PDA

View Full Version : New to DVC... how to buy add on?

dwwall
06-08-2008, 09:47 AM
I just recently closed on a 100 pt resale in BCV with Aug use year and I am already thinking of adding on. How does it work? Do I need to make sure I choose an Aug use year for next contract? Do I need to make sure to pick BCV again? Can I use all combined points for single stay? I'm aware of the 11/7 month reservation window at home resort, but unsure how points from different home resorts and different use years would all work. Any explanation or tips on how to manage would be greatly appreciated....

Fryguy
06-08-2008, 11:23 AM
We have now added twice to our existing membership. All we had to do was call our rep and tell him that we wanted to add on and he took care of it. We had the additional points within 24-48 hours added to our account.

We are also have an August use year, so when I added on last week we got points from 07 added to our account so we where able to bank them immediately. Kinda cool as we will have the 50 new points as well as the 50 bank points available come next year!

JMTStone
06-08-2008, 12:28 PM
I first bought our SSR points from DVC direct. When I purchased our "extra" AKV points, I bought resale through the Timeshare Store. As long as you're on the same use year, it will be the same membership number, but a different contract number.

I sent the paperwork back last week and haven't booked yet but I'm aware that I can only do my "home" ressies 11 months out for the points I have at that home. Same thing for banking and borrowing. If I choose to do AKV at 11 months out, I can't use my SSR points for booking at that time. I could use banked or borrowed AKV points, though. I don't see that its a problem because at this time... we have to work around school schedules so I'm good for booking 7 months out for our dates so far.

DVC Mike
06-08-2008, 12:34 PM
You can add-on as few as 25 points (paying cash) or 50 points (financing). The points will have your same Use Year.

If you have more than one home resort, all vacation points being used to make a reservation during the Home Resort Priority Period must be associated with that home resort. That is, you cannot combine points from multiple resorts to book one resort during the Home Resort Priority Period.

dwwall
06-15-2008, 10:10 AM
Thanks everyone, I didn't realize it was so simple to just call and add on.

Horizon93
06-17-2008, 06:08 PM
We have added on twice and it is very easy. If you buy direct from DVC, you will automatically get the same use year.

Just watch out for addonitis! ;)

PrincessASquared
06-18-2008, 08:15 AM
Do you have to add 25 or 50 points? Can you add an odd number of points such as 35 or 40?

DVC Mike
06-18-2008, 10:56 AM
Do you have to add 25 or 50 points? Can you add an odd number of points such as 35 or 40?

Of course! You could add-on 26 points, or 43, or any number greater than 25.

PrincessASquared
06-18-2008, 02:21 PM
Thanks Mike, one more question, Can it be financed if it is under fifty points?

DVC Mike
06-18-2008, 05:07 PM
Thanks Mike, one more question, Can it be financed if it is under fifty points?

No, 50 points is the minimum for financing.

dolphinmickey9170
06-18-2008, 05:43 PM
Mike, one more question.....do you pay another deposit? Or do they just add the points and adjust your monthly payment and dues accordingly?

Fryguy
06-19-2008, 10:27 AM
When you finance it is just like a new transaction/loan. You pay your 10% deposit and they send you all the loan documents. It is a seperate loan but they will add the payment to your existing payment as well as the additional dues will be added to your monthly dues payment automagially.