kind of deprived because I adore children. Until I married my husband I never knew how awesome being an Aunt is! I go kinda overboard on our nieces and nephews making them things, making sure they get stuff from us on all of the holidays (or the Easter Bunny who just happened to leave stuff at my house :thumbsup:) and buying just the right presents. I plan on buying her a share of Disney stock, making her a God daughters bracelet, sewing her Christening bonnet and buying her her first pair of pretty shoes for her Christening - and of course her first Mickey doll! Im also double excited because my own (only baby) daughter is turning 18 this year and though my B&SIL live about 12 hours away from us, it still gives me a new little one to dote on. Im hoping too that it will bring us all closer since my husband and I are very close to his brother and his wife compared to this sister and her husband though there really is no particular reason why other than maybe age - theyre about 7 years younger than us. :confused: Theyre a sweet couple, we just have never made that "connection" with them. I expect that we will be taking them along with us in a couple of years to WDW so my God Daughter and nephew can be formally introduced to THE MOUSE! :mickey: I just feel so lucky and blessed :cloud9:

PirateLover
06-09-2008, 03:05 AM
Congratulations! It sounds like you are going to be one awesome Godmother! It is refreshing to see someone taking their role as Godparent seriously. I know so many people whose godparents showed up for the christening, maybe sent a card every year, and that's about it. Your niece (and her parents!) will be very lucky to have you in their lives!

vizsla
06-09-2008, 05:27 AM
Congratulations :thumbsup:

SBETigg
06-09-2008, 07:31 AM
How exciting for you! Enjoy, and congratulations.

tinkerbellybutton
06-09-2008, 07:35 AM
What wonderful news!:cloud9: Congratulations!!!

RedSoxFan
06-09-2008, 07:55 AM
Congrats:cloud9:

alphamommy
06-09-2008, 03:28 PM
Congratulations!

My oldest God"baby" graduated from high school last week. The other one, his sister, graduates in 3 years. They act as older siblings for our DD, who's an only child.

Have a great time spoiling!
Tammy

mrsgaribaldi
06-11-2008, 06:28 AM
Congratulations:thumbsup:
I no longer speak to my godchild or any of my nieces and nephew thanks to my mentally ill sister:mad: