PDA

View Full Version : Pixie Dust for a little Fireman

Mad About Mickey
06-07-2008, 05:44 PM
Our DS, 5 years old, is a complete fireman fanatic. :fireman: He runs around dressed as a fireman and we even converted his radio flyer wagon to a firetruck. I remember the fire station and the old fire truck on Main St. in MK from earlier visits but does anyone know of other opportunities. Are ther CM firemen at the station to pose fror pictures or maybe even character's in firemen costume meet & greets? Anyone seen a fireman's hat with Mickey ears at the park? If not I will make him his own before we go. Any ideas you may have will greatly appreciated.:mickey:

Thanks,

Main Street Jim
06-07-2008, 05:56 PM
Well, we have Chief Smokey on Main Street once in a while (can't guarantee anything, though). The Fire Truck is also used in the Family Fun Day parade, which runs a few times a day, and if you get up to the Hub about a 1/2 hour or earlier before it starts, you guys *might* get picked to ride in that Fire Truck!

The Furehouse also sells Fireman badges with names on them, and if you can't find your name, you can purchase a blank one and have it engraved at Uptown Jewelers on Main Street.

You can also tour the Reedy Creek Fire Station #1 over on Buena Vista Drive; it's in between Caribbean Beach Resort and the Pop Century Resort, kind of behind Epcot. if you want detailed directions, e-mail me where you're staying and I'll get them to you ;)

medic9016
06-07-2008, 07:59 PM
Chief Smokey is a great guy. I have several pictures with him. I have not been to any of the stations, but I have talked to some of the Reedy Creek guys at DTD. I'm sure they will show him around their stations, the same as we do here at ours.

pah-fla
06-07-2008, 08:39 PM
On your next visit, please do bring him to our station. I work at the "Dalmatian Station" which is on Buena Vista Drive and Victory Way. I'm the Operations Secretary there and we all enjoy seeing the enthusiasm of children as they see our equipment and meet the firefighters. We look forward to seeing you!:thumbsup:

disneydeb
06-07-2008, 09:14 PM
Our DS, 5 years old, is a complete fireman fanatic. :fireman: He runs around dressed as a fireman and we even converted his radio flyer wagon to a firetruck. I remember the fire station and the old fire truck on Main St. in MK from earlier visits but does anyone know of other opportunities. Are ther CM firemen at the station to pose fror pictures or maybe even character's in firemen costume meet & greets? Anyone seen a fireman's hat with Mickey ears at the park? If not I will make him his own before we go. Any ideas you may have will greatly appreciated.:mickey:

Thanks,

On your next visit, please do bring him to our station. I work at the "Dalmatian Station" which is on Buena Vista Drive and Victory Way. I'm the Operations Secretary there and we all enjoy seeing the enthusiasm of children as they see our equipment and meet the firefighters. We look forward to seeing you!:thumbsup:

Welcome to Intercot! We don't have many fires here, but we sure have fun!
:fireman: :truck: :flame:
:welcome::balloon:

dismommy
06-10-2008, 08:15 PM
My DS is also a fireman fanatic (DD is a fireman) and when we were in the firehouse store on main street during our last trip buying mickey fire company t shirts he was telling the cashier that he was going to be a fireman when he grows up and how he always plays fireman etc. she made him "fire chief of the day" gave him a plastic hat fabric badge and he got to ring the actual bell on the station the has a rope pull. He got a magical memories certificate and it made his trip.