PDA

View Full Version : What other interests do you have?

Kennywife
06-07-2008, 11:54 AM
Here's mine:

cooking :chef: eating out :eat:
travel :plane:
reading
going to parks, zoos, and cultural exhibits
watching tv
surfing the web, online shopping or when we're low on $$, screen shopping. :surf::spend:

kakn7294
06-07-2008, 12:28 PM
reading
sewing
scrapbooking / amateur photography
watching sports - Steelers, Pirates, Penguins, Pitt football & basketball
napping :D
surfing the web
playing Jaws on PS2

Ian
06-07-2008, 12:36 PM
Playing with my kids
Travel
Boating
xBox 360
Reading
Sports (football, hockey, and baseball in that order)
Running
Music

SpecJoe Magic
06-07-2008, 12:49 PM
Spending time with my wife
Playing a lot of video games (I have 3 home consoles, 2 handheld systems, and a PC)
Sports in general
Computers
Singing
Walking/hiking
Traveling (when I'm in the mood)

disneydeb
06-07-2008, 01:38 PM
playing with my grandson- He is my JOY!
reading
philosophy
football
UT sports

KineGirl
06-07-2008, 01:59 PM
other than the obvious family time..

-yoga & meditating
-sea glass hunting
-wire wrapping
-ring/jewelry design & setting
-following the stock mkt
-gardening
-art & crafting classes of all sorts at our local art studios (candle making, sewing, ceramics, plaster works, stained glass, pottery)
-gourmet cooking / eating :eat:
-antique hunting/collecting
-wine appreciation & tastings w/ our wine club (Dinner parties! Which give me a great opportunity to guinea pig them with my newest "recipe")

pink
06-07-2008, 03:02 PM
What a fun idea for a thread. I like filmaking and listening to directors commentaries on movies, walking my dogs, swimming, going to the batting cages, etc. :mickey:

SBETigg
06-07-2008, 03:23 PM
I'm obsessed with my job(writing) as well as with WDW. I love to read. I enjoy fine dining and learning about wines.

Also, Fitness (to combat the fine dining), and historical research (goes with the writing). And I love to play games with my kids, both board games and Wii games, currently a fan of Mario Kart, but I also play a lot of Wii Sports Golf.

Jen C.
06-07-2008, 03:37 PM
Mine are:

Following NBA basketball
Reading
Pilates
Designer shoes (Louboutins are my faves!):cloud9:
Designer handbags (Love Kooba!):blush:
Traveling

Neat thread!:thumbsup:

Mrs.Mickey
06-07-2008, 03:44 PM
Aside from disney......

Animals (have 6 yay)
History- I love colonial American History mostly
reading
eating
cooking
being with my family
cars

joanna71985
06-07-2008, 04:14 PM
Besides Disney (which I love a LOT), I like:
*Traveling (my goal is to make it to all 50 states someday, as well as abroad).
*Photography
*Going to the theater (especially Broadway)
*Playing video/computer games (I have a DS, PS2, and my family has a Wii).
*Reading
*Playing the piano
*Following my sports teams (Mets, Giants, Rangers, and Nets)
*I have just started getting into cooking

beksy
06-07-2008, 06:50 PM
Of course Disney and my obsession (there's no other word for it!) with planning my next Disney trip, I enjoy:
Traveling to other places too
Spending time with with my sister and mom
Spending time with my bf
Reading
TV, esp comedies and detective shows
movies, esp romantic comedies
internet, esp Intercot and Disney site!
shopping and internet shopping if I have the $$
collecting Boyds Bears
American history
my cats

AHOTE
06-07-2008, 09:00 PM
Mine are;

GENEALOGY; especially when I connect with people researching the same families or newly discovered cousins. :grouphug:

TRAVEL; To see new places, meet the new family and ultimately see from where my 10th great grandparents' emigrated. Hopefully in 2009 :elephant:

COOKING; Love eating good foods of all types so I figure I'd better learn how to make it. Could never afford to eat out as much as I'd like. :chef:

WINE; Just adds something special to a good meal and get togethers with good friends. :wine:

ULTIMATE WISH; To eat at every TS restuarant at WDW on one very long vacation. :D

jrkcr
06-08-2008, 12:05 AM
Travel-I've covered a good bit of the USA with my kids, and sometimes DH. And a few UK countries when I was a teen. I want to see the pyramids in Egypt, the mayan ruins/Yucatan peninsula, a photo safari in Africa(I love Out of Africa), and the aurora borealis, and thats the short list!

