PDA

View Full Version : MGM to Epcot

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
06-07-2008, 02:01 PM
How do you get from MGM to Epcot and back? IS there a way to walk as well as the bus? Is there also a boat?

Polynesian Dweller
06-07-2008, 02:17 PM
There is a walkway. As you exit DHS, it is on the right side of the waterway. Walk down near the roadway and you will come to the sign for the wallway to Epcot. It takes you through the Boardwalk are and in via the International gateway. Its a really nice walk and is about 20minutes on a leisurely pace.
There is also a boat. As you exit DHS, the boat dock is on the left side of the waterway. Since the boat has 3 stops before Epcot, you can often beat it by walking.

SpecJoe Magic
06-07-2008, 02:18 PM
You can take a boat from the Studios to the World Showcase entrance at Epcot, which will cause you to enter Epcot next to France. To find the boat at the Studios, leave the park and take a left towards the boat dock. There should be signs to point you in the right direction. You can, of course, take the boat from where you enter Epcot near France back to the entrance of the Studios. I believe there is a way to walk from the Studios to the World Showcase entrance at Epcot by passing through the Epcot Resort Area, but I've never done it, and I hear that it's quite a long walk. I think you can take a bus between the entrance at the Studios and the Future World entrance at Epcot, but I haven't done that in a while, so I'm not certain if that can still be done.

AwPhooey
06-07-2008, 02:56 PM
I'd recommend walking instead of the boat. If you start walking the same time a boat leaves, you should be able to beat it without any problems.

If you have little ones, however, you might want to go with the boat. Pushing a stroller could considerably lengthen the time of your walk.

MauiMouse
06-07-2008, 05:56 PM
I love the walk, I do it every chance I get. My friend usually takes the boat and I can beat her everytime. I usually stop and take photos along the way. The boat stops at Swan & Dolphin, Yacht & Beach Club and then over to the Boardwalk in between the Studios and Epcot. Again I'd rather walk than take the boat. :thumbsup:

RALPH
06-07-2008, 06:06 PM
While the walk is nice (weather permitting) heat, rain, etc. I would take the boat. Man, ya do enough walking at WDW,... and I like to walk. DW and I often take a walk around Crescent Lake after eating dinner at the YS. If you have kids the boat would be a must. Just my opinion.

kathymk616
06-07-2008, 07:05 PM
I agree that the walk can seem very long in 90+ degree weather, and I am in good shape and athletic. You can sort of have the best of both worlds by taking the boat to the Swan/Dolphin (since that is the longest "non-stop" part of the boat ride), and then walking the distance from the S/D to Epcot while the boat makes the other stops at Boardwalk and Yacht/Beach Club.
Also bear in mind: at certain times of the year/day, the boats are few and far between. If you get to the dock and you have just missed a boat, you are probably much better off time-wise if you walk.:mickey:

Marilyn Michetti
06-07-2008, 11:01 PM
The walk is easy enough, but the boat is the best way to really see Boardwalk and BC from the water. It's a leisurely ride, (and like the above post), walking should be saved for the parks.:mickey:

Ladyvader
06-08-2008, 11:54 AM
The walk to Epcot from Disney's Hollywood Studios is a LONNNNGGGGGG 20 minutes, if not more. I definately would not recommend it unless you have lots of energy, and the weather is cool. With all the walking our guests do in the parks this would zap the last energy out of the hardiest of park hoppers. This walk is just nice if you want to take a morning jog or a leisurely walk with nothing better to do.
I recommend the boat trip on the Friendship boats for sure.

Imagineer1981
06-09-2008, 01:20 PM
I have to agree with taking the friendship boats...the walk is tiring