PDA

View Full Version : Around the World Segway

Nut4DW
06-07-2008, 05:32 PM
We are going to DW in December and my DH wants to do the Around the World Segway tour. Anybody done this and if so, tell me about it please. Looks like a lot of fun. :mickey:

DizneyRox
06-07-2008, 08:13 PM
One of the best tours available. 2 hours, first hour learning to ride the segway, second hour tooling around World Showcase. Our last tour the guide actually explained some of the architecture, stories, etc. The first time was just a fun ride around.

I'd definitely do it again and again, actually looking forward to the offroad one over at Fort Wilderness next time around.

tinkgirl07
06-09-2008, 12:21 PM
On my last trip in 2006 we did the shorter tour that was 1/2 hour inside and then 1/2 just around FW. It was soooo much fun I just wish that someone could have taken pictures of us! We don't have any pictures of us riding the segways :(

However, for my upcoming trip with my family I talked my mom into booking the around the world tour for my stepdad and me. Since he is being such a sport about all the princessness going on (he's going with two princesses and a queen) we thought it would be nice to do something for him (he's into tech majorly!)

For those who have done this. Do you think it would be possible for my mom to meet us at the "end" of the world showcase to take pictures of us? (Sorry to steal the thread away from you, I just thought of the question as I was posting) :mickey:

Nut4DW
06-09-2008, 12:50 PM
No problem with the question - I'd like to know the answer to that too. I definately want pics of us - our daughter laughed her head off when I told her we were doing this tour. Gotta show her the "old" folks aren't dead yet :)

DizneyRox
06-09-2008, 10:28 PM
World Showcase is normally closed until 11am, so chances of meeting someone out in WS is pretty slim. There are photo ops where the instructors will take your picture if you ask nicely.

WDW crazy
06-11-2008, 01:54 AM
I have been on the Segway tour two times. It is a lot of fun. We were also given info about the countries as we went all around World Showcase. As far as someone taking pictures of you, it is totally possible. By the time we finished with our tour they were already letting people go into World showcase and our tour guide just had us follow them through the people. When you get back to the building that you originally left from someone can be there just outside waiting for you to come back and take pictures then. Everyone comes back all lined up so it is cool to watch them. They will come back on the side toward The Land. They even let someone come in and take pictures when we went back into the building to drop off the segways.