Fun: Camping(Big Sur next month!), kayaking, swimming(Lake tahoe), being a beach bum at Ocracoke NC. Just enjoying nature!!

Kinda Weird: I make plans to live more simply all the time. I on-line shop for solar panels, and read about how to live w/o electricity, and how to raise chickens, and do all this great stuff....but I have not started to LIVE this way. Easier said than done...

Reading-love anything except science fiction. I read all the time! :thumbsup: Mostly historical fiction and non-fiction. I also secretly read bizarre "news" about aliens and ghosts, the earth tilting, and reincarnation, etc. :blush:

My Baby-everyday I take my black lab retriever, Baby, to run at the park, but we have to be careful because of her hip problems...and I am introducing her to the fun of WaterDogs. She likes to swim, and I recently got a 19 foot SAILBOAT :sail: so I bought her a doggie lifejacket. I have never had so much FUN with a dog!!

HOME SCHOOL. We have our own schedule, and lifestyle. We do not push them alot, but DD16 and DD14 are both post high school level on standardized tests(Stanford), so as long as we are not falling behind, we are pretty laid back. I want my kids to know there is more to life than our little corner of Earth. People with "real" problems, not just people worried about where the buy their jeans from. :rolleyes:

GOD: I won't say much, since this can be a touchy subject. But religion has always been a big part of my life. I like to learn about different beliefs, and see the commonality of them.

Marceline
06-08-2008, 12:21 AM
Besides everything Walt and DisneyWorld and my kiddo and hubby of course, my interests include:

Sustainable Architecture...ala Buckminster Fuller's geodesic domes and strawbale/cob buildings as well as all ancient and sacred architecture, studying and appreciating it.:tiphat:

Home Design....I obsess on making houseplans as much as Disney plans. I am very moved by the Arts and Crafts Movement.:pine:

Playmobil toys....collecting them and making dioramas. I also can't stop buying the cute little Hasbro Star Wars Figures either and then they came out with Marvel Superheroes and Indy ones too.:spend:

Yoga and Meditation......... breathing deeply, quieting the mind....(so hard to stop thinking about WDW though):cloud9:

Indian Food....studying it,cooking it, mastering the curry, becoming the spice, devouring it in bliss. I love learning anything and everything about India actually.:elephant:

Metaphysics and Comparative Religions...all paths leading up the same mountain and all.:)

Writing Poetry.....it's a strange urge to prove how deep and weird I am according to my mother.:write:

Women's Club.....which is chatting on the phone three-way with my sisters and talking about life and DisneyWorld :trio:

dolphinmickey9170
06-08-2008, 06:38 AM
You mean there's more to life than DISNEY??!!??

Oh, sorry.....

Time with my family.

Cooking, hate the clean up though.

Cross-stitch, I would love one of the kits that Disney has of the castle, or the firefighter Mickey. They are beautiful.

Reading, when I can find the time.

Traveling.

Spending time with friends.

daparish
06-08-2008, 07:34 AM
Reading
Cross Stitching
Scrap Booking
TV
Movies

RedSoxFan
06-09-2008, 07:59 AM
-- My family and going to all their sporting events, etc.

-- Watching the Red Sox every night.

-- Patriots football

-- Music

-- Shopping

princessjojo
06-09-2008, 08:13 AM
Since I've been in school for the last 2yrs, I haven't had a life to enjoy, but that's now going to change. I do however love...

