PDA

View Full Version : Candlelight Processional + DDP?

bellerose
06-08-2008, 06:42 PM
I am thinking of using the Dining Plan for my trip in December (first time using the DDP) and was wondering how the DDP works with the Candlelight Processional. Do you still have to pay the full Tier price but use a meal off your dining plan? How do they work it? Thanks!!

disneydeb
06-09-2008, 03:23 AM
Although the narrators have not been listed for this year,here is what Info Central has to say :

INTERCOT > Info Central > Candlelight Processional

Candlelight Processional & Massed Choir
The Traditional Story of Christmas
in Song and Narration as Presented at Epcot

The Candlelight Processional and Massed Choir began in 1958 at Disneyland in California. Thirteen years later, Walt Disney World presented its first Candlelight Processional in the Magic Kingdom with Rock Hudson as the guest narrator. In 1994, the event was moved to the America Gardens Theatre at Epcot. Thousands of guests continue to share in each of the 100+ performances that are presented throughout the holiday season.

Each evening, nearly 400 performers fill the stage to create this mainstay of Disney's holiday festivities. The orchestra consists of 51 professional musicians from the central Florida area. The choir members dressed in gold represent high school groups from 30 states. A total of 21,000 amateur vocalists participate in this massed choir during the five weeks of performances. The performers dressed in green (the "tree") are Walt Disney World cast members from all departments and areas throughout the Company.

The singers in red and black (the base of the "tree") are the nationally acclaimed Voices of Liberty The centerpiece of the cast is a guest celebrity who narrates the story of the Nativity. Guest narrators over the years have included acclaimed actors, astronauts, vocalists, news commentators, and sports celebrities. The show is approximately 40 minutes long. There will be three daily showings from November 23 through December 30 at 5:00, 6:45 & 8:15 PM. 2007 Dinner Packages go on sale July 2, 2007.

2007 Schedule of Narrators*:

Celebrity narrators scheduled to appear include;
November 23 - 25:David Robinson
November 26 - 28: John O'Hurley
November 29 - December 1: Neil Patrick Harris
December 2 - 4: Dennis Franz ^
December 5 - 7: Monique Coleman
December 8 - 10: Steven Curtis Chapman
December 11 - 13: Chita Rivera
December 14 - 16: Isabella Rossellini
December 17 - 19: Kirk Cameron
December 20 - 22: Edward James Olmos
December 23 - 25: Gary Sinise
December 26 - 28: Rita Moreno
December 29 - 30: Marlee Matlin

*Subject to Change
^ Community Relations Night event at 5:00 p.m. 12/2
( no Candlelight Processional Dinner Packages available)

You can either purchase a ticket for the Dinner Package or you can watch for free. You do not need a ticket to see Epcot's Candlelight Processional. Seating without the dinner package is on a first come, first serve basis for each show.

The packages includes dinner at select Epcot restaurants and reserved general seating at the American Gardens Theatre. Packages do not include Lobster Entrees. There are 3 Tiers of Restaurants and Pricing. Guests order off the regular restaurant menu. Menus can be found here.

The Magic Your Way Dining Plan is accepted for the Candlelight Processional Dinner Packages. It will count as one credit each.

This is a credit card guaranteed event and a credit card is required at time of booking. The Guest will pay for the meal in full at the Restaurant where they will receive their seating name badges. Guest will NO LONGER need to pick up their package voucher/badge in advance, they just go to their restaurant and enjoy their meal before the show.

The show takes place rain or shine and less than one-sixth of theater seats are under cover so not all Dining Show Package seats will be under cover.

Tier One

Biergarten - Germany
Garden Grill - The Land
(includes full buffet, dessert & non-alcoholic beverage)

Lunch - 5:00 PM Show
Adult (age 10+) 27.99 plus tax and gratuity
Child (ages 3-9) 12.99 plus tax and gratuity

Dinner 6:45 & 8:15 Shows
Adult (age 10+) 32.99 plus tax and gratuity
Child (ages 3-9) 14.99 plus tax and gratuity

Tier Two

Nine Dragons Restaurant - China
Rose & Crown - United Kingdom
Restaurant Marrakesh - Morocco
San Angel Inn - Mexico
(includes appetizer, entrée, dessert & non-alcoholic beverage)

Adult (age 10+) 36.99 plus tax and gratuity

Adult (age 10+) 42.99 plus tax and gratuity

Tier Three

Chef de France Restaurant - France
Italy
Le Cellier Steakhouse - Canada
Teppanyaki Dining Room - Japan
Coral Reef - Living Seas
(includes appetizer, entrée, dessert & non-alcoholic beverage)

Adult (age 10+) 41.99 plus tax and gratuity

Adult (age 10+) 47.99 plus tax and gratuity

There is a 48 hour cancellation policy. Call 407-WDW-DINE.

mycutiepatooties
06-10-2008, 07:35 AM
I saw that for 2007 there was a Community Relations Night event at 5:00 p.m. 12/2
( no Candlelight Processional Dinner Packages available).

Do they typically have this every year? We want to go on Sat. 12/6 and we want to book the CP Dinner Package. Do you think that date will be available?

princessbellemom
06-10-2008, 08:36 AM
I was just making my adrs this morning and the CM said that they are expecting the packages to open up as early as this weekend or as late as early July. At this point she said to just my a regular dinner reservation and try to switch it over when the CP packages open up.

Tink<3Mickey<3Cinderella
03-26-2010, 11:15 AM
I have a question about the Candlelight Processional with DDP. I know it says in the above post that it will count as one meal on the DDP, however I'm just a little shocked at that since there is a $42 swing from the lunch on tier one to the dinner on tier 3. I am thinking about a dinner on the Tier 3 package and I just want to double check to see if it would use one or two table service meals. Anyone?

PopPhan
03-26-2010, 12:17 PM
All restaurants listed on Tier 3 (on all 3 tiers, to be exact) are 1TS restuarants, so will cost ONE DDP TS credit per person.

renecat
03-26-2010, 12:34 PM
One year we had the dinning plan and we were having a problem with getting an ADR at Leceller so we booked it with the processional and we got to dine where we wanted also. That is just a suggestion if Leceller is one of those must do's like it is for us. |It seems to be one of the most difficult ADR's to get.

goofygirl67
03-26-2010, 07:11 PM
This past December we ate at France and it cost us 2 TS credits each.