PDA

View Full Version : Obtaining FPs with Seasonal Passes

pooh0601
06-07-2008, 08:50 PM
I have a seasonal pass which is currently under the "blackout" period. If I buy say a Play 4 pass, or some other type of pass to gain entry into the park, will I be able to use my seasonal pass at the fastpass machines, or because it was not used at park entry will it not work at the machines?

I hate to buy a pass to use during the blackouts, but if I'm able to use both that pass and my seasonal pass to get fastpasses, that might justify the cost of doing so.

Has anyone ever tried that before?(or some type of similar situation where you use a pass that is valid, but was not used at the gate to gain entry into the park and was able to get a fastpass with it?)

DisneyDudet
06-07-2008, 09:02 PM
I do believe that if you don't 'activate' your pass that day, it will not 'register' at the FP machines. I have not personally tried it, but I believe this is the case.

PhilHarHarMagic
06-07-2008, 09:19 PM
I haven't tried it at WDW, but at DL it doesn't work. We went to GC and two of us went to DCA and tried to get Soarin' FP and it wouldn't work.

You would think they would be using the same software, but they might not be. The resorts aren't as technically advanced from a systems perspective as you would think - they seem to focus more on the guest experience.

Melanie
06-07-2008, 09:35 PM
Morgan is correct.

What you are describing is actually a way of cheating the system, and since we don't allow such discussions, I'm going to close this thread.