-Reading, especially fast-paced thrillers
-My kids-they're so happy when we're just playing to have fun
-My Husband-he loves me and takes care of my, even the bad, crabby me.
-Love the beach-it's my shrine so I can return to my real self.
-Dirtbikes/Four-wheelers-Don't ask, don't tell. As a mom, you do anything for your kids.
-I think I like scrapbooking but it's been so long I forgot.
-Photos-that unexpected expression is always priceless.
-My dog Hershey-he's my exercise program
-TV-Hello, my name is Amy, and I'm a tv addict.
-Good food-thus the reason for Hershey my dog.

These are just a few, but anything I can do with my family is fun

#1donaldfan
06-09-2008, 08:35 AM
....this is a trick question, right??....

.....to hear my family talk, I have no interests, other than Disney ?????....

...actually, hunting, fishing, A LOT of sports with the kids....we run constantly....High School basketball, and soft ball.....Middle School football, little league baseball....it just goes from one season to the next, so there's little time for much else....

.....oh, I suppose I can add intercot surfing, even though, as of late, I've been MIA.......:mickey:

BelleLovesTheBeast
06-09-2008, 06:47 PM
gourmet cooking
making online videos of Disney recipes
wine tasting/appreciation
Nashville Predators hockey - season ticket holder
music - listening, playing guitar in a band called Jonesworld (funk) and singing karaoke
reading non-fiction
crafts of all kinds - scrapbooking, sewing, drawing, etc.
traveling - US and International
spending time with friends and family
watching shows on the travel channel, food network, fine living, animal planet, history channel, etc.
putting together concert benefits for charities like the National Kidney Foundation

faline
06-09-2008, 07:17 PM
Walking
Travel
Reading
Cooking
Spending time with Family & Friends
Knitting
Photography

Marilyn Michetti
06-09-2008, 08:00 PM
Number one would be spoiling Cody our Chow-Lab.
Oil Painting
Making porcelain dolls
Right now, I'm doing a book about my parent's lives. My mother tells me stories, I'm writing them, and www.winkflash.com will put them along with pictures into hardbound books.
Back to reading. My mother has dialysis every Mon, Wed., and Friday, so I'm FINALLY reading the Left Behind series - I think there's 14 now.:)

DisneyDog
06-10-2008, 01:30 PM
Spending time with my family (DH and DS5 -- and their activities -- drumming, drum corps, swimming and karate)

I love to read, mostly fiction and classic literature.

I love movies, especially romantic comedies and musicals. Anything Mel Brooks related is a huge favorite too.

Really love to shop way too much (it doesn't help that I live 10 minutes from the largest and most fabulous mall on the east coast)

Love local history (Philadelphia and Montgomery Co., PA)

Currently dog-less, but I love dogs, especially Pembroke Welsh Corgis (someday I will have another). I enjoy going to dog shows.

My cat (not really a cat person, but my cat is really cool; I believe he thinks he's a dog)

Going "down the shore," although I don't get there very often.

Asian cooking, really great matzoh ball soup, anything with eggplant, and popcorn at the movies.

LauraF
06-10-2008, 04:26 PM
I'm an AVID knitter (BF says I'm an insane knitter, but that's all relative. :D ) My yarn stash isn't that big . . . yet . . .

I also doing freelance art on the side. Mostly graphic design these days, but every once in a while I get to do some hand illustration (usually calligraphy)

I can also be found at the computer handling any of my web servers that need some love that day. (I only have three clients that need regular help right now, but that's plenty, thanks.)

When not doing any of the above, I'm probably singing with my classical choir.

I also love to read, and cook.

Marilyn Michetti
06-10-2008, 05:09 PM
Spending time with my family (DH and DS5 -- and their activities -- drumming, drum corps, swimming and karate)

I love to read, mostly fiction and classic literature.

I love movies, especially romantic comedies and musicals. Anything Mel Brooks related is a huge favorite too.

