PDA

View Full Version : Stained clothes from Coppertone Kids Spray Sunblock?

MicMouse
06-08-2008, 05:21 PM
Just wondering if anyone else has used Coppertone Kids Continuous Spray Sunblock SPF50 and had their clothing permanently ruined with orange stains?

I sprayed my kids with this today before we went swimming and within 20 minutes there were orange stains on their swimsuits. I threw their suits in the wash when they were done and sprayed Shout on the stains, but the stains were just as orange as they were before washing.

What a bummer! What kind of spray sunblock won't stain their swim suits?

tinkerbellybutton
06-08-2008, 06:26 PM
We ran into the same problem. We used it on my God son in WDW and he had some brand new clothes for the trip that were permanently stained.:mad: We didn't read the fine print warning that said that was possible.:blush: We just went back to using Water Babies rub in sun block, it's a pain but at least it doesn't ruin clothes.

megustamex
06-09-2008, 01:04 AM
I've had this happen with the adult Coppertone as well. Now we only use Hawaiian Tropic and have had good luck.

where_else
06-09-2008, 07:16 AM
We have also had problems with both Coppertone and Neutrogena. I have really fair skin so I have to use a high SPF, but I am getting tired of wrecked clothes or having to wear dark clothing. By the way, what was the SPF of the Hawaiian Tropic that you used? Thanks for any advice! :mickey:

Gooftroop5
06-09-2008, 10:10 AM
We've used Target continous spry spf 50 for sports & this year we are using Rite Aid brand of spf 50 for kids no stains on the clothes that I have found. I just double checked ds#1 shirt he was wearing a white one yesterday & there are no marks on it.

I use banana boat for sensitive skin. It isn't a continuous spray it a rub on. It doens't stain but it leaves a white film on your skin no matter how much you rub. It is the only one though that doens't make me break out & I haven't gotten a sunburn yet & that included last year at the water park all day.

Stitchahula
06-09-2008, 04:53 PM
That happened to us last year so now I just stick to ocean potion it doesn't bother my oldest one at all. He gets all these little bumps from alot of sunscreen but this kind so far so good. plus it doesn't ruin our clothes.

ncscgirl2005
06-10-2008, 12:57 AM
Sorry but I can't give you any advice on the sunblock.

As for the stains, have you tried using Dawn with Bleach? I use that for tough stains and it does the trick about 90% of the time. I don't know how tough those stains are but it may be worth the try. Just rub some into the stain, let it sit for a few minutes, then wash. For the record, I have never tried it on sunblock stains.