Really love to shop way too much (it doesn't help that I live 10 minutes from the largest and most fabulous mall on the east coast)

Love local history (Philadelphia and Montgomery Co., PA)

Currently dog-less, but I love dogs, especially Pembroke Welsh Corgis (someday I will have another). I enjoy going to dog shows.

My cat (not really a cat person, but my cat is really cool; I believe he thinks he's a dog)

Going "down the shore," although I don't get there very often.

Asian cooking, really great matzoh ball soup, anything with eggplant, and popcorn at the movies.

Let's see - that would be King of Prussia. I've spent lots of time and $$$ there. We lived 20 min. away in East Falls, a block away from Grace Kelly's childhood home. Lived there for 24 years.:)

Disneyatic
06-10-2008, 06:01 PM
~spending time with family and friends
~Reading I love historical romance novels and the magic/fantasy type of romance novels
~collecting scrapbook supplies (because I always buy it and then never seem to have the time to actually put it all together!)
~board games and dominoes with family and friends
~Planning fun things to do with my girl scout troop
~sewing (I can make tablecloths and curtains REALLY well, but am still learning to branch out!)
~Watching HGTV, Travel Channel, Discovery and Food Network

disneyboundagain
06-10-2008, 11:06 PM
You might be a redneck if...

When its warm:
Tinker with my '67 camaro and race it at the drag strip a few times each summer

When its cold:
Avid woodworker. The wood projects provide the bulk of the funding for the annual DW trips.

All year:
Ride my ATV. Great way to get frustrations out.

And the obvious, spend time with DW, DD4, and DS2. The kids are really starting to enjoy the car and the ATV. Especially the ATV, I think they may be addicted...

Very proud to say that I have NEVER watched a reality show. I'm lucky if I watch 3 hours of TV per week.

I also haven't touched a video game in at LEAST 20 years. Everyone remembers Atari and Commodore 64, but how many people remeber having an Odessey console?

SgtTigger
06-11-2008, 07:43 PM
Model Trains....

Real Trains.....

BBQ.... cooking and eating........

and the wonderfull world in Florida.........

The biggest is INTERCOT......
:D

:cop: :tigger:

RalsFam
06-11-2008, 08:54 PM
Besides spending time with the family,
Mountain Biking( 1000 miles last summer),
Guitar, Hiking/backpacking, Running, traveling.

Mickey'sGirl
06-12-2008, 01:09 PM
Hanging out with my sons and husband (honestly). I love hanging with them.

Reading

Reading some more (I am a voracious reader)

Autism Spectrum Disorders -- Particularly Asperger's Syndrome

Special Education

Cooking

Travelling

Hull-onian
06-12-2008, 07:29 PM
Here's mine:

cooking :chef: eating out :eat:
travel :plane:
reading
going to parks, zoos, and cultural exhibits
watching tv
surfing the web, online shopping or when we're low on $$, screen shopping. :surf::spend:

Hubby
Grandchildren
Rest of Family (theres alot of 'em)
My very best friend in the whole world Sharon
My Beloved Red Sox :bball:
Cooking/Eating out
traveling
figure skating:iceskate:
horseback riding
swimming
yaking on the phone
and last but not least Mickey and Minnie:cloud9:

Damon18
06-12-2008, 09:12 PM
My other interests...

Running ... training for my second marathon now

Reading ... useful when you can't walk after running marathon

poker
golf
sports
history

murphy1
06-14-2008, 10:15 AM
Sewing (as a hobby and small business) and smocking, for my kids and others

reading

Travel Channel and Bravo are my TV channels (I love Meet the Press every Sunday, but don't think I can watch anymore:()

Cooking and Wine ( I wish I had a wine cellar!)

Traveling to Florida (not just Disney but the many other beautiful parts of my home state)

Tampa Bay Bucs and USF Bulls!!

Most of the time I am with my kids and Border Collie...Murphy!

Dakota Rose
06-16-2008, 09:14 PM
Writing
Baking
Reading
Traveling
Hula & Hawaiian culture